rmg

Default a question about modern technology and chicken

I was talking with a friend who mentioned purchasing a whole boneless
roasting chicken at the supermarket. I was fascinated. I usually get free
range chickens from Whole Paycheck, so they're just basic whole chickens. My
friend went on to say supermarkets sell whole boneless turkeys. Apparently
these things are like loafs and the skin isn't included.

Since when, and what are they like?

Curious fowl fans need to know.

cheers

rox

zxcvbob

rmg wrote:
> I was talking with a friend who mentioned purchasing a whole boneless
> roasting chicken at the supermarket. I was fascinated. I usually get free
> range chickens from Whole Paycheck, so they're just basic whole chickens. My
> friend went on to say supermarkets sell whole boneless turkeys. Apparently
> these things are like loafs and the skin isn't included.
>
> Since when, and what are they like?
>
> Curious fowl fans need to know.
>
> cheers
> rox

Mark explained the process pretty well about 10 years ago, and
apparently the process has been scaled up to do turkeys now as well as
chickens:

Hope this helps, :-)
Bob
zxcvbob

rmg wrote:
> I was talking with a friend who mentioned purchasing a whole boneless
> roasting chicken at the supermarket. I was fascinated. I usually get free
> range chickens from Whole Paycheck, so they're just basic whole chickens. My
> friend went on to say supermarkets sell whole boneless turkeys. Apparently
> these things are like loafs and the skin isn't included.
>
> Since when, and what are they like?
>
> Curious fowl fans need to know.
>
> cheers
> rox

Mark explained the process pretty well about 10 years ago, and
apparently the process has been scaled up to do turkeys now as well as
chickens:

Hope this helps, :-)
Bob
Charles Gifford

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> rmg wrote:
> > I was talking with a friend who mentioned purchasing a whole boneless
> > roasting chicken at the supermarket. I was fascinated. I usually get

free
> > range chickens from Whole Paycheck, so they're just basic whole

chickens. My
> > friend went on to say supermarkets sell whole boneless turkeys.

Apparently
> > these things are like loafs and the skin isn't included.
> >
> > Since when, and what are they like?
> >
> > Curious fowl fans need to know.
> >
> > cheers
> > rox
> >

> Mark explained the process pretty well about 10 years ago, and
> apparently the process has been scaled up to do turkeys now as well as
> chickens:
>

> Hope this helps, :-)
> Bob

As always, Mark is the guy to go to with questions! An excellent
explanation!

Charlie

Charles Gifford

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> rmg wrote:
> > I was talking with a friend who mentioned purchasing a whole boneless
> > roasting chicken at the supermarket. I was fascinated. I usually get

free
> > range chickens from Whole Paycheck, so they're just basic whole

chickens. My
> > friend went on to say supermarkets sell whole boneless turkeys.

Apparently
> > these things are like loafs and the skin isn't included.
> >
> > Since when, and what are they like?
> >
> > Curious fowl fans need to know.
> >
> > cheers
> > rox
> >

> Mark explained the process pretty well about 10 years ago, and
> apparently the process has been scaled up to do turkeys now as well as
> chickens:
>

> Hope this helps, :-)
> Bob

As always, Mark is the guy to go to with questions! An excellent
explanation!

Charlie

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:

> rmg wrote:
> > My friend went on to say supermarkets sell whole boneless turkeys.
> > Apparently these things are like loafs and the skin isn't included.

> > Since when, and what are they like?

> Mark explained the process pretty well about 10 years ago, and
> apparently the process has been scaled up to do turkeys now as well as
> chickens:

I didn't realize he's been "like that" for so many years. I wonder if
his mom drank a lot when he was a kid? <g>

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 10-09-04; Sam I Am!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 10-09-04; Sam I Am!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 10-09-04; Sam I Am!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

Mark Thorson

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> I didn't realize he's been "like that" for so many years. I wonder
> if his mom drank a lot when he was a kid? <g>

Hey! I resemble that . . . that . . . whatchamacallit.

Mark Thorson

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> I didn't realize he's been "like that" for so many years. I wonder
> if his mom drank a lot when he was a kid? <g>

Hey! I resemble that . . . that . . . whatchamacallit.

Jean B.

rmg wrote:

> I was talking with a friend who mentioned purchasing a whole boneless
> roasting chicken at the supermarket. I was fascinated. I usually get free
> range chickens from Whole Paycheck, so they're just basic whole chickens. My
> friend went on to say supermarkets sell whole boneless turkeys. Apparently
> these things are like loafs and the skin isn't included.
>
> Since when, and what are they like?
>
> Curious fowl fans need to know.
>
> cheers
>
> rox

Gee, this would make turducken easier, wouldn't it?
--
Jean B.
Jean B.