FoodBanter.com

-   -   a question about modern technology and chicken (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/39056-question-about-modern-technology.html)

rmg 18-10-2004 07:44 AM

a question about modern technology and chicken

I was talking with a friend who mentioned purchasing a whole boneless
roasting chicken at the supermarket. I was fascinated. I usually get free
range chickens from Whole Paycheck, so they're just basic whole chickens. My
friend went on to say supermarkets sell whole boneless turkeys. Apparently
these things are like loafs and the skin isn't included.

Since when, and what are they like?

Curious fowl fans need to know.

cheers

rox

zxcvbob 18-10-2004 03:13 PM

rmg wrote:
> I was talking with a friend who mentioned purchasing a whole boneless
> roasting chicken at the supermarket. I was fascinated. I usually get free
> range chickens from Whole Paycheck, so they're just basic whole chickens. My
> friend went on to say supermarkets sell whole boneless turkeys. Apparently
> these things are like loafs and the skin isn't included.
>
> Since when, and what are they like?
>
> Curious fowl fans need to know.
>
> cheers
> rox

Mark explained the process pretty well about 10 years ago, and
apparently the process has been scaled up to do turkeys now as well as
chickens:

Hope this helps, :-)
Bob

zxcvbob 18-10-2004 03:13 PM

Charles Gifford 18-10-2004 09:11 PM

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> rmg wrote:
> > I was talking with a friend who mentioned purchasing a whole boneless
> > roasting chicken at the supermarket. I was fascinated. I usually get

free
> > range chickens from Whole Paycheck, so they're just basic whole

chickens. My
> > friend went on to say supermarkets sell whole boneless turkeys.

Apparently
> > these things are like loafs and the skin isn't included.
> >
> > Since when, and what are they like?
> >
> > Curious fowl fans need to know.
> >
> > cheers
> > rox
> >

> Mark explained the process pretty well about 10 years ago, and
> apparently the process has been scaled up to do turkeys now as well as
> chickens:
>

> Hope this helps, :-)
> Bob

As always, Mark is the guy to go to with questions! An excellent
explanation!

Charlie

Charles Gifford 18-10-2004 09:11 PM

Melba's Jammin' 19-10-2004 01:56 AM

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:

> rmg wrote:
> > My friend went on to say supermarkets sell whole boneless turkeys.
> > Apparently these things are like loafs and the skin isn't included.

> > Since when, and what are they like?

> Mark explained the process pretty well about 10 years ago, and
> apparently the process has been scaled up to do turkeys now as well as
> chickens:

I didn't realize he's been "like that" for so many years. I wonder if
his mom drank a lot when he was a kid? <g>

--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 10-09-04; Sam I Am!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."

Melba's Jammin' 19-10-2004 01:56 AM

In article >, zxcvbob

Melba's Jammin' 19-10-2004 01:56 AM

In article >, zxcvbob

Mark Thorson 19-10-2004 02:22 AM

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> I didn't realize he's been "like that" for so many years. I wonder
> if his mom drank a lot when he was a kid? <g>

Hey! I resemble that . . . that . . . whatchamacallit.

Mark Thorson 19-10-2004 02:22 AM

Jean B. 19-10-2004 09:00 PM

rmg wrote:

> I was talking with a friend who mentioned purchasing a whole boneless
> roasting chicken at the supermarket. I was fascinated. I usually get free
> range chickens from Whole Paycheck, so they're just basic whole chickens. My
> friend went on to say supermarkets sell whole boneless turkeys. Apparently
> these things are like loafs and the skin isn't included.
>
> Since when, and what are they like?
>
> Curious fowl fans need to know.
>
> cheers
>
> rox

Gee, this would make turducken easier, wouldn't it?
--
Jean B.

Jean B. 19-10-2004 09:00 PM