Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sites to display my food

On Mar 20, 11:38*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:

> My reply to sheldon about the ugly cat(s) brought on negative
> human who would say what's in the links above is ugly no matter if
> they're fat or not. *I should have left out sheryl's big face and
> chin(s) but I didn't and here we are. *
>
> Lou * *

Again, the cat was dying. Why make fun of a poor, sick, dying animal?
She was beautiful when she was healthy and I loved her until her last
breath. And 18 months later, still do. So leave her alone. She did
nothing to you.

And frankly, neither did I, whoever you are. So what, I made a mistake
and posted a private email to a public forum 10 years ago. I didn't
want to be that woman's friend. So what? It's got nothing to do with
you. Or Greg for that matter. Wanna talk about UGLY? Ugly is
reposting bullshit that occurred 10 years ago. I never intended for
that woman to see that correspondence. It was a mistake. And I
apologized. But what you two engage in against me is truly UGLY
because you are doing it with the express intention of hurting me. You
two sit there and search Google looking for posts that I made 10-12
years ago. I haven't posted to this ng in at least 4 years. But one of
you is still trashing me every couple of months. You're both mentally
ill.
Why do I have the urge to call you Curt?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve B wrote:

> No, you may not ask. You are a nosy little snot. You may leave now.
>
> Steve

<snort>

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lou Decruss wrote:

> Greg's target list is/was very small.

<snipped for space>

> Greg has mentioned the infamous letter sheryl posted and a few here
> were curious about it. He said he'd find it again but I don't think
> he ever posted it. In 1996 Margaret Suran made an innocent mistake
> and posted an email here. Greg mentioned sheryl's blunder in the
> thread.

Yet another reason to keep one's email client and newsreader as two
separate entities...

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> Lou Decruss wrote:
> >
> > Greg's target list is/was very small.

> <snipped for space>
> >
> > Greg has mentioned the infamous letter sheryl posted and a few here
> > were curious about it. He said he'd find it again but I don't think
> > he ever posted it. In 1996 Margaret Suran made an innocent mistake
> > and posted an email here. Greg mentioned sheryl's blunder in the
> > thread.

> Yet another reason to keep one's email client and newsreader as two
> separate entities...

My mailers are dedicated. They do not even have usenet browsers...
altho' I can supposedly e-mail from MT. I just don't have it configured
to do so so it won't work.
--
Peace! Om

"Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck." --Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 00:34:39 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> sf wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:44:26 +0200, ChattyCathy
>> > wrote:

>>> I was always under the impression that the nickname you use i.e. 'sf'
>>> was an acronym for San Francisco. However, reading your above comment
>>> (and others in this thread) leads me to the conclusion that 'stupid
>>> fool' is somewhat more appropriate.

>> You can't deny that you spend far more time reading facebook than a
>> normal person does,

> <snork>
>
> What I *have* done is a fair amount of research about FB; if you don't
> know what 'research' means, GIYF.
>
>> so now you're resorting to name calling.
>>
>> How adult.
>>

> Hmmm, name calling... What was it you said in another post
> in this very thread? Ah yes, this was it:
>
> ... and you had "a good laugh" with that *itch...
>
> [referring to Damsel]
>
> How very adult of you, indeed.

we're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:45:53 -0600, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:23:15 -0600, Omelet wrote:

>>> I have IE installed. Guess I could just start it up and try that on
>>> stuff that otherwise does not work. I also have Safari, Mozilla and
>>> Nyetscape.

>> if you're using firefox 3.6 (which i think is the latest), you can install
>> this add-on:
>>
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10909>
>>
>> which, with a right-click and one additional click, will display the page
>> you're on in i.e. that might be easier that launching i.e. and (i'm
>> guessing) pasting the u.r.l. into it.
>>
>> if you're on a previous version of firefox, there is i.e. tab:
>>
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419>
>>
>> ...which does much the same thing.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> Thanks. I'm running one of the 2.0 versions. The most current firefox is
> not compatible with my current OS-X 10.2.8 and I refuse to upgrade.
> I'll lose too much software that I use on a regular basis, including
> powerpoint and anything that runs off of the 9.0 emulator. The newer
> versions of OS-X do not have the 9.0 emulator installed. :-(
>
> I'm considering just getting a windoze laptop when I feel I can afford
> it. I learned how to run Windows machines at work.

actually, i think the i.e. tab doodad works better than the coral i.e. tab.

i like firefox, but sometimes pages don't display properly. it's my
understanding that those pages aren't written to HTML code standards, but
something a little sloppier that i.e. is happy with.

the i.e. tab is nice to have when you encounter them.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:54:22 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 14:33:28 -0400, blake murphy
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:23:15 -0600, Omelet wrote:

>>> I have IE installed. Guess I could just start it up and try that on
>>> stuff that otherwise does not work. I also have Safari, Mozilla and
>>> Nyetscape.

>> if you're using firefox 3.6 (which i think is the latest), you can install
>> this add-on:
>>
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10909>
>>
>> which, with a right-click and one additional click, will display the page
>> you're on in i.e. that might be easier that launching i.e. and (i'm
>> guessing) pasting the u.r.l. into it.
>>
>> if you're on a previous version of firefox, there is i.e. tab:
>>
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419>
>>
>> ...which does much the same thing.
>>

> HA! I wondered how I ended up with two things that essentially do the
> same thing. I use IE tab most of the time and when that doesn't work
> I use the other one, so I rarely have to fire up IE anymore.

i have what is no doubt an irrational dislike for i.e.

wait, maybe not so irrational.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 20:44:43 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> Ophelia wrote:
>

>> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
>>> Well, can't say that I've noticed any other poster(s) with Greg's
>>> style; <shrug> maybe I'm just a bit slow on the uptake.
>>>
>>> Anyway, regardless of how much crap Greg has caused here, I still
>>> don't wish him any harm in Real Life. Same goes for a few other
>>> posters that get on my last nerve...

>> He treated me with respect... <shrug>
>>

> Indeed. From what I've seen here, Greg only takes the **** out of
> certain posters whom he personally dislikes. Aren't we all guilty of
> the same thing to a lesser or greater degree?

but, but, but...he likes some people i dislike! off with his ****ing
head!!!

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:11:36 -0700, sf wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 20:44:43 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > wrote:
>
>> Indeed. From what I've seen here, Greg only takes the **** out of
>> certain posters whom he personally dislikes. Aren't we all guilty of
>> the same thing to a lesser or greater degree?

> He didn't have to do that by morphing. Instead he inflicted himself
> on everyone else too.

that's what i see as his major sin. he knows many people have him
killfiled, so he changes his address. the fact that he usually signs as
himself (after a post that would have been killed) doesn't mitigate that.

being an asshole is one thing; being a stealth asshole is even worse.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 09:10:30 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> Steve B wrote:
>

>> No, you may not ask. You are a nosy little snot. You may leave now.
>>
>> Steve

> <snort>

pretty bold to invite the group's (informal, unpaid) webmaster to leave the
newsgroup.

i see your <snort> and raise it a <guffaw>.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:38:48 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 20:44:43 +0200, ChattyCathy
> > wrote:

>>> He treated me with respect... <shrug>
>>>

>>Indeed. From what I've seen here, Greg only takes the **** out of
>>certain posters whom he personally dislikes. Aren't we all guilty of
>>the same thing to a lesser or greater degree?

> Greg's target list is/was very small. His style isn't uncommon in
> usenet but folks here are MUCH more sensitive it seems. It takes a
> lot for him to turn on a poster from what I've noticed. There was a
> time he was civil to both andy and lucas. He even tried to get along
> with cyberat but eventually gave up. He's missed in the Chi. groups
> and folks are worried about him. Morphing is not his style from what
> I can see because he likes the game too much. And morphing in chi.
> groups isn't needed because it's a free-for-all.
>
> As far as the crap with sheryl rosen, he's stated he got in the middle
> of the nutcase war between sheryl, martha, and jill.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ylxj6uu
>
> He also found the original post with Kathy's response. Unfortunately
> she disappeared soon after sheryl slayed her. His old tinyurl's still
> work.
>
> sheryl said:
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...e546c6f?hl=en&
>
> Kathy replied:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...9b8eec2?hl=en&

yeah, i remember the original exchange. hoo-boy.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:12:44 -0700 (PDT), Catmandy (Sheryl) wrote:

> On Mar 20, 11:38*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>>
>> My reply to sheldon about the ugly cat(s) brought on negative
>> human who would say what's in the links above is ugly no matter if
>> they're fat or not. *I should have left out sheryl's big face and
>> chin(s) but I didn't and here we are. *
>>
>> Lou * *

> Again, the cat was dying. Why make fun of a poor, sick, dying animal?
> She was beautiful when she was healthy and I loved her until her last
> breath. And 18 months later, still do. So leave her alone. She did
> nothing to you.

um, sheryl, he was not making fun of the cat.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> we're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Ooh! Sig Material! Can I? Can I please Blake? :-)
--
Peace! Om

"Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck." --Dalai Lama
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 00:34:39 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> > How very adult of you, indeed.

> we're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't.

Speaking just for myself, I've sent off a few posts that I regretted.
Once in a while, I've written a post, and then not sent it, but saved it
until the next day. Sometimes I sent it then, sometimes I just deleted
it.

In other words, I try to act like an adult, but sometimes I fail.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Omelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> ChattyCathy > wrote:
>
> > Lou Decruss wrote:
> > >
> > > Greg's target list is/was very small.

> > <snipped for space>
> > >
> > > Greg has mentioned the infamous letter sheryl posted and a few here
> > > were curious about it. He said he'd find it again but I don't think
> > > he ever posted it. In 1996 Margaret Suran made an innocent mistake
> > > and posted an email here. Greg mentioned sheryl's blunder in the
> > > thread.

> > Yet another reason to keep one's email client and newsreader as two
> > separate entities...

> My mailers are dedicated. They do not even have usenet browsers...
> altho' I can supposedly e-mail from MT. I just don't have it configured
> to do so so it won't work.

I use MT Newswatcher also. Mine is configured to send mail, and I have
done that. I don't have it set to send a copy to me, though. So I
remember mailing somebody, but can't find a record of it in my Email.
Of course, if I *did* send a copy to myself, it would be in my
*incoming* mail, and I would we looking in my *outgoing* mail.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:17:35 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:11:36 -0700, sf wrote:
>

> > He didn't have to do that by morphing. Instead he inflicted himself
> > on everyone else too.

> that's what i see as his major sin. he knows many people have him
> killfiled, so he changes his address. the fact that he usually signs as
> himself (after a post that would have been killed) doesn't mitigate that.

Exactly, but it wasn't just a change of address... he was spoofing
(pretending to be) other regulars.

> being an asshole is one thing; being a stealth asshole is even worse.

"stealth" --> LOL!

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:10:55 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

> i have what is no doubt an irrational dislike for i.e.

I don't trust it either.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> yeah, i remember the original exchange. hoo-boy.

I forgot. The older I get, the better I get...at forgetting!

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 00:34:39 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

>> > How very adult of you, indeed.

>> we're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't.

> Speaking just for myself, I've sent off a few posts that I regretted.
> Once in a while, I've written a post, and then not sent it, but saved it
> until the next day. Sometimes I sent it then, sometimes I just deleted
> it.
>
> In other words, I try to act like an adult, but sometimes I fail.
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

It has been standard practice in the German military that one cannot file a
complaint against a subordinate or superior officer until 72 hours has
elapsed. It is surprising how many complaints evaporate in 72 hours.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 13:01:02 -0600, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> we're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> Ooh! Sig Material! Can I? Can I please Blake? :-)

any old time, toots. my copyright lawyer is worse than useless anyway.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:18:40 -0700, Dan Abel wrote:

> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 00:34:39 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

>>> How very adult of you, indeed.

>> we're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't.

> Speaking just for myself, I've sent off a few posts that I regretted.
> Once in a while, I've written a post, and then not sent it, but saved it
> until the next day. Sometimes I sent it then, sometimes I just deleted
> it.
>
> In other words, I try to act like an adult, but sometimes I fail.

i've regretted a few (very few) posts. i think it helps if your basic
instincts are those of an adult.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 13:01:02 -0600, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > blake murphy > wrote:
> >
> >> we're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't.
> >>
> >> your pal,
> >> blake

> > Ooh! Sig Material! Can I? Can I please Blake? :-)

> any old time, toots. my copyright lawyer is worse than useless anyway.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Thanks!!! :-)

That one ought to last me awhile..... <g>
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:18:40 -0700, Dan Abel wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > blake murphy > wrote:

> >> we're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't.

> > Speaking just for myself, I've sent off a few posts that I regretted.
> > Once in a while, I've written a post, and then not sent it, but saved it
> > until the next day. Sometimes I sent it then, sometimes I just deleted
> > it.
> >
> > In other words, I try to act like an adult, but sometimes I fail.

> i've regretted a few (very few) posts. i think it helps if your basic
> instincts are those of an adult.
>
> your pal,
> blake

But sometimes temptation is just too great. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:36:06 -0600, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:18:40 -0700, Dan Abel wrote:

>>> Speaking just for myself, I've sent off a few posts that I regretted.
>>> Once in a while, I've written a post, and then not sent it, but saved it
>>> until the next day. Sometimes I sent it then, sometimes I just deleted
>>> it.
>>>
>>> In other words, I try to act like an adult, but sometimes I fail.

>> i've regretted a few (very few) posts. i think it helps if your basic
>> instincts are those of an adult.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> But sometimes temptation is just too great. <g>

adults get to **** up *once in a while*.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> But sometimes temptation is just too great. <g>

Opportunity knocks once.
Temptation leans on the door bell.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:36:06 -0600, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > blake murphy > wrote:

> >> i've regretted a few (very few) posts. i think it helps if your basic
> >> instincts are those of an adult.
> >>
> >> your pal,
> >> blake

> > But sometimes temptation is just too great. <g>

> adults get to **** up *once in a while*.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Absolutely!
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
Dave Smith > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>

> > But sometimes temptation is just too great. <g>

> Opportunity knocks once.
> Temptation leans on the door bell.

Nice quote, and too true!