gabadab

Default Beef Tongue & Mad Cow Disease

Since beef tongue is near the beef brain, should it be avoided?

jammer

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:00:27 -0800, "gabadab" >
wrote:

>Since beef tongue is near the beef brain, should it be avoided?

If you want to eat meat of any kind, not just beef, you ingest a lot
of what they do and all these animals are fed plenty of antibiotics,
steroids, etc. I rarely eat meat.

That said, I had a big juicy burger today.

If you don't want to chance it, don't eat meat.

My .02
Peter Aitken

"gabadab" > wrote in message
> Since beef tongue is near the beef brain, should it be avoided?

There was an article in the paper the other day - it said that organ meats
such as tongue, liver, etc. are fine. It specifically suggested avoiding
oxtails, which is a damn shame because that is just about my favorite part!

--
Peter Aitken

Peter Morris

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:00:27 -0800, gabadab wrote:

> Since beef tongue is near the beef brain, should it be avoided?

So, is there significant concern over in the states at the moment about
variant CJD? and BSE?

We had our own problem with this a number of years ago, but I was
interested to hear in an interview with an official spokes person from the
states that you do not feel that our experiences and knowledge about how
we coped with our problem is of no relevence to yourselves.

Cheers, Pete.
gabadab

"Peter Morris" > wrote in message > ...
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:00:27 -0800, gabadab wrote:
>
> > Since beef tongue is near the beef brain, should it be avoided?

> So, is there significant concern over in the states at the moment about
> variant CJD? and BSE?
>
> We had our own problem with this a number of years ago, but I was
> interested to hear in an interview with an official spokes person from the
> states that you do not feel that our experiences and knowledge about how
> we coped with our problem is of no relevence to yourselves.
>
> Cheers, Pete.

Attention Pete:

I certainly would like to hear how you coped with the problem.

Care to share?

Beef Tongue SelfCenteredSnob General Cooking 16 10-12-2010 03:15 AM
smoked beef tongue ima@azzhol Barbecue 11 18-01-2008 01:06 AM
beef tongue Moe Jones Barbecue 2 23-08-2007 03:49 AM
REC: Beef Tongue Moe Storchacancoscow General Cooking 7 21-03-2004 02:32 AM
Beef Tongue Anthony General Cooking 21 20-03-2004 09:06 PM