Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Apple cake mix

Some time back when that Safeway closed, we went in looking for bargains.
And one thing that I got for cheap was an apple cake mix. I actually
debated getting it because we don't eat much cake and I knew that if I were
to make it, there was a great chance that none would get eaten but since it
was cheap, I picked it up. And then I decided to make it just now.

But... When I looked on the back, I saw that it needed 2 cups of chopped
apples. Or I could use pears. Say what? Damn! I know how to make an
apple or pear cake from scratch. I figured this would be a quick to make
dessert. Add water or milk and eggs and done! Nope.

I will keep it awhile longer. And if I find myself with some apples that
need to be used up, I'll make it then. I am not going to go out and buy
apples just for this.

Apple in apple cake Gayle Hodur[_2_] General Cooking 33 09-03-2012 03:24 AM
Apple Cake Marian Allen Recipes (moderated) 0 30-09-2007 08:56 PM
Apple Cake Tamara Recipes (moderated) 0 28-03-2007 02:03 PM
Raw Apple Cake Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 23 26-09-2004 11:30 PM