Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bugger!! Super Butcher special this weekend.

And we won't be here....... Bugger :-(

"Buy a Whole Black Angus Porterhouse $22.99kg and receive for FREE: 1 kg Lean
Black Angus Mince, 1 Corned Silverside (up to 2 kg), 1 Black Angus Topside
Roast (up to 2 kg) and 1 kg Black Angus Sausages, FREE!
As I said they love their Porterhouse in Victoria but I did not see a Black
Angus Porterhouse for under $35/kg (it was as high as $48/kg.)but then again,
without being disrespectful, a normal Butcher shop does not sell as much as
we do (we go for high volume ,small margin rather than small volume, high
margin). I have bought in a 10,000 kg parcel of Porterhouse because this is
one of the best deals we have ever done. Our everyday low price on our Black
Angus MSA Porterhouse is $22.99/kg (which is already 50% cheaper than most
people). But this week we are also giving away over $50 worth of meat FREE.
The Porterhouse are 6 kg and I have aged them for approximately 10 weeks, so
ask the butcher to slice them for you as they are ready to go."

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Killfile all Google Groups posters.........

http://improve-usenet.org/

http://improve-usenet.org/filters_bg.html
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL1 wrote:

> FREE. The Porterhouse are 6 kg and I have aged them for approximately
> 10 weeks, so ask the butcher to slice them for you as they are ready

10 weeks ageing?!?!?
Looks like a lot of time, I've never heard of meat aged more that 4 weeks,
maybe I'm making confusion between "frollatura" (ita/eng dictionary:
tenderising) and "ageing". How's this ageing done?
--
Vilco
Don't think pink: drink rosè

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ViLco" > wrote in message
> PeterL1 wrote:
>

>> FREE. The Porterhouse are 6 kg and I have aged them for approximately
>> 10 weeks, so ask the butcher to slice them for you as they are ready

> 10 weeks ageing?!?!?
> Looks like a lot of time, I've never heard of meat aged more that 4 weeks,
> maybe I'm making confusion between "frollatura" (ita/eng dictionary:
> tenderising) and "ageing". How's this ageing done?

Vilco... this *is* Lucas posting you know!

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "ViLco" > wrote in message
>> PeterL1 wrote:
>>

>>> FREE. The Porterhouse are 6 kg and I have aged them for approximately
>>> 10 weeks, so ask the butcher to slice them for you as they are ready

>> 10 weeks ageing?!?!?
>> Looks like a lot of time, I've never heard of meat aged more that 4
>> weeks, maybe I'm making confusion between "frollatura" (ita/eng
>> dictionary: tenderising) and "ageing". How's this ageing done?

> Vilco... this *is* Lucas posting you know!

If you check the super site they actually advertise meat aged that long
it does taste good but I wonder if it's worth the price , I doubt you
will though being a sickpuppet or is that sockpuppet ?