Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Harry Demidavicius

It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.

A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the Northwest,
Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
(Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.

Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and Sam
for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of cooking,
wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
time and life with Harry and Sam.

Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.

Alan & Kaari

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Motzarella" > wrote in message
> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
> A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the
> Northwest,
> Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
> drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
> (Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
> home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
> in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
> Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and
> Sam
> for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of
> cooking,
> wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
> time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
> Alan & Kaari

It is indeed a sad moment. I always enjoyed Harry's posts (and the very rare
ones by Sam, too), and have quite a few recipes that I saved from his posts.

Thanks for letting us all know, Alan.

Boli

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 20:08:31 -0700, "Motzarella" >
wrote:

> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.

<snip>

> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
> Alan & Kaari

My condolences to his family.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bolivar" > wrote in message

> "Motzarella" > wrote in message
>> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
>> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
>> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>>
>> A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the
>> Northwest,
>> Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
>> drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
>> (Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
>> home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic
>> gold
>> in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>>
>> Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and
>> Sam
>> for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of
>> cooking,
>> wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
>> time and life with Harry and Sam.
>>
>> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
>> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>>
>> Alan & Kaari
>>

> It is indeed a sad moment. I always enjoyed Harry's posts (and the very
> rare ones by Sam, too), and have quite a few recipes that I saved from his
> posts.
>
> Thanks for letting us all know, Alan.
>
> Boli

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I always loved reading Harry's posts. My
condolences to his friends and family.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Motzarella wrote:
> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report
> the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and
> progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
> A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the
> Northwest, Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking,
> not mention drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love
> of his life, Sam (Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And
> of
> course, his adopted home of Canada gave him an immense pride and
> joy.
> I think the Olympic gold in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a
> huge smile.
> Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry
> and Sam for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a
> love of cooking, wine, travel and people. We have no greater
> memories
> in life than sharing time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the
> night. Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
> Alan & Kaari

Rest in peace, Harry.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Motzarella" > wrote:

>It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
>passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
>illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
>A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the Northwest,
>Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
>drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
>(Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
>home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
>in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
>Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and Sam
>for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of cooking,
>wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
>time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
>Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
>Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
>Alan & Kaari

I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Perhaps you can obtain a picture for rfc's memoriam.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Motzarella" > wrote in message
> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
> A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the
> Northwest,
> Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
> drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
> (Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
> home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
> in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
> Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and
> Sam
> for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of
> cooking,
> wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
> time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
> Alan & Kaari

I'm sorry to hear this. I've always enjoyed Harry's posts. My condolences
to his family and friends.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> "Motzarella" > wrote:
>
>>It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
>>passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
>>illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>>
>>A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the
>>Northwest,
>>Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
>>drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
>>(Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
>>home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
>>in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>>
>>Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and
>>Sam
>>for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of
>>cooking,
>>wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
>>time and life with Harry and Sam.
>>
>>Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
>>Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>>
>>Alan & Kaari

> I'm so sorry to hear this news.
>
> Perhaps you can obtain a picture for rfc's memoriam.

I agree with this. We should remember his contributions and his personality
with a fitting memorial. We can go on for thread after thread about a lost
pet (no insult meant to pet lovers, I'd be upset too if mine died as well),
but the loss of a decent and kind contributor to this news group gets a
single blip. Let's honor Harry the way he deserves...
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Motzarella" > wrote in message
> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.

Sad news indeed. Thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Motzarella" > wrote in
:

> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
> A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the
> Northwest, Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not
> mention drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his
> life, Sam (Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course,
> his adopted home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think
> the Olympic gold in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
> Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and
> Sam for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of
> cooking, wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life
> than sharing time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
> Alan & Kaari

Bugger :-(

It's hard when you lose a friend....... it's even harder when you lose a
good mate.

Look after Sam, and enjoy many sunset toasts with her, remembering your
good mate, and her partner.

Enjoy the red, and toast him often :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Motzarella" > wrote:

> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
> A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the Northwest,
> Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
> drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
> (Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
> home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
> in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
> Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and Sam
> for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of cooking,
> wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
> time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
> Alan & Kaari

Very well written Obituary. Well done and thanks.
I got the message via private e-mail prior to this announcement, and
Nick also posted it on a.b.f. and a.f.b.
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Motzarella wrote:
> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>

> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
> Alan & Kaari

RIP, Harry. And my sympathy to Samantha.
Harry was a valuable contributor to rfc and a lovely man.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
>passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
>illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
>A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the Northwest,
>Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
>drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
>(Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
>home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
>in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
>Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and Sam
>for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of cooking,
>wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
>time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
>Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
>Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
>Alan & Kaari

My condolences to his family and friends. I have missed seeing his
posts. He always had something interesting to say.

I just downloaded his pasta and sauce recipes. Think I will make it
later this year when I have plenty of fresh veggies. Here is his
pasta recipe. I downloaded it from Google. His sauce is on the RFC
web site.

Basic Pasta Recipe

This recipe scales well but start adding a little more flour after
you double the amount. If making spinach pasta, use a package of
frozen spinach (300 grams) that has been defrosted & thoroughly
squeezed dry. Use only one egg as the fluid remaining in the spinach
makes up the moisture.

1 cup flour
2 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste

1) Place a full cup of flour into food processor. Add eggs and
salt.

2) Process until mixture resembles coarse bran. It should cling
when pinched. Wrap in Saran wrap paper and let it rest for 20 minutes.

3) Make your favourite pasta using a pasta machine.

Nutrition (per serving): 295 calories

Serves 2

Will Freeze, but subdivide onto meal sized portions before doing so.

Harry Demidavicius
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message
> "Motzarella" > wrote:
>
>>It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
>>passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
>>illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>>
>>A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the
>>Northwest,
>>Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
>>drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
>>(Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
>>home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
>>in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>>
>>Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and
>>Sam
>>for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of
>>cooking,
>>wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
>>time and life with Harry and Sam.
>>
>>Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
>>Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>>
>>Alan & Kaari

> I'm so sorry to hear this news.
>
> Perhaps you can obtain a picture for rfc's memoriam.

A good idea. I will check out my pix today. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Cook" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 20:08:31 -0700, "Motzarella" >
> wrote:
>
>>It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
>>passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
>>illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>>
>>A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the
>>Northwest,
>>Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
>>drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
>>(Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
>>home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
>>in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>>
>>Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and
>>Sam
>>for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of
>>cooking,
>>wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
>>time and life with Harry and Sam.
>>
>>Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
>>Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>>
>>Alan & Kaari
>>

> My condolences to his family and friends. I have missed seeing his
> posts. He always had something interesting to say.
>
> I just downloaded his pasta and sauce recipes. Think I will make it
> later this year when I have plenty of fresh veggies. Here is his
> pasta recipe. I downloaded it from Google. His sauce is on the RFC
> web site.
>
> Basic Pasta Recipe
>
> This recipe scales well but start adding a little more flour after
> you double the amount. If making spinach pasta, use a package of
> frozen spinach (300 grams) that has been defrosted & thoroughly
> squeezed dry. Use only one egg as the fluid remaining in the spinach
> makes up the moisture.
>
> 1 cup flour
> 2 eggs
> 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
>
> 1) Place a full cup of flour into food processor. Add eggs and
> salt.
>
> 2) Process until mixture resembles coarse bran. It should cling
> when pinched. Wrap in Saran wrap paper and let it rest for 20 minutes.
>
> 3) Make your favourite pasta using a pasta machine.
>
> Nutrition (per serving): 295 calories
>
> Serves 2
>
> Will Freeze, but subdivide onto meal sized portions before doing so.
>
> Harry Demidavicius
> --
> Susan N.
>
> "Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral,
> 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."
> Vittorio De Sica, Italian movie director (1901-1974)

Speaking of food, if it didn't come off his beloved K's, he would get it
from an Italian restaurant. I think tonight I will have another "jar"(his
term) of red.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I've lost my primary computer and am scrambling to stay in touch on
rfc. This is a temp punch thru. (sorry Om).

I'm so sad to hear this. My deepest condolences to Harry's family and
I'm sure he will take a honored place on rfc's In Memorian website as a beloved
regular.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Motzarella" > wrote in message
> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
> A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the
> Northwest,
> Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
> drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
> (Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
> home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
> in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
> Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and
> Sam
> for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of
> cooking,
> wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
> time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
> Alan & Kaari

Thank you for the information -I know it is never any consolation but the
long inevitable ordeal is now over and Harry, I am certain is in a much
better place.

Please convey my/our condolences to Sam & Family

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
>passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
>illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.

<snip>

Thanks to Barb Schaller, I emailed Sam this morning. Harry was a kind
and caring man. At some point years ago, we found out during some
email exchanges that we both played golf, which added more chatter to
our occasional email exchanges. At one point, I was planning a road
trip to Alaska and had hoped to drive through Harry's neck of the
Canadian woods to actually meet him. My plans fell through and my
disappointment at a missed opportunity is and was sharp. As I wrote
to Sam, the world has lost a fine man.

Pax, Harry.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,

To reply, remove "spambot" and replace it with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Motzarella" > wrote:

> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
> A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the Northwest,
> Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
> drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
> (Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
> home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
> in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
> Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and Sam
> for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of cooking,
> wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
> time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
> Alan & Kaari

What a loss. Barb was the one who told me that he was ill. Julian (the
SO) and I will drink to his passing tonight. May Sam and their daughter
be comforted by good memories.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Motzarella wrote:
> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.

He was my friend, his illness has been long and arduous for both Sam and
Harry. But he's gone to a place with no beets and no kimchee. I'll miss
him. He was one of the good guys.

Orpheus99

"A painter paints pictures on canvas. Musicians paint their pictures on
silence." ~Leopold Stokowski

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Motzarella" > wrote in -
september.org:

>> Perhaps you can obtain a picture for rfc's memoriam.

> A good idea. I will check out my pix today. Thanks.

Here is one that was posted to abf...... it also has Kili in the background.

http://i40.tinypic.com/mrxmcn.jpg

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PLucas@home wrote:
> "Motzarella" > wrote in
> - september.org:
>

>>> Perhaps you can obtain a picture for rfc's memoriam.

>> A good idea. I will check out my pix today. Thanks.
>>

> Here is one that was posted to abf...... it also has Kili in the
> background.
>

> http://i40.tinypic.com/mrxmcn.jpg

That was taken at the opening of my bbq joint. Lots of AFB folks there.

--
Dave

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
>passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
>illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
>A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the Northwest,
>Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
>drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
>(Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
>home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
>in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
>Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and Sam
>for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of cooking,
>wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
>time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
>Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
>Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
>Alan & Kaari

Rest in peace Harry, you have been missed.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 03/28/10
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alan & Kaari wrote:

> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
> A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the
> Northwest, Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not
> mention drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his
> life, Sam (Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his
> adopted home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the
> Olympic gold in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
> Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and
> Sam for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of
> cooking, wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than
> sharing time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.

I'm very sad to hear this. Harry was one of the people who made RFC so
special. Thanks for the information, and I offer my condolences to his close
friends and family.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"Motzarella" > wrote in message
> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
> A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the
> Northwest,
> Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
> drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
> (Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
> home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
> in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
> Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and
> Sam
> for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of
> cooking,
> wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
> time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
> Alan & Kaari

I had a life long affection for cooking. As a child I would watch grownups
preparing foods. I enjoyed the magic of the 'chemistry' of cooking, the
techniques used in cooking, the gadgets, the aroma's and sometimes the
laughter when there was a family group involved.

In elementary school I was cooking, scrambled eggs with cheese melted in,
fried potatoes with slices of onions, grilled cheese sandwiches, boiled
eggs, sloppy joes made with the help of Campbell's onion soup. In my jr High
school days I learned to grill chicken, hot dogs, hamburghers and make trash
can boiled dinner, tostada's, chili, fried chicken, racoon and rabbit, and
meat loaf.

I thought I knew about barbecue but one of the gentlemen I met on old
'Special Interests Groups', Alt.Food.Barbecue was Harry. I gained quite abit
of knowledge about bbq that I'd never imagined exisited. Until one day years
later I had to go back and praise Harry and a handful of q'rs on how they
had contributed to my life and knowledge in the realm of bbq.

For one last time, thank you Harry for all you gave and taught me, you were
a shiny spot in a dim world!

Michael Willsey (piedmont)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Motzarella" > wrote in -
september.org:

> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.

Oddly enough, I was thinking about him this weekend, wondering how he was
doing. We had our disagreements, but there were fundamental things we
agreed on. Requiescat in pace.

--

"When a government starts to cancel dissent or avoid dissent
is frankly when it's rapidly losing its moral authority to

Stephen Harper, 18 April 2005
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

<<S>> Harry.

Lew
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Motzarella wrote:

> "brooklyn1" > wrote in message
>> "Motzarella" > wrote:
>>
>>>It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
>>>passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
>>>illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.

>> I'm so sorry to hear this news.
>>
>> Perhaps you can obtain a picture for rfc's memoriam.

> A good idea. I will check out my pix today. Thanks.

I too, am very sad to hear of Harry's passing. May he RIP. Please pass
on my condolences to his family.

Thank you for the photo's (and the tribute) Alan - I have added them to
the "In Memoriam" section on the site.
--

Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Motzarella" > wrote:

> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
> A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the Northwest,
> Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
> drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
> (Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
> home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
> in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
> Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and Sam
> for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of cooking,
> wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
> time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.

Thank you for passing on the news, and I'm sorry for your loss. I'll
raise a glass to Harry tomorrow night.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Obituary for Harry A. Demidavicius Motzarella[_2_] General Cooking 0 10-04-2010 07:34 PM
Harry Demidavicius Motzarella[_2_] General Cooking 5 06-04-2010 12:45 AM
Harry Demidavicius piedmont Barbecue 1 05-04-2010 04:56 PM
PING: Harry Demidavicius Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 0 14-03-2005 03:52 AM