Ken Knecht

Default Limburger cheese

I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
other ways to use it?

TIA

Ken

--
Untie the two knots to email me

"Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty."
Nietzche

Jack Schidt®

"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
>I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?

Rye bread and sliced raw onion. Beer! Followed by temporary celibacy!

Jack Halitoreos

Jack Schidt®

"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
>I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?

Rye bread and sliced raw onion. Beer! Followed by temporary celibacy!

Jack Halitoreos

Arri London

Ken Knecht wrote:

> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

Fill some pate feuillete with limburger and bake until the cheese is
melted. Can top with some ham or bacon.
Arri London

Ken Knecht wrote:

> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

Fill some pate feuillete with limburger and bake until the cheese is
melted. Can top with some ham or bacon.

Arri London

Ken Knecht wrote:

> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

Fill some pate feuillete with limburger and bake until the cheese is
melted. Can top with some ham or bacon.
Arri London

Ken Knecht wrote:

> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

Fill some pate feuillete with limburger and bake until the cheese is
melted. Can top with some ham or bacon.
Arri London

Ken Knecht wrote:

> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

Fill some pate feuillete with limburger and bake until the cheese is
melted. Can top with some ham or bacon.
Arri London

Ken Knecht wrote:

> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

Fill some pate feuillete with limburger and bake until the cheese is
melted. Can top with some ham or bacon.
Dean G.

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message . com>...
> "Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
> >I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> > other ways to use it?
> >

> Rye bread and sliced raw onion. Beer! Followed by temporary celibacy!
>
> Jack Halitoreos

Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.

Dean G.

Dean G.

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message . com>...
> "Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
> >I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> > other ways to use it?
> >

> Rye bread and sliced raw onion. Beer! Followed by temporary celibacy!
>
> Jack Halitoreos

Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.

Dean G.
Jack Schidt®

"Dean G." > wrote in message
om...
> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
> . com>...
>> "Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
>> >I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
>> > other ways to use it?
>> >

>> Rye bread and sliced raw onion. Beer! Followed by temporary celibacy!
>>
>> Jack Halitoreos

> Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.
>
> Dean G.

No, no....herring and more onions! And more bier!!

Jack Breath!

Jack Schidt®

"Dean G." > wrote in message
om...
> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
> . com>...
>> "Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
>> >I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
>> > other ways to use it?
>> >

>> Rye bread and sliced raw onion. Beer! Followed by temporary celibacy!
>>
>> Jack Halitoreos

> Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.
>
> Dean G.

No, no....herring and more onions! And more bier!!

Jack Breath!

Dave Smith

Ken Knecht wrote:

> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?

I once heard of a guy who used it to get back at a landlord who boosted
his rent after he renovated the house at his own expense. The landlord
thought that since the place was so much nicer after the tenant did all
the work to it that it was worth more rent. The guy packed everything
up, went to the store and got a few pounds of Limburger, plastered it in
the cupboards, under drawers and other hidden locations. Then he moved
out and left the place sealed up in a hot day.

Having tasted Limburger, that is about the best thing I can think to do
with it.

Dave Smith

Ken Knecht wrote:

> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?

I once heard of a guy who used it to get back at a landlord who boosted
his rent after he renovated the house at his own expense. The landlord
thought that since the place was so much nicer after the tenant did all
the work to it that it was worth more rent. The guy packed everything
up, went to the store and got a few pounds of Limburger, plastered it in
the cupboards, under drawers and other hidden locations. Then he moved
out and left the place sealed up in a hot day.

Having tasted Limburger, that is about the best thing I can think to do
with it.

Steve Calvin

Jack Schidt=AE wrote:
> "Dean G." > wrote in message=20
> om...
>=20
>>"Jack Schidt=AE" > wrote in message=20
y.com>...

.. .

!

>>>Jack Halitoreos

>>Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.
>>
>>Dean G.

>=20
>=20
> No, no....herring and more onions! And more bier!!
>=20
> Jack Breath!=20
>=20
>=20

ok Jack, I was with ya on the rye and onion (and of course a nice=20
beer) but you just lost me with the herring!

--=20
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

Jack Schidt=AE wrote:
> "Dean G." > wrote in message=20
> om...
>=20
>>"Jack Schidt=AE" > wrote in message=20
y.com>...

>>>"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Rye bread and sliced raw onion. Beer! Followed by temporary celibacy=

!

>>>Jack Halitoreos

>>Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.
>>
>>Dean G.

>=20
>=20
> No, no....herring and more onions! And more bier!!
>=20
> Jack Breath!=20
>=20
>=20

ok Jack, I was with ya on the rye and onion (and of course a nice=20
beer) but you just lost me with the herring!

--=20
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

Jack Schidt=AE wrote:
> "Dean G." > wrote in message=20
> om...
>=20
>>"Jack Schidt=AE" > wrote in message=20
y.com>...

>>>"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Rye bread and sliced raw onion. Beer! Followed by temporary celibacy=

!

>>>Jack Halitoreos

>>Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.
>>
>>Dean G.

>=20
>=20
> No, no....herring and more onions! And more bier!!
>=20
> Jack Breath!=20
>=20
>=20

ok Jack, I was with ya on the rye and onion (and of course a nice=20
beer) but you just lost me with the herring!

--=20
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Richard Periut

Dave Smith wrote:
> Ken Knecht wrote:
>

>>I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
>>other ways to use it?

> I once heard of a guy who used it to get back at a landlord who boosted
> his rent after he renovated the house at his own expense. The landlord
> thought that since the place was so much nicer after the tenant did all
> the work to it that it was worth more rent. The guy packed everything
> up, went to the store and got a few pounds of Limburger, plastered it in
> the cupboards, under drawers and other hidden locations. Then he moved
> out and left the place sealed up in a hot day.
>
> Having tasted Limburger, that is about the best thing I can think to do
> with it.

That's called an idiot. Not only did he waste his good money on the
cheese, he left the place for the landlord, who probably paid a mexican
or a russian 30 bucks to have the place totally cleaned; then he
probably rented it for 3 fold.

Money comes to money.

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero (Ancient Rome)

ř¤°`°¤ř,¸¸¸,ř¤°`°¤ř,¸¸¸,ř¤°`°¤ř,¸¸,ř¤°`°¤ř,¸¸¸,ř¤° `°¤ř,¸¸,ř¤°`°¤ř
><((((ş>`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸.·´Ż`·.¸. ><((((ş> ·´Ż`·. , .·´Ż`·.. ><((((ş>

Let there be fish!!!

Richard Periut

Dave Smith wrote:
> Ken Knecht wrote:
>

>>I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
>>other ways to use it?

> I once heard of a guy who used it to get back at a landlord who boosted
> his rent after he renovated the house at his own expense. The landlord
> thought that since the place was so much nicer after the tenant did all
> the work to it that it was worth more rent. The guy packed everything
> up, went to the store and got a few pounds of Limburger, plastered it in
> the cupboards, under drawers and other hidden locations. Then he moved
> out and left the place sealed up in a hot day.
>
> Having tasted Limburger, that is about the best thing I can think to do
> with it.

That's called an idiot. Not only did he waste his good money on the
cheese, he left the place for the landlord, who probably paid a mexican
or a russian 30 bucks to have the place totally cleaned; then he
probably rented it for 3 fold.

Money comes to money.

Rich

--
"Dum Spiro, Spero."

As long as I breath, I hope.

Cicero (Ancient Rome)

ř¤°`°¤ř,¸¸¸,ř¤°`°¤ř,¸¸¸,ř¤°`°¤ř,¸¸,ř¤°`°¤ř,¸¸¸,ř¤° `°¤ř,¸¸,ř¤°`°¤ř
><((((ş>`·.¸¸.·´Ż`·.¸.·´Ż`·.¸. ><((((ş> ·´Ż`·. , .·´Ż`·.. ><((((ş>

Let there be fish!!!

notbob

On 2004-10-21, Ken Knecht > wrote:

> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?

Make a cheese sandwich. That's how an old German greasy spoon down by the
railyards in Nashville served it. On white bread, no less. I hated the
stuff then, but love it now. But, I'm no more imaginative than you. I now
eat in on crackers. Hmmmm.... maybe a limburger grilled cheese....

nb
notbob

On 2004-10-21, Ken Knecht > wrote:

> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?

Make a cheese sandwich. That's how an old German greasy spoon down by the
railyards in Nashville served it. On white bread, no less. I hated the
stuff then, but love it now. But, I'm no more imaginative than you. I now
eat in on crackers. Hmmmm.... maybe a limburger grilled cheese....

nb
Jack Schidt®

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "Dean G." > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
y.com>...

>>>"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Rye bread and sliced raw onion. Beer! Followed by temporary celibacy!
>>>
>>>Jack Halitoreos

>>Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.
>>
>>Dean G.

> No, no....herring and more onions! And more bier!!
>
> Jack Breath!

ok Jack, I was with ya on the rye and onion (and of course a nice
beer) but you just lost me with the herring!

It was the beer, I tellya!

Jack Lagerstinkos

Jack Schidt®

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> "Dean G." > wrote in message
> om...
>
>>"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
y.com>...

>>>"Ken Knecht" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Rye bread and sliced raw onion. Beer! Followed by temporary celibacy!
>>>
>>>Jack Halitoreos

>>Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.
>>
>>Dean G.

> No, no....herring and more onions! And more bier!!
>
> Jack Breath!

ok Jack, I was with ya on the rye and onion (and of course a nice
beer) but you just lost me with the herring!

It was the beer, I tellya!

Jack Lagerstinkos

Dean G.

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message news:<SAYdd.20897
<snip>

> >> Rye bread and sliced raw onion. Beer! Followed by temporary celibacy!
> >>
> >> Jack Halitoreos

> > Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.
> >
> > Dean G.

> No, no....herring and more onions! And more bier!!
>
> Jack Breath!

I wonder what a limburger and herring pizza would be like. Maybe with
some olives and artichokes. And lots of red onion. No, it's too
gruesome!

Dean G.
Stepping back slowly, he says "I'll run out for some more beer."

Dean G.

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message news:<SAYdd.20897
<snip>

> >> Rye bread and sliced raw onion. Beer! Followed by temporary celibacy!
> >>
> >> Jack Halitoreos

> > Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.
> >
> > Dean G.

> No, no....herring and more onions! And more bier!!
>
> Jack Breath!

I wonder what a limburger and herring pizza would be like. Maybe with
some olives and artichokes. And lots of red onion. No, it's too
gruesome!

Dean G.
Stepping back slowly, he says "I'll run out for some more beer."
Barry Grau

Dave Smith > wrote in message >...
> Ken Knecht wrote:
>
> > I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> > other ways to use it?

> I once heard of a guy who used it to get back at a landlord who boosted
> his rent after he renovated the house at his own expense. The landlord
> thought that since the place was so much nicer after the tenant did all
> the work to it that it was worth more rent. The guy packed everything
> up, went to the store and got a few pounds of Limburger, plastered it in
> the cupboards, under drawers and other hidden locations. Then he moved
> out and left the place sealed up in a hot day.

I seem to remember that a group protesting Mellon Bank investment in
Japanese steel at a time when mills in Pennsylvania were going broke
rented a safe-deposit box in the Mellon Bank and put dead fish in it.

> Having tasted Limburger, that is about the best thing I can think to do
> with it.

-bwg
Barry Grau

Dave Smith > wrote in message >...
> Ken Knecht wrote:
>
> > I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> > other ways to use it?

> I once heard of a guy who used it to get back at a landlord who boosted
> his rent after he renovated the house at his own expense. The landlord
> thought that since the place was so much nicer after the tenant did all
> the work to it that it was worth more rent. The guy packed everything
> up, went to the store and got a few pounds of Limburger, plastered it in
> the cupboards, under drawers and other hidden locations. Then he moved
> out and left the place sealed up in a hot day.

I seem to remember that a group protesting Mellon Bank investment in
Japanese steel at a time when mills in Pennsylvania were going broke
rented a safe-deposit box in the Mellon Bank and put dead fish in it.

> Having tasted Limburger, that is about the best thing I can think to do
> with it.

-bwg
Glenn Jacobs

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:41:01 GMT, Ken Knecht wrote:

> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> Subject: Limburger cheese
> From: Ken Knecht >
> Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:41:01 GMT
>
> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

You guys are lucky, if there is a place in Colorado to get Limburger, I
don't know where it is. If someone out there does please let me know where.

--
JakeInHartsel

If there is a God, let it be Bacchus!

Glenn Jacobs

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:41:01 GMT, Ken Knecht wrote:

> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> Subject: Limburger cheese
> From: Ken Knecht >
> Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:41:01 GMT
>
> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> other ways to use it?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

You guys are lucky, if there is a place in Colorado to get Limburger, I
don't know where it is. If someone out there does please let me know where.

--
JakeInHartsel

If there is a God, let it be Bacchus!

Glenn Jacobs

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:33:41 -0600, Arri London wrote:

> Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:33:41 -0600
> From: Arri London >
> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> Subject: Limburger cheese
>

> Ken Knecht wrote:
>>
>> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
>> other ways to use it?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Ken
>>

> Fill some pate feuillete with limburger and bake until the cheese is
> melted. Can top with some ham or bacon.

What is pate feuillete?

--
JakeInHartsel

Food, The Art Form that You Can Eat

Glenn Jacobs

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:33:41 -0600, Arri London wrote:

> Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:33:41 -0600
> From: Arri London >
> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> Subject: Limburger cheese
>

> Ken Knecht wrote:
>>
>> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
>> other ways to use it?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Ken
>>

> Fill some pate feuillete with limburger and bake until the cheese is
> melted. Can top with some ham or bacon.

What is pate feuillete?

--
JakeInHartsel

Food, The Art Form that You Can Eat

Arri London

Glenn Jacobs wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:33:41 -0600, Arri London wrote:
>

> > Ken Knecht wrote:
> >>
> >> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> >> other ways to use it?
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>
> >> Ken
> >>

> > Fill some pate feuillete with limburger and bake until the cheese is
> > melted. Can top with some ham or bacon.

> What is pate feuillete?
>
> --
> JakeInHartsel

Puff pastry; the dough is layered with butter and folded repeatedly.
Arri London

Glenn Jacobs wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 16:33:41 -0600, Arri London wrote:
>

> > Ken Knecht wrote:
> >>
> >> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are some
> >> other ways to use it?
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>
> >> Ken
> >>

> > Fill some pate feuillete with limburger and bake until the cheese is
> > melted. Can top with some ham or bacon.

> What is pate feuillete?
>
> --
> JakeInHartsel

Puff pastry; the dough is layered with butter and folded repeatedly.
val189

We make a sandwich - limburger, tomato slices and Vidalia onions
'tween English muffins - top brown them to melt the cheese. Be sure
to deposit the wrapper paper fah, fah, away. No dental appt. next
day, either.

Mark Thorson

Ken Knecht wrote:

> I like limburger! Besides smearing it on crackers, what are
> some other ways to use it?

It melts well. I used to melt slices of Limburger on
flour tortillas, and roll them up for a quick snack.
That was before I got smart about food.

I used to worry about the SATURATED FAT in a fatty
cheese like Limburger. Now I know how misplaced
my fear was! CARBS KILL! They are responsible for
ALL diseases. The natural human lifespan would be
over 150 YEARS if you never eat carbs!

mjones

Wash the rind off the brick using running tap water before cutting it. Slice
it thick and put it on a nice firm bread, buttered, with a thick slice of
sweet onion, a little salt and pepper and a good slathering of good old
yellow mustard. A hard boiled egg to go along with it and an ice cold ale to
wash it down.
:-) Marc...who misses the limberger we used to get from the factory in
Illion, NY when I was a kid. The stuff in our grocery stores here in NC just
isn't the same.

"Dean G." > wrote in message
om...
> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message news:<SAYdd.20897
> <snip>

>> > Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.
>> >
>> > Dean G.

>> No, no....herring and more onions! And more bier!!
>>
>> Jack Breath!

> I wonder what a limburger and herring pizza would be like. Maybe with
> some olives and artichokes. And lots of red onion. No, it's too
> gruesome!
>
> Dean G.
> Stepping back slowly, he says "I'll run out for some more beer."

mjones

Wash the rind off the brick using running tap water before cutting it. Slice
it thick and put it on a nice firm bread, buttered, with a thick slice of
sweet onion, a little salt and pepper and a good slathering of good old
yellow mustard. A hard boiled egg to go along with it and an ice cold ale to
wash it down.
:-) Marc...who misses the limberger we used to get from the factory in
Illion, NY when I was a kid. The stuff in our grocery stores here in NC just
isn't the same.

"Dean G." > wrote in message
om...
> "Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message news:<SAYdd.20897
> <snip>

>> > Add some braunswager to it and make a sandwich.
>> >
>> > Dean G.

>> No, no....herring and more onions! And more bier!!
>>
>> Jack Breath!

> I wonder what a limburger and herring pizza would be like. Maybe with
> some olives and artichokes. And lots of red onion. No, it's too
> gruesome!
>
> Dean G.
> Stepping back slowly, he says "I'll run out for some more beer."

Steve Calvin

mjones wrote:
> Wash the rind off the brick using running tap water before cutting it. Slice
> it thick and put it on a nice firm bread, buttered, with a thick slice of
> sweet onion, a little salt and pepper and a good slathering of good old
> yellow mustard. A hard boiled egg to go along with it and an ice cold ale to
> wash it down.
> :-) Marc...who misses the limberger we used to get from the factory in
> Illion, NY when I was a kid. The stuff in our grocery stores here in NC just
> isn't the same.
>

> "Dean G." > wrote in message
> om...

I even liked the smooth kind in a jar (Mohawk Valley I believe) but I
can't find it anywhere around here any longer. I thought about asking
a store mgr to order it but figured that I'd be the only one that
bought and and they'd stop stocking it again.

Limburger cheese KenK General Cooking 2 25-03-2013 01:01 AM
Honey Creek Limburger Cheese Mark Thorson General Cooking 13 23-04-2011 03:44 AM
Substitute for limburger cheese? KenK General Cooking 6 30-03-2010 06:18 AM
leftover Limburger cheese? val189 General Cooking 9 20-05-2008 05:23 AM
Limburger? Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 15 04-01-2004 06:20 PM