Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Decorative utensils

Sometimes I leave a spoon in my drink, just because it looks good. Is that
so wrong?

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 5, 9:58*am, "Christopher M." > wrote:
> Sometimes I leave a spoon in my drink, just because it looks good. Is that
> so wrong?
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Let's hope the spoon police don't catch you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 12:58:49 -0500, "Christopher M." >
wrote:

>Sometimes I leave a spoon in my drink, just because it looks good. Is that
>so wrong?

Only if you try to suck on it, thinking it's a straw.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Jan 5, 9:58*am, "Christopher M." > wrote:
> Sometimes I leave a spoon in my drink, just because it looks good. Is that
> so wrong?
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Just don't poke your eye out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 5, 11:58*am, "Christopher M." > wrote:

> Sometimes I leave a spoon in my drink, just because it looks good. Is that
> so wrong?
>
> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

I don't know if this still holds true or not. But if one has an ice
teaspoon (properly called a tall drink spoon) in their glass they are
not supposed to remove it after stirring. The etiquette mavens said
when you pick up your glass you are supposed to hold the spoon back
(from swinging around and poking your eye or banging into your nose)
with the index finger of the hand that is holding the glass. I hope
you can picture what I'm describing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ItsJoanNotJoann" > wrote in message

> On Jan 5, 11:58 am, "Christopher M." >
> wrote:
>>
>> Sometimes I leave a spoon in my drink, just because it looks good.
>> Is that so wrong?
>>
>> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
>>

> I don't know if this still holds true or not. But if one has an ice
> teaspoon (properly called a tall drink spoon) in their glass they
> are
> not supposed to remove it after stirring. The etiquette mavens said
> when you pick up your glass you are supposed to hold the spoon back
> (from swinging around and poking your eye or banging into your nose)
> with the index finger of the hand that is holding the glass. I hope
> you can picture what I'm describing.

All well and good if you don't happen to have (believe it or not)
cut-glass coasters with spoon rests!

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 5, 1:40*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Jan 5, 9:58*am, "Christopher M." > wrote:
>
> > Sometimes I leave a spoon in my drink, just because it looks good. Is that
> > so wrong?

> > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> Just don't poke your eye out.

Or in.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 5, 5:10*pm, "Randy Johnson" > wrote:

> On *5-Jan-2012, "Christopher M." > wrote:
>
> > Sometimes I leave a spoon in my drink, just because it looks good. Is that

> > so wrong?

> Yes, you could poke your eye out.

"Index finger."

Decorative purposes only Nancy Young[_2_] General Cooking 20 15-10-2010 02:57 PM
Decorative Plate Rack [email protected] Historic 0 21-05-2009 05:40 AM
Decorative tiles Maciej Zabawa Baking 1 18-10-2007 12:33 PM
Decorative tiles Maciej Zabawa General Cooking 0 18-10-2007 11:55 AM
Decorative cooking... Katra General Cooking 2 14-01-2005 09:50 PM