Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Decorative purposes only

Today we took a sight seeing ride up north jersey, not that the
leaves are changing or anything. Bad summer. Among other
things, we stopped at this farmers market to get some apples
and whatever else caught my eye.

Aha, a nice gooseneck gourd, they amuse me and they make
a cute fall decoration. The cashier admired the gourd and we made
a couple of comments about them, then she told me that last
week, a Chinese couple came in. They'd bought one of those
gourds and it tasted horrible, they wanted their money back!

That just struck me as funny. You're not supposed to eat them!
Go find a squash! I didn't find out if they returned their money.

Even if it was edible, I thought $5 was a lot to pay if I did think it
was some squash. They are very light.

nancy

Decorative utensils Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 8 06-01-2012 02:15 PM
A Primer On Pie Recipes For Pie-Throwing Purposes Mark Thorson General Cooking 0 01-11-2009 07:33 PM
Decorative tiles Maciej Zabawa Baking 1 18-10-2007 12:33 PM
Decorative tiles Maciej Zabawa General Cooking 0 18-10-2007 11:55 AM
for medicinal purposes Eddie Grove Chocolate 0 24-11-2004 06:01 AM