Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default Harry Demidavicius

"Motzarella" > wrote in message
> It is with a deep sadness and a heavy heart that I have to report the
> passing today of our close friend Harry. After a long and progressive
> illness, Harry passed away today in Nanaimo, BC.
>
> A long and active participant on RFC and cook-ins throughout the
> Northwest,
> Harry had a deep and abiding love for people and cooking, not mention
> drinking and making wine. But mostly, his long time love of his life, Sam
> (Samantha) made him smile each and every day. And of course, his adopted
> home of Canada gave him an immense pride and joy. I think the Olympic gold
> in hockey in Vancouver sent him on with a huge smile.
>
> Kaari and I have had the great fortune to be a close friend of Harry and
> Sam
> for many years, both in Calgary and in Nanaimo. We shared a love of
> cooking,
> wine, travel and people. We have no greater memories in life than sharing
> time and life with Harry and Sam.
>
> Tonight, I will open a bottle of red, and toast him long into the night.
> Harry, we will miss you more than my words can express.
>
> Alan & Kaari

I had a life long affection for cooking. As a child I would watch grownups
preparing foods. I enjoyed the magic of the 'chemistry' of cooking, the
techniques used in cooking, the gadgets, the aroma's and sometimes the
laughter when there was a family group involved.

In elementary school I was cooking, scrambled eggs with cheese melted in,
fried potatoes with slices of onions, grilled cheese sandwiches, boiled
eggs, sloppy joes made with the help of Campbell's onion soup. In my jr High
school days I learned to grill chicken, hot dogs, hamburghers and make trash
can boiled dinner, tostada's, chili, fried chicken, racoon and rabbit, and
meat loaf.

I thought I knew about barbecue but one of the gentlemen I met on old
'Special Interests Groups', Alt.Food.Barbecue was Harry. I gained quite abit
of knowledge about bbq that I'd never imagined exisited. Until one day years
later I had to go back and praise Harry and a handful of q'rs on how they
had contributed to my life and knowledge in the realm of bbq.

For one last time, thank you Harry for all you gave and taught me, you were
a shiny spot in a dim world!

Michael Willsey (piedmont)

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

<<S>> Harry.