Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Beef Tongue

Take tongue. Add it to a simmering pot of water which has been
flavored with lemon and bay leaf, and maybe some celery once in a
while. Simmer until tender. Let cool a bit, then peel. Slice and
brown in hot oil. Remove. Get yourself some type of roasting pan and
put campbell's cream of mushroom soup in there. You can add a bit of
milk if you like. Add the browned and sliced tongue. Cover and bake
in oven (preheated to 360F)for about 45 minutes. You want it tender,
but not falling apart. Serve with white rice or some such.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 11:53*am, SelfCenteredSnob
> wrote:
> Take tongue. *Add it to a simmering pot of water which has been
> flavored with lemon and bay leaf, and maybe some celery once in a
> while. *Simmer until tender. *Let cool a bit, then peel. *Slice and
> brown in hot oil. *Remove. *Get yourself some type of roasting pan and
> put campbell's cream of mushroom soup in there. *You can add a bit of
> milk if you like. *Add the browned and sliced tongue. *Cover and bake
> in oven (preheated to 360F)for about 45 minutes. *You want it tender,
> but not falling apart. *Serve with white rice or some such.

When you are browning the beef tongue, what about grilling it instead
over a charcoal heat source? I wonder if that will work. Tongue(most
of it) is a tad dry, and grilling it may dry it out some more. Also
instead of then putting it in a mushroom sauce such as canned soup or
whatever, why not take it from the grill when done, and top it with
some type of garlic butter? I don't think I'd like the garlic flavour
though, not here anyway, so I'd just use butter flavoured with some
white wine, parsley? Not that I don't like the mushroom sauce idea.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 10:53*am, SelfCenteredSnob
> wrote:
> Take tongue. *Add it to a simmering pot of water which has been
> flavored with lemon and bay leaf, and maybe some celery once in a
> while. *Simmer until tender. *Let cool a bit, then peel. *Slice and
> brown in hot oil. *Remove. *Get yourself some type of roasting pan and
> put campbell's cream of mushroom soup in there. *You can add a bit of
> milk if you like. *Add the browned and sliced tongue. *Cover and bake
> in oven (preheated to 360F)for about 45 minutes. *You want it tender,
> but not falling apart. *Serve with white rice or some such.

You are a SLOB not a snob. You are worthy of being SLOPPED like a
pig.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:37:35 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

> On Dec 9, 10:53*am, SelfCenteredSnob
> > wrote:
> > Take tongue. *Add it to a simmering pot of water which has been
> > flavored with lemon and bay leaf, and maybe some celery once in a
> > while. *Simmer until tender. *Let cool a bit, then peel. *Slice and
> > brown in hot oil. *Remove. *Get yourself some type of roasting pan and
> > put campbell's cream of mushroom soup in there. *You can add a bit of
> > milk if you like. *Add the browned and sliced tongue. *Cover and bake
> > in oven (preheated to 360F)for about 45 minutes. *You want it tender,
> > but not falling apart. *Serve with white rice or some such.

> You are a SLOB not a snob. You are worthy of being SLOPPED like a
> pig.

Bryan. S/he *wants* that type of response. Why do you think the
recipes include canned soup and canned mushrooms?

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 5:37*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> On Dec 9, 10:53*am, SelfCenteredSnob
>
> > wrote:
> > Take tongue. *Add it to a simmering pot of water which has been
> > flavored with lemon and bay leaf, and maybe some celery once in a
> > while. *Simmer until tender. *Let cool a bit, then peel. *Slice and
> > brown in hot oil. *Remove. *Get yourself some type of roasting pan and
> > put campbell's cream of mushroom soup in there. *You can add a bit of
> > milk if you like. *Add the browned and sliced tongue. *Cover and bake
> > in oven (preheated to 360F)for about 45 minutes. *You want it tender,
> > but not falling apart. *Serve with white rice or some such.

> You are a SLOB not a snob. *You are worthy of being SLOPPED like a
> pig.

Bryan. You obviously aren't a big fan of beef tongue cooked in home
economics style. Perhaps you require a recipe for an authentic Madras
curry?
Just a sec. Oh yeah. Here it is.
I've got a big ole' can of Madras curry sauce. Concentrated! Just
add lamb, or the sacred cow, or chicken, or turkey, or gila monster,
or rock lobster, or wild hog, or any meat you desire.

> --Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 5:44*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:37:35 -0800 (PST), Bryan
>
> > wrote:
> > On Dec 9, 10:53 am, SelfCenteredSnob
> > > wrote:
> > > Take tongue. Add it to a simmering pot of water which has been
> > > flavored with lemon and bay leaf, and maybe some celery once in a
> > > while. Simmer until tender. Let cool a bit, then peel. Slice and
> > > brown in hot oil. Remove. Get yourself some type of roasting pan and
> > > put campbell's cream of mushroom soup in there. You can add a bit of
> > > milk if you like. Add the browned and sliced tongue. Cover and bake
> > > in oven (preheated to 360F)for about 45 minutes. You want it tender,
> > > but not falling apart. Serve with white rice or some such.

> > You are a SLOB not a snob. *You are worthy of being SLOPPED like a
> > pig.

> Bryan. *S/he *wants* that type of response. *Why do you think the
> recipes include canned soup and canned mushrooms?

I've never used canned soup or canned mushrooms in my life. Where
ever did you get that idea?

> --
>
> Never trust a dog to watch your food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 8:53*am, SelfCenteredSnob >
wrote:
> Take tongue. *Add it to a simmering pot of water which has been
> flavored with lemon and bay leaf, and maybe some celery once in a
> while. *Simmer until tender. *Let cool a bit, then peel.

Slice, and eat, with some horseradish cream sauce. Serve with parsley
potatoes, steamed vegetables, and maybe a winter salad (peas, sliced
beets, etc.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 9:37*am, Bryan > wrote:
> On Dec 9, 10:53*am, SelfCenteredSnob
>
> > wrote:
> > Take tongue. *Add it to a simmering pot of water which has been
> > flavored with lemon and bay leaf, and maybe some celery once in a
> > while. *Simmer until tender. *Let cool a bit, then peel. *Slice and
> > brown in hot oil. *Remove. *Get yourself some type of roasting pan and
> > put campbell's cream of mushroom soup in there. *You can add a bit of
> > milk if you like. *Add the browned and sliced tongue. *Cover and bake
> > in oven (preheated to 360F)for about 45 minutes. *You want it tender,
> > but not falling apart. *Serve with white rice or some such.

> You are a SLOB not a snob. *You are worthy of being SLOPPED like a
> pig.
>
> --Bryan

Where can one get "some such"?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 6:16*pm, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
> On Dec 9, 8:53*am, SelfCenteredSnob >
> wrote:
>
> > Take tongue. *Add it to a simmering pot of water which has been
> > flavored with lemon and bay leaf, and maybe some celery once in a
> > while. *Simmer until tender. *Let cool a bit, then peel.

> Slice, and eat, with some horseradish cream sauce. Serve with parsley
> potatoes, steamed vegetables, and maybe a winter salad (peas, sliced
> beets, etc.)

That sounds nice. Very healthy as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 6:37*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> On Dec 9, 9:37*am, Bryan > wrote:
>

> > On Dec 9, 10:53*am, SelfCenteredSnob

> > > wrote:
> > > Take tongue. *Add it to a simmering pot of water which has been
> > > flavored with lemon and bay leaf, and maybe some celery once in a
> > > while. *Simmer until tender. *Let cool a bit, then peel. *Slice and
> > > brown in hot oil. *Remove. *Get yourself some type of roasting pan and
> > > put campbell's cream of mushroom soup in there. *You can add a bit of
> > > milk if you like. *Add the browned and sliced tongue. *Cover and bake
> > > in oven (preheated to 360F)for about 45 minutes. *You want it tender,
> > > but not falling apart. *Serve with white rice or some such.

> > You are a SLOB not a snob. *You are worthy of being SLOPPED like a
> > pig.

> > --Bryan

> Where can one get "some such"?

"Some such" is a rare Iranian starch which is grown underground. It
is similar to yellow flesh potatoes, but comes into it's own as it has
a rather strong taste of root beer. Some people in Iran have now
successfully genetically modified this vegetable to taste like Dr.
Pepper. Don't worry. They have been taken to the International Court
in The Hague for copyright infringement of the highest degree. You
got any more nonsense you'd like to post or have you run out of steam?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 11:16*am, SelfCenteredSnob
> wrote:
> On Dec 9, 6:37*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>

> > On Dec 9, 9:37*am, Bryan > wrote:

> > > On Dec 9, 10:53*am, SelfCenteredSnob

> > > You are a SLOB not a snob. *You are worthy of being SLOPPED like a
> > > pig.

> > > --Bryan

> > Where can one get "some such"?

> "Some such" is a rare Iranian starch which is grown underground. *It
> is similar to yellow flesh potatoes, but comes into it's own as it has
> a rather strong taste of root beer. *Some people in Iran have now
> successfully genetically modified this vegetable to taste like Dr.
> Pepper. *Don't worry. *They have been taken to the International Court
> in The Hague for copyright infringement of the highest degree. *You
> got any more nonsense you'd like to post or have you run out of steam?

Ya mean like steam from water? You've been hitting up the some such a
bit to early.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 8:23*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> *SelfCenteredSnob > wrote:
> > On Dec 9, 5:44*pm, sf > wrote:
> > > On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:37:35 -0800 (PST), Bryan

> > > Bryan. *S/he *wants* that type of response. *Why do you think the
> > > recipes include canned soup and canned mushrooms?

> > I've never used canned soup or canned mushrooms in my life. *Where
> > ever did you get that idea?

> Read your own recipe above dork. *It specifically mentions Campbells
> canned cream of mushroom soup.
> --

It says nothing of the sort you lying sow. I have never used canned
food in my life. Perhaps you have me confused with your soiled
brats. Change their diapers you stupid cow.

> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> "One man's theology is another man's belly laugh."
> --Robert Heinelien

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 6:14*pm, SelfCenteredSnob >
wrote:
> On Dec 9, 8:23*pm, Omelet > wrote:
>

> > In article
> > >,

> > *SelfCenteredSnob > wrote:

> > > I've never used canned soup or canned mushrooms in my life. *Where
> > > ever did you get that idea?

> > Read your own recipe above dork. *It specifically mentions Campbells
> > canned cream of mushroom soup.
> > --

> It says nothing of the sort you lying sow. *I have never used canned
> food in my life. *Perhaps you have me confused with your soiled
> brats. *Change their diapers you stupid cow.

Although you have not mentioned anything canned, I must take offense
to your usage of words which are directed at the Omelet persona.
Omelet is a hard case. She had at one time given birth to triplet
leprechauns. They, when they were older, they sent her into outer
space all the way to the Andromeda galaxy. That was where she first
learned about faster than light travel. When she got back to earth,
instead of finding a planet that was 25K years in the future due to
relativity, she found a world full of game animals. There was
venison, moose, geese, chickens, rock cornish game hens, hogs, beef,
and the bloody bison known in North America as the buffalo. While she
toured Viet Nam, she found the water buffalo to be a most interesting
beast. On the plains of the Serengeti, she shot lion and tiger.
While visiting Egypt, she hunted and killed the Nile crocodile, and
brought down the mighty hippo using a knife and her hunting skills
only.
God bless Omelet!

> > Peace! Om

> > Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> > "One man's theology is another man's belly laugh."
> > --Robert Heinelien

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sycophant wrote:

> Death to all toxic posters...

If you really took a hard look at yourself, you'd realize that you're
wishing death on yourself with that slogan. Of course, you WILL die one of
these days; I suppose you gain some sort of twisted satisfaction from that
knowledge.

Bob

Smoked Beef Tongue [email protected] Barbecue 9 13-10-2012 12:17 AM
beef tongue Moe Jones Barbecue 2 23-08-2007 03:49 AM
REC: Beef Tongue Moe Storchacancoscow General Cooking 7 21-03-2004 02:32 AM
Beef Tongue Anthony General Cooking 21 20-03-2004 09:06 PM
Beef Tongue & Mad Cow Disease gabadab General Cooking 4 05-01-2004 09:16 PM