Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Monica Pignotti: WHY SHE WAS FIRED FROM FSU!!

On 2/13/2010 20:13, Nomen Nescio wrote:
> There are many reasons why Monica Pignotti was FIRED FROM FSU.. Generally she is just unfit to teach.
>
> But, here are some particulars if you want the naked truth:
>
> * Student complaints: they found her to be domineering and unfocused.
>
> * She spent too much time, overall, talking about her experiences as a cult member, in both Scientology and Thought Field Therapy.
>
> * There were concerns about her advocacy group -a clear target for defamation lawsuits and based on dubious anecdotal accounts of abuse. Some of the respected therapists criticized by this group complained to the Dean, who took their complaints seriously.
>
> * Insulting remarks made about former fellow faculty members. She told one to tone down her slutty appearance and said another looked like a bag lady.
>
> * Bizarre outbursts. On one occasion, she called for the removal of the Internet from FSU. In another, she recited a parody which involved a dark and disturbing account of punishing a doll of a clergyman, and, finally, she denigrated the School of Education.

Wow. Academic freedom doesn't mean anything anymore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Pennyaline > wrote:

> On 2/13/2010 20:13, Nomen Nescio wrote:

> > There are many reasons why Monica Pignotti was FIRED FROM FSU.. Generally
> > she is just unfit to teach.

> Wow. Academic freedom doesn't mean anything anymore.

Who says?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomen_nescio

"Nomen nescio, abbreviated to N.N., is used to signify an anonymous or
non-specific person. From Latin nomen, name, and nescire, not to know,
be ignorant of. Together, I do not know the name."

When you see "Nomen Nescio" as the author on the internet, that means
they are using an anonymous remailer to post with, as they don't want
anybody to know who they are.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/02/2010 3:48 PM, Pennyaline wrote:
> On 2/13/2010 20:13, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>> There are many reasons why Monica Pignotti was FIRED FROM FSU..
>> Generally she is just unfit to teach.
>>
>> But, here are some particulars if you want the naked truth:
>>
>> * Student complaints: they found her to be domineering and unfocused.
>>
>> * She spent too much time, overall, talking about her experiences as a
>> cult member, in both Scientology and Thought Field Therapy.
>>
>> * There were concerns about her advocacy group -a clear target for
>> defamation lawsuits and based on dubious anecdotal accounts of abuse.
>> Some of the respected therapists criticized by this group complained
>> to the Dean, who took their complaints seriously.
>>
>> * Insulting remarks made about former fellow faculty members. She told
>> one to tone down her slutty appearance and said another looked like a
>> bag lady.
>>
>> * Bizarre outbursts. On one occasion, she called for the removal of
>> the Internet from FSU. In another, she recited a parody which involved
>> a dark and disturbing account of punishing a doll of a clergyman, and,
>> finally, she denigrated the School of Education.

> Wow. Academic freedom doesn't mean anything anymore.

Anything written by Nomen Nescio has to be treated with suspicion and
wholehearted derision.

Nuff said.

Krypsis

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/02/2010 4:59 PM, Dan Abel wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2/13/2010 20:13, Nomen Nescio wrote:

>>> There are many reasons why Monica Pignotti was FIRED FROM FSU.. Generally
>>> she is just unfit to teach.

>> Wow. Academic freedom doesn't mean anything anymore.

> Who says?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomen_nescio
>
> "Nomen nescio, abbreviated to N.N., is used to signify an anonymous or
> non-specific person. From Latin nomen, name, and nescire, not to know,
> be ignorant of. Together, I do not know the name."
>
> When you see "Nomen Nescio" as the author on the internet, that means
> they are using an anonymous remailer to post with, as they don't want
> anybody to know who they are.

Exactly! If they don't stand behind their words, then their words are
highly suspect.

Krypsis

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2010 22:59, Dan Abel wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2/13/2010 20:13, Nomen Nescio wrote:

>>> There are many reasons why Monica Pignotti was FIRED FROM FSU.. Generally
>>> she is just unfit to teach.

>> Wow. Academic freedom doesn't mean anything anymore.

> Who says?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomen_nescio
>
> "Nomen nescio, abbreviated to N.N., is used to signify an anonymous or
> non-specific person. From Latin nomen, name, and nescire, not to know,
> be ignorant of. Together, I do not know the name."
>
> When you see "Nomen Nescio" as the author on the internet, that means
> they are using an anonymous remailer to post with, as they don't want
> anybody to know who they are.

But... but... but I... <arg!>

Will I ever learn to not make a joke in this group?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Krypsis wrote:

>>> Wow. Academic freedom doesn't mean anything anymore.

>> Who says?
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomen_nescio

> Exactly! If they don't stand behind their words, then their words

are
> highly suspect.

Or just plain nonsense
--
Vilco
Don't think pink: drink rosé

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 00:05:39 +1100, Krypsis wrote:

> On 14/02/2010 4:59 PM, Dan Abel wrote:
>> In >,
>> > wrote:

>>> Wow. Academic freedom doesn't mean anything anymore.

>> Who says?
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomen_nescio
>>
>> "Nomen nescio, abbreviated to N.N., is used to signify an anonymous or
>> non-specific person. From Latin nomen, name, and nescire, not to know,
>> be ignorant of. Together, I do not know the name."
>>
>> When you see "Nomen Nescio" as the author on the internet, that means
>> they are using an anonymous remailer to post with, as they don't want
>> anybody to know who they are.
>>

> Exactly! If they don't stand behind their words, then their words are
> highly suspect.
>
> Krypsis

um, is krypsis your real name?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Pennyaline > wrote:

> On 2/13/2010 22:59, Dan Abel wrote:
> > In >,
> > > wrote:

> >> Wow. Academic freedom doesn't mean anything anymore.

> > Who says?
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomen_nescio
> >
> > "Nomen nescio, abbreviated to N.N., is used to signify an anonymous or
> > non-specific person. From Latin nomen, name, and nescire, not to know,
> > be ignorant of. Together, I do not know the name."
> >
> > When you see "Nomen Nescio" as the author on the internet, that means
> > they are using an anonymous remailer to post with, as they don't want
> > anybody to know who they are.

> But... but... but I... <arg!>
>
> Will I ever learn to not make a joke in this group?

Or you'll learn, the hard way, like I did, that you have to say that
it's a joke. I worked at a University for 25 years. Although I was on
the staff, I did interact with the faculty some, and I taught a few
classes. There were basically two types of faculty, permanent and
temporary. The permanent could not be fired, although the President
laid off 24 tenured faculty one year, and since it was obvious to
*everyone* that he got rid of the ones he didn't like, we got censured
by a national faculty organization, and the local court become a
revolving door for those faculty (after the first couple, the judge
didn't want to hear the cases, just ordered that they be rehired, with
full back pay). Temporary faculty could, and were, let go at the end of
their contract (maximum one year, often one semester). We had one
"temporary" faculty member who had been there 20 years. He had a Phd in
the field, and was published. But the other faculty in that department
didn't think he was tenure-track material, so he was never offered a job
leading to a permanent position.

So, to make a short story long, a professor with tenure has lots of
academic freedom. A tenure track professor who hasn't gotten tenure yet
better watch everything they say or do, or there's up to 18 years of
work down the drain for one little thing (4 years as an undergraduate,
up to 7 years to get a Phd and up to 7 years to get tenure). And I
don't think they get another chance elsewhere, depending on the
circumstances. A "temporary" faculty member doesn't have much to lose,
but still, if they **** enough people off, they won't get renewed and
word can spread that they are a troublemaker, so they'll have trouble
getting other jobs nearby.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/02/2010 4:25 AM, blake murphy wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 00:05:39 +1100, Krypsis wrote:
>
>> On 14/02/2010 4:59 PM, Dan Abel wrote:
>>> In >,

>>> Who says?
>>>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomen_nescio
>>>
>>> "Nomen nescio, abbreviated to N.N., is used to signify an anonymous or
>>> non-specific person. From Latin nomen, name, and nescire, not to know,
>>> be ignorant of. Together, I do not know the name."
>>>
>>> When you see "Nomen Nescio" as the author on the internet, that means
>>> they are using an anonymous remailer to post with, as they don't want
>>> anybody to know who they are.
>>>

>> Exactly! If they don't stand behind their words, then their words are
>> highly suspect.
>>
>> Krypsis

> um, is krypsis your real name?
>
> your pal,
> blake

Why yes, how did you guess?

Krypsis

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 14, 12:55*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article >,
>

> *Pennyaline > wrote:
> > On 2/13/2010 22:59, Dan Abel wrote:

> > > Who says?

> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomen_nescio

> > > "Nomen nescio, abbreviated to N.N., is used to signify an anonymous or
> > > non-specific person. From Latin nomen, name, and nescire, not to know,
> > > be ignorant of. Together, I do not know the name."

> > > When you see "Nomen Nescio" as the author on the internet, that means
> > > they are using an anonymous remailer to post with, as they don't want
> > > anybody to know who they are.

> > But... but... but I... <arg!>

> > Will I ever learn to not make a joke in this group?

> Or you'll learn, the hard way, like I did, that you have to say that
> it's a joke. *I worked at a University for 25 years. *Although I was on
> the staff, I did interact with the faculty some, and I taught a few
> classes. *There were basically two types of faculty, permanent and
> temporary. *The permanent could not be fired, although the President
> laid off 24 tenured faculty one year, and since it was obvious to
> *everyone* that he got rid of the ones he didn't like, we got censured
> by a national faculty organization, and the local court become a
> revolving door for those faculty (after the first couple, the judge
> didn't want to hear the cases, just ordered that they be rehired, with
> full back pay). *Temporary faculty could, and were, let go at the end of
> their contract (maximum one year, often one semester). *We had one
> "temporary" faculty member who had been there 20 years. *He had a Phd in
> the field, and was published. *But the other faculty in that department
> didn't think he was tenure-track material, so he was never offered a job
> leading to a permanent position. *
>
> So, to make a short story long, a professor with tenure has lots of
> academic freedom. *A tenure track professor who hasn't gotten tenure yet
> better watch everything they say or do, or there's up to 18 years of
> work down the drain for one little thing (4 years as an undergraduate,
> up to 7 years to get a Phd and up to 7 years to get tenure). *And I
> don't think they get another chance elsewhere, depending on the
> circumstances. *A "temporary" faculty member doesn't have much to lose,
> but still, if they **** enough people off, they won't get renewed and
> word can spread that they are a troublemaker, so they'll have trouble
> getting other jobs nearby.
>
> --
> Dan Abel
> Petaluma, California USA

Yes, Dan, exactly. My situation was that I was a PhD candidate who was
teaching classes as part of my PhD program. I was not "fired" from
FSU.I left on excellent terms with everyone. I graduated from FSU
with my PhD and the particular college I taught in at FSU, the College
of Social Work has a policy against hiring their graduates as faculty
for five years after graduation. That is the reason I left. I left in
good standing, with good teaching evaluations and letters of
reference. The postings you see here by anonymous people who are
posting this libel that I was "fired" accompanied by lies that were
completely manufactured from whole cloth, come from people who have a
vendetta against me because I have published scholarly criticism in
journals of a therapy they promote. My co-authors have been subject to
the same sort of smear campaign. For details:

http://psychjourney_blogs.typepad.com/monica_pignotti_/

Why he chose to post to a group about cooking makes no sense to me,
but then again, none of his postings about me have made any sense.
Maybe because he is cooking up lies? Your guess is as good as mine.

It's true, though, even if I had called for the complete eradication
of the internet, even as a lowly PhD student adjunct, I would not have
been dismissed for that because there is academic freedom, even for
student adjuncts and people have said far more radical things than
that and have not been fired. None of the statements made about me are
true, though and I certainly have never, ever denigrated any other
faculty member. My stalker has a very sick imagination.

Monica

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Krypsis" > wrote in message
u...
> On 14/02/2010 3:48 PM, Pennyaline wrote:
>> On 2/13/2010 20:13, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>>> There are many reasons why Monica Pignotti was FIRED FROM FSU..
>>> Generally she is just unfit to teach.
>>>
>>> But, here are some particulars if you want the naked truth:
>>>
>>> * Student complaints: they found her to be domineering and unfocused.
>>>
>>> * She spent too much time, overall, talking about her experiences as a
>>> cult member, in both Scientology and Thought Field Therapy.
>>>
>>> * There were concerns about her advocacy group -a clear target for
>>> defamation lawsuits and based on dubious anecdotal accounts of abuse.
>>> Some of the respected therapists criticized by this group complained
>>> to the Dean, who took their complaints seriously.
>>>
>>> * Insulting remarks made about former fellow faculty members. She told
>>> one to tone down her slutty appearance and said another looked like a
>>> bag lady.
>>>
>>> * Bizarre outbursts. On one occasion, she called for the removal of
>>> the Internet from FSU. In another, she recited a parody which involved
>>> a dark and disturbing account of punishing a doll of a clergyman, and,
>>> finally, she denigrated the School of Education.

>> Wow. Academic freedom doesn't mean anything anymore.
>>

> Anything written by Nomen Nescio has to be treated with suspicion and
> wholehearted derision.

The opposite is most likely the truth. "Nomen Nescio" , IOW anon posters,
say what others can't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 06:19:08 +1100, Krypsis wrote:

> On 15/02/2010 4:25 AM, blake murphy wrote:

>>> Exactly! If they don't stand behind their words, then their words are
>>> highly suspect.
>>>
>>> Krypsis

>> um, is krypsis your real name?
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> Why yes, how did you guess?
>
> Krypsis

well, i'm a little skeptical. a google of 'krypsis' turns up no pointers
to what looks like somebody's name. no facebook, nothing. mostly it turns
up a term tied to some jesus mumbo-jumbo, and some posts by you
(presumably) elsewhere.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:04:26 -0500, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 06:19:08 +1100, Krypsis wrote:

>>> um, is krypsis your real name?
>>>
>>> your pal,
>>> blake

>> Why yes, how did you guess?
>>
>> Krypsis

>well, i'm a little skeptical. a google of 'krypsis' turns up no pointers
>to what looks like somebody's name. no facebook, nothing. mostly it turns
>up a term tied to some jesus mumbo-jumbo, and some posts by you
>(presumably) elsewhere.
>
>your pal,
>blake

This persons wordage is the same as posts I found on a newsgroup
where they stated that they were 71 yrs.., and from the 10 posts there
were, this person had a nasty mouth.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2010 10:55, Dan Abel wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> Will I ever learn to not make a joke in this group?

> Or you'll learn, the hard way, like I did, that you have to say that
> it's a joke. I worked at a University for 25 years. Although I was on
> the staff, I did interact with the faculty some...

<dissertation snipped>

> And I
> don't think they get another chance elsewhere, depending on the
> circumstances. A "temporary" faculty member doesn't have much to lose,
> but still, if they **** enough people off, they won't get renewed and
> word can spread that they are a troublemaker, so they'll have trouble
> getting other jobs nearby.

<long stunned silence follows, then...>

It was a JOKE, Dan.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 16, 8:04*am, blake murphy > wrote:

> well, i'm a little skeptical. *a google of 'krypsis' turns up no pointers
> to what looks like somebody's name. *no facebook, nothing. *mostly it turns
> up a term tied to some jesus mumbo-jumbo, and some posts by you
> (presumably) elsewhere.
>
> your pal,
> blake-

****** Krypsis or the Krypto Kid as he is known to us as, is a retired
government tea lady who spent 55 years with her snout in the public
trough writing reports so secret even she was'nt allowed to read them.

Frequently pokes her snout into to threads uninvited and whinges and
whines about anything.

Has NOTHING useful to say. Feel free to poke fun at her as we do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I support Monica. If an anonymous person posted fabrications attacking me and my livelihood, I would defend myself as well. Moreover I salute Monica"s courage as a whistleblower, the likely motivation for these unsubstantiated attacks.