Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rice pie shell

I've never heard of this, but supposing you have, is it a valid recipe?
What would you fill it with? I wouldn't reccommend clicking the link of
the source but I've included it for attribution.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Rice Pie Shell

desserts, pies, rice

2 cup brown rice, cooked
2/3 cup evaporated skim milk

1. Put rice in bowl. Mash partially with fork.
2. Whip evaporated skim milk. Add to rice. Mix with fork to blend
thoroughly.
3. Spoon into glass or nonstick pie pan. Press with a fork. It will be
about 1/2 inch thick.
4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes by setting pie pan in a deep broiler pan.
Cover with a baking sheet.

Notes: http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/rice-pie-shell
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 28, 10:30*am, Cheryl > wrote:
> I've never heard of this, but supposing you have, is it a valid recipe?
> What would you fill it with? *I wouldn't reccommend clicking the link of
> the source but I've included it for attribution.

You're right...the link is terrible!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

> I've never heard of this, but supposing you have, is it a valid recipe?

Wheat intolerant guy looks at the recipe. Mashed brown rice, not a bad
idea. Valid for wheat intolerant folks who want a crust-full quiche.

> What would you fill it with?

Most any filling. It's a valid idea but a wierd one. Wierd can be nice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/28/2010 10:30 AM, Cheryl wrote:
> I've never heard of this, but supposing you have, is it a valid recipe?
> What would you fill it with? I wouldn't reccommend clicking the link of
> the source but I've included it for attribution.

ifood.tv is a great site, in my opinion. I watch lots of videos there.
It's like the youtube of home cooking.

> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Rice Pie Shell
>
> desserts, pies, rice
>
> 2 cup brown rice, cooked
> 2/3 cup evaporated skim milk

Not sure about this recipe, but I liked the rice crust he

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2008/03...iche-with.html

Serene
--
http://www.momfoodproject.com
New post: New post: Nana's Famous Fried Chicken