Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The best home remedy for tooth aches!

On Jun 16, 1:30*pm, Nomen Nescio > wrote:
> Get drunk

My chest hurts...I call my doctor.

Tooth ache....I call my dentist....what compels you not to consider
this?

Never thought about having a "best home remedy" for a heart attack....

.....whatever....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr. Bill" > wrote in message
On Jun 16, 1:30 pm, Nomen Nescio > wrote:
> Get drunk

My chest hurts...I call my doctor.

Tooth ache....I call my dentist....what compels you not to consider
this?

Never thought about having a "best home remedy" for a heart attack....

.....whatever....

Isn't that 'take deep breaths and take a Bayer aspirin'?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Regular dental care.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"gloria.p" wrote:

>Regular dental care.

Care is not a remedy, that's a prevention... but even with regular
dental care shit happens... and dentists are not always immediately
available so one may need to survive a weekend. There are various
meds at any pharmacy one can apply for relieving toothache but I've
found the best is to place a whole clove between cheek and gum next to
offending tooth... many commercial preps are essentially oil of clove.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 18, 10:04*am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
> "gloria.p" *wrote:
>
> >Regular dental care.

> Care is not a remedy, that's a prevention... but even with regular
> dental care shit happens... and dentists are not always immediately
> available so one may need to survive a weekend. *There are various
> meds at any pharmacy one can apply for relieving toothache but I've
> found the best is to place a whole clove between cheek and gum next to
> offending tooth... many commercial preps are essentially oil of clove.

Oil of clove with benzocaine. That makes quite a difference.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Food Snob® wrote:
> On Jun 18, 10:04 am, brooklyn1 > wrote:
> > "gloria.p" wrote:
> >
> > >Regular dental care.

> > Care is not a remedy, that's a prevention... but even with regular
> > dental care shit happens... and dentists are not always immediately
> > available so one may need to survive a weekend. There are various
> > meds at any pharmacy one can apply for relieving toothache but I've
> > found the best is to place a whole clove between cheek and gum next to
> > offending tooth... many commercial preps are essentially oil of clove.

> Oil of clove with benzocaine. That makes quite a difference.

I'm going to remember that because my time is coming. I'm 62,
soon to be 63, and all my teeth from the eye-teeth back have been
filled and re-filled since I was a kid. I haven't been to a dentist
in 5 years. Can't afford it. That's why it ****es me off when people
say, "Why don't you just go to the dentist?" Yeah, with what? They
won't fill the teeth, they say there's not enough tooth left to hold
the filling. They want to sell the crown, maybe the root canal too.
I'm not alone. There are many people who can't afford dental care.
In L.A. they had a free clinic I went to once to get two wisdom teeth
yanked. But they don't have that everywhere, maybe not even in L.A.
anymore. So I'm going to remember the clove of oil and benzocaine
suggestion, although in my life I've had only one truly brutal
toothache (more of a tooth attack actually), when I was 17 years old.
It came from out of nowhere and got worse and worse till I was
pounding the walls and lying in bed moaning and groaning all night
till day arrived and my aunt took me to the dentist who yanked out the
nerve which hurt like hell even with the novocaine. All night my head
was pulsating from the very top down to my shoulders. I don't think
anything but the strongest addictive pills would have helped.

I'm through with dentists. I eat on my slowly rotting teeth,
making sure to clean them thoroughly each day, and rinsing them after
every meal and also using a pick to extract anything that might get in
there and bring more pain like that I recall not so fondly from the
days of my youth. Thanks for the advice. I might be needing it
soon. Another good thing, if you're not an addict, is to go to the
dentist and show him a tooth that looks like crap but is not really
hurting, and tell him it is. So he gives you a script for pain pills
which you put away for a rainy day, a day when the tears are falling
from your face like rain from the sky.

TJ