Old 19-02-2010, 09:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

Default Best bottled water?

Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my tap
water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Old 19-02-2010, 09:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

"PL1." wrote in message
Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my tap
water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

You do not have to add anything to your tap water to reduce the taste of
chlorine, just let the water stand for a while and the chlorine will
disperse.

Alan

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Old 19-02-2010, 09:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

"PL1." wrote in message
Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my tap
water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

What about a filter jug?

Old 19-02-2010, 10:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

"PL1." wrote in message
Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my tap
water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Boil and decant, or get a filter system. Bottled water is a friggin ripoff.
Tom

Old 20-02-2010, 12:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food
Banned

On Feb 19, 1:27*pm, "PL1." wrote:
Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my tap
water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Please do yourself a favor and get either a "brita" type pitcher of
faucet attachment or go whole hog and get
an undercounter filter with a little tap. (that's what I did) You
can get an under counter apparatus at any good
hardware store that has plumbing stuff. It's a one time expense and
then all you have to do is change the filter
once or twice a year depending on how much water you use for making
coffee or tea or cooking or drinking. I don't use the
filtered water for anything except what is going directly in the
mouth. Those filters last a long time.

Please don't buy bottled water. It's a huge waste of money and
resources and the plastic bottles just clog up
landfills forever.

Old 20-02-2010, 12:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

PL1. wrote:
Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my tap
water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

The cost of a reverse osmosis system will be paid back by the savings on
bottled water.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old 20-02-2010, 01:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

In article
,
ImStillMags wrote:

On Feb 19, 1:27*pm, "PL1." wrote:
[...]

I agree. Bottled water is a huge waste of money and horribly damaging to
the environment. My tap water is very hard (lots of minerals and also
chlorine). My Brita water pitcher style filter does a great job of
getting out the unwanted stuff and its a hell of a lot cheaper and more
convenient than bottled water, not to mention far more environmentally
friendly.
Old 20-02-2010, 01:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

"PL1." wrote in message
Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my tap
water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

You do not have to add anything to your tap water to reduce the taste of
chlorine, just let the water stand for a while and the chlorine will
disperse.

Alan

That wasn't teh question he asked. Not even close.

Old 20-02-2010, 01:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

"Harold Hill" wrote in message

"PL1." wrote in message
Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my tap
water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

What about a filter jug?

Filter jug's reccomend brand's of bottled water? that's what he asked
about!

Old 20-02-2010, 04:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"PL1." wrote in message
Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my tap
water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Save money and effort of hauling water. Get a filter for taste and odor
(carbon based) and change the cartridge a few times a year. Cheaper,
easier, never runs out because you forget.

Old 20-02-2010, 04:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

"Jerry Sauk" wrote in message
What about a filter jug?

Filter jug's reccomend brand's of bottled water? that's what he asked
about!

Sometimes people are unaware of alternatives and they can appreciate the
idea. In this case, it is a very good idea.

Old 20-02-2010, 05:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

"PL1." wrote in message
Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my
tap water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

What about a filter jug?

Filter jug's reccomend brand's of bottled water? that's what he asked
about!

\
Well then why don't YOU offer a brand instead of complaining about everyone
else's answers?

I agree: buy a Brita filter jug or faucet attachment.

Then you can fill your own bottle when you go out, and avoid the negative
environmental effects of overusing bottled water.

Old 20-02-2010, 06:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

"PL1." wrote in message

Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my
tap water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

What about a filter jug?

Filter jug's reccomend brand's of bottled water? that's what he asked
about!

\
Well then why don't YOU offer a brand instead of complaining about

everyone
else's answers?

I agree: buy a Brita filter jug or faucet attachment.

Then you can fill your own bottle when you go out, and avoid the negative
environmental effects of overusing bottled water.

Becouse I don't DRINK water. There's no point in taking water out when
every fast-food restourant in the country sells soda.

Old 20-02-2010, 06:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

Janet said:

What about a filter jug?

Filter jug's reccomend brand's of bottled water? that's what he
asked about!

\
Well then why don't YOU offer a brand instead of complaining about
everyone else's answers?

I agree: buy a Brita filter jug or faucet attachment.

Then you can fill your own bottle when you go out, and avoid the
negative environmental effects of overusing bottled water.

What are you wearing?
Old 20-02-2010, 12:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.food.fast-food

In article
,
"PL1." wrote:

Wanting to add good, clean bottled distilled or spring water to my tap
water to reduce the horrible taste of chlorine and reduce the
antidepressant effects of the fluoride they put in our water here.
What brands of bottled water would you recommend (if any)? prefer to
buy in bulk size if possible. Appreciate any helpful responses!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Get a Britta. Commercial bottled water is a joke for numerous reasons.
A good home filtration system would be the most economical in the long
run.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein