Old 10-07-2007, 08:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What is shell steak?

I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm not sure
what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt steak?

Diane M

Old 10-07-2007, 08:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dianem1999" wrote in message
t...
I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm not sure
what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt steak?

Diane M

When you typed that question into a google search, what did you find?

Old 10-07-2007, 08:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

dianem1999 wrote:

I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm not sure
what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt steak?

It is another name for Strip steak.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dianem1999" wrote:
I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm not sure
what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt steak?

When the tenderloin strip has been removed from the short loin, the
remaining meat is known as a shell steak. Shell steaks are called by a
variety of names, such as strip, New York strip and Kansas City strip.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" wrote in message
s.com...
"dianem1999" wrote:
I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm not sure
what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt steak?

When the tenderloin strip has been removed from the short loin, the
remaining meat is known as a shell steak. Shell steaks are called by a
variety of names, such as strip, New York strip and Kansas City strip.

Thank you, Dave and Sheldon. I just never heard that term before.

Diane M

Old 10-07-2007, 09:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

"dianem1999" wrote:
I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm not sure
what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt steak?

When the tenderloin strip has been removed from the short loin, the
remaining meat is known as a shell steak. Shell steaks are called by a
variety of names, such as strip, New York strip and Kansas City strip.

What a coincidence. I didn't know that Sheldon ran this site:
http://www.culinarycafe.com/Meat_Dis..._Glossary.html

Shell Steak, or Strip Steak: When the tenderloin strip has been removed
Old 10-07-2007, 09:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dianem1999" wrote:
"Sheldon" wrote in message
dianem1999" wrote:
I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm not sure
what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt steak?

When the tenderloin strip has been removed from the short loin, the
remaining meat is known as a shell steak. Shell steaks are called by a
variety of names, such as strip, New York strip and Kansas City strip.

Thank you, Dave and Sheldon. I just never heard that term before.

Diane M

That's gonna be so good, what time should I arrive for your succulent
kaboobs?

Sheldon

Old 10-07-2007, 11:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

Sheldon wrote:

"dianem1999" wrote:
I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm
not sure what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt
steak?

When the tenderloin strip has been removed from the short loin, the
remaining meat is known as a shell steak. Shell steaks are called
by a variety of names, such as strip, New York strip and Kansas
City strip.

What a coincidence. I didn't know that Sheldon ran this site:
http://www.culinarycafe.com/Meat_Dis..._Glossary.html

Shell Steak, or Strip Steak: When the tenderloin strip has been
removed from the short loin, the remaining meat is known as a shell
steak. Shell steaks are called by a variety of names, such as strip,
New York strip and Kansas City strip

What! Sheldon did a cut and paste from the web without attributing the
source?

futurama
I'm shocked! Shocked! Well not that shocked.
/futurama

Brian

won't shut up.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:21:29 -0700, Abe wrote:

"dianem1999" wrote in message
. net...
I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm not sure
what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt steak?

Diane M

When you typed that question into a google search, what did you find?

What's a Google? Do you Google? GoogledyGoogledyDoo.

Do you have a valid license for navigating the information highway?
--

History is a vast early warning system
Norman Cousins
Old 11-07-2007, 12:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

When you typed that question into a google search, what did you find?

What's a Google? Do you Google? GoogledyGoogledyDoo.

Do you have a valid license for navigating the information highway?

uh oh.. was there a test involved? gulp

ObFood- Struggling to figure out how to import my old recipes from
Mastercook into the new Mastercook9 file. I lost my old Mastercook disk
so couldn't reload the older program...and don't really like this new
one so far...sigh

Old 11-07-2007, 12:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:21:29 -0700, Abe wrote:

"dianem1999" wrote in message
.net...
I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm not sure
what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt steak?

Diane M

When you typed that question into a google search, what did you find?

What's a Google? Do you Google? GoogledyGoogledyDoo.

Do you have a valid license for navigating the information highway?

I wonder how much his insurance is. And if we're covered if he's proven
to be at fault...

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Old 11-07-2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Abe wrote:
When you typed that question into a google search, what did you find?

What's a Google? Do you Google? GoogledyGoogledyDoo.

Do you have a valid license for navigating the information highway?

I wonder how much his insurance is. And if we're covered if he's proven
to be at fault...

Hah! I was just feeling silly.

I still hope you at least carry PL and PD.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 1:20 pm, Sheldon wrote:
"dianem1999" wrote:
I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm not sure
what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt steak?

When the tenderloin strip has been removed from the short loin, the
remaining meat is known as a shell steak. Shell steaks are called by a
variety of names, such as strip, New York strip and Kansas City strip.

It is, IMO, the best tasting flesh on the whole cow.

--Bryan

Old 11-07-2007, 01:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dianem1999" wrote:
I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm not sure
what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt steak?

When the tenderloin strip has been removed from the short loin, the
remaining meat is known as a shell steak. Shell steaks are called by a
variety of names, such as strip, New York strip and Kansas City strip.

It is, IMO, the best tasting flesh on the whole cow.

That's what everyone with lousy teeth and taste in ass disease says...
there are plenty of much more flavorful cuts but you need teeth and
good taste.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dianem1999" wrote:
I have a beef kabob recipe that calls for 'shell steak' and I'm not sure
what this is. Is it the same as flank steak or skirt steak?

When the tenderloin strip has been removed from the short loin, the
remaining meat is known as a shell steak. Shell steaks are called by a
variety of names, such as strip, New York strip and Kansas City strip.

It is, IMO, the best tasting flesh on the whole cow.

That's what everyone with lousy teeth and taste in ass disease says...
there are plenty of much more flavorful cuts but you need teeth and
good taste.

Dear Sheldon, take a few deep breaths, the doctor will be there
shortly.
The are "more flavorful cuts," but I find them qualitatively less
pleasing.

--Bryan