PENMART01

Default Trick or Treat

Smell my feet...

Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?

How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Goomba38

PENMART01 wrote:

> Smell my feet...
>
> Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?
>
> How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

No wayyyyyyyyyy... if I bought it now you *know*
I'd be eating it ahead of time. Of course it helps
if you buy stuff you don't like, but...what fun is
that?? LOL

zxcvbob

PENMART01 wrote:

> Smell my feet...
>
> Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?
>
> How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

I usually get one huge bag of Starlight mints at Sam's Club. I think
it's about 6 pounds. I give each kid a little handful of mints.
HTH :-)

Cheap *******ly,
Bob
Jessica V.

PENMART01 wrote:
> Smell my feet...
>
> Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?
>
> How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

I'll use Halloween as an excuse to buy a big ole box of Snicker's bars
at Sam's Club. Chances are that I'll have most all of them to myself,
in the 9 years I've lived here my total number of trick or treaters has
been under 15, not so many kiddies in the neighborhood.

Jessica
axlq

In article >,
PENMART01 > wrote:

>Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?
>How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

I know of at least one person who tries instead to scare the kids off,
as well as their parents.

One of the companies I work with makes military camouflage suits.
One suit in particular looks similar to this:

http://striderindustries.com/images/body_veil.jpg

....it covers the full body, sleeves and mittens and hood and all,
and it really makes you look just like a bush when you're crouching.

So he borrows it from work at Halloween, dons it, crouches beside
the front door, and when kids and parents approach, he scares the
crap out of them. Some of them run off.

-A
Gregory Morrow

PENMART01 wrote:

> Smell my feet...
>
> Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?
>
> How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

Each brat that comes to my door gets a pack of Camel straights, a pack of
Trojans, and a pint of Rebel Yell whiskey...

--
Best
Greg

Nexis

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> Smell my feet...
>
> Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?
>
> How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Well I always hated it when I got the cheap little candies...you know the
starlight mints, butterscotch hard candies, that stuff. I usually just buy
what I would have liked, and is on sale. So far I bought Junior mints,
KitKats, a variety mini bag (Snickers, Milky Way, Milky Way Midnight, and 3
Musketeers I think). I haven't gotten the Reese's yet, because if I don't
wait until just before Halloween, my husband and his brother usually will
sneak into them as often as they can get away with!

Halloween has always been a big thing around here. We decorate and make it
fun for the kids, if not a little scary! Also, we live within a couple
blocks of an elementary and a middle school, as well as a college, so we
usually have a pretty good turn out. Believe it or not, we get almost as
many college kids as youngsters!

Nancy Young

"Jessica V." wrote:

> I'll use Halloween as an excuse to buy a big ole box of Snicker's bars
> at Sam's Club. Chances are that I'll have most all of them to myself,
> in the 9 years I've lived here my total number of trick or treaters has
> been under 15, not so many kiddies in the neighborhood.

(laugh) I do the same, the big box of Snickers, they wind up in the
freezer because I can't adapt to the fact that I only get maybe a
dozen trick or treaters. I have a horror of running out of candy.

nancy
Gregory Morrow

Nexis wrote:

> Believe it or not, we get almost as
> many college kids as youngsters!

....*college* kids...???

--
Best
Greg

Dave Smith

Nexis wrote:

> Halloween has always been a big thing around here. We decorate and make it
> fun for the kids, if not a little scary! Also, we live within a couple
> blocks of an elementary and a middle school, as well as a college, so we
> usually have a pretty good turn out. Believe it or not, we get almost as
> many college kids as youngsters!

One of the advantages of living in a rural area between to small towns is that
the greedy little kids go into town where they don't have to travel as far to
fill their loot bags. When my son was small his friends used to come by, but we
haven't had a kid show up here for about 10 years now. I buy two or three full
size chocolate bars just in case they local kids bother to come here.

Puester

"Jessica V." wrote:

> PENMART01 wrote:
> > Smell my feet...
> >
> > Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?
> >
> > How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?
> >

> > ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> > ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> > *********
> > "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> > Sheldon
> > ````````````

> I'll use Halloween as an excuse to buy a big ole box of Snicker's bars
> at Sam's Club. Chances are that I'll have most all of them to myself,
> in the 9 years I've lived here my total number of trick or treaters has
> been under 15, not so many kiddies in the neighborhood.
>
> Jessica

Over the years our numbers have varied from 5 to 200 kids.
(We live in a gated comunity and parents often drive kids
in because it seems safer than other areas.)

A lot depends on the weather and temperature.

Last year we went out to dinner with a friend visiting from
Europe. I left a large wooden salad bowl on the front porch,
full of a variety of small candy bars, with a note saying
"Help yourself". It was still half full when we got home late.

gloria p
Mpoconnor7

I live in an apartment and no kids come by. I can't remember the last time a
kid came to my door on Halloween.

I remember when I was a kid we used to go out for 3 hours, starting as soon as
it started getting dark.

It was 1982 when the practice of kids going to strangers houses for Halloween
effectively ended. About a month before Halloween that year, the Tylenol
poisoning occured, and there were other copycat incidents across the country
and people died from tainted products. Halloween as we knew it was cancelled
that year. At that point, the malls picked up the slack and started handing
out candy to kids because parents were terrified to let their kids go to every
house in the neighborhood to get candy. I'm sure parents will take their kids
to houses where they know the people living there, but never to people they
don't know.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"I actually thought about voting for John Kerry before I decided to vote
against him."
zxcvbob

Mpoconnor7 wrote:

> I live in an apartment and no kids come by. I can't remember the last time a
> kid came to my door on Halloween.
>
> I remember when I was a kid we used to go out for 3 hours, starting as soon as
> it started getting dark.
>
> It was 1982 when the practice of kids going to strangers houses for Halloween
> effectively ended. About a month before Halloween that year, the Tylenol
> poisoning occured, and there were other copycat incidents across the country
> and people died from tainted products. Halloween as we knew it was cancelled
> that year. At that point, the malls picked up the slack and started handing
> out candy to kids because parents were terrified to let their kids go to every
> house in the neighborhood to get candy. I'm sure parents will take their kids
> to houses where they know the people living there, but never to people they
> don't know.
>
> Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man
>
> "I actually thought about voting for John Kerry before I decided to vote
> against him."

1982? Are you sure that wasn't when that guy in Texas was executed for
killing his own son with a Giant Pixie Stick full of cyanide --
allegedly got when the kid was trick r treating?

Bob
Gregory Morrow

zxcvbob wrote:

> Mpoconnor7 wrote:
>
> > I live in an apartment and no kids come by. I can't remember the last

time a
> > kid came to my door on Halloween.
> >
> > I remember when I was a kid we used to go out for 3 hours, starting as

soon as
> > it started getting dark.
> >
> > It was 1982 when the practice of kids going to strangers houses for

Halloween
> > effectively ended. About a month before Halloween that year, the

Tylenol
> > poisoning occured, and there were other copycat incidents across the

country
> > and people died from tainted products. Halloween as we knew it was

cancelled
> > that year. At that point, the malls picked up the slack and started

handing
> > out candy to kids because parents were terrified to let their kids go to

every
> > house in the neighborhood to get candy. I'm sure parents will take

their kids
> > to houses where they know the people living there, but never to people

they
> > don't know.
> >
> > Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man
> >
> > "I actually thought about voting for John Kerry before I decided to vote
> > against him."

> 1982? Are you sure that wasn't when that guy in Texas was executed for
> killing his own son with a Giant Pixie Stick full of cyanide --
> allegedly got when the kid was trick r treating?

That may have played into it, but the Tylenol thing happened here in Chicago
in the fall of 1982 (at the Walgreen's drugstore in Old Town, intersection
of North and Wells). Things got kinda hinky after that for trick or
treating and also people were basically scared to buy stuff in drugstores...

--
Best
Greg

Hahabogus

Nancy Young > wrote in
:

> "Jessica V." wrote:
>
>> I'll use Halloween as an excuse to buy a big ole box of Snicker's bars
>> at Sam's Club. Chances are that I'll have most all of them to myself,
>> in the 9 years I've lived here my total number of trick or treaters has
>> been under 15, not so many kiddies in the neighborhood.

> (laugh) I do the same, the big box of Snickers, they wind up in the
> freezer because I can't adapt to the fact that I only get maybe a
> dozen trick or treaters. I have a horror of running out of candy.
>
> nancy

I get less and less kids each year, used to buy more and more candy...one
year I canvassed the kids to see what they wanted...didn't help still got
fewer kids.

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
baker

Hahabogus > wrote in
:

> Nancy Young > wrote in
> :
>
>> "Jessica V." wrote:
>>
>>> I'll use Halloween as an excuse to buy a big ole box of Snicker's
>>> bars at Sam's Club. Chances are that I'll have most all of them to
>>> myself, in the 9 years I've lived here my total number of trick or
>>> treaters has been under 15, not so many kiddies in the neighborhood.

>> (laugh) I do the same, the big box of Snickers, they wind up in the
>> freezer because I can't adapt to the fact that I only get maybe a
>> dozen trick or treaters. I have a horror of running out of candy.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> I get less and less kids each year, used to buy more and more
> candy...one year I canvassed the kids to see what they wanted...didn't
> help still got fewer kids.

It's amazing what a difference a half century can make. Back in the mid-
fifties, before razor blades or needles or poison in apples and candy,
many houses offered trick or treaters fruit or homemade confections. My
mother used to make caramel apples rolled in nuts, or popcorn balls, or
bags of caramel corn. Neighbors used to offer homemade fudge and
homemade taffy. One elderly lady, who lived far down the street, used to
decorate her basement like a witch's shack and wear a witch costume. She
would invite several kids in at a time to bob for apples, and served us
witch's punch and cookies. In our neighborhood we were encouraged to
"perform" to win a treat, recite a short verse or sing a halloween song.
We went up and down the street on our own, just after dark, no fear from
possible molesters or the like, just goblins. Our costumes were usually
homemade, too, and often quite elaborate. Masks were often the only
purchased item we wore. Halloween was a lot of fun!

--
It's me, Baker!

When the Chips are Down,
the Buffalo is Empty.
PENMART01

>Melba's Jammin'
>
>>(PENMART01) wrote:
>>
>> Smell my feet...
>>
>> Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?

>Not yet. It's to my waistline's advantage to not shop until October 30
>or 31. If, however, I see a bag of Midnight Milky Ways miniatures, I'll
>buy a couple -- ok, fine! three -- bags and hide them under my computer
>table.

What if you hide them in the freezer... hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:

> PENMART01 wrote:
>
> > Smell my feet...
> >
> > Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?
> >
> > How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

> I usually get one huge bag of Starlight mints at Sam's Club. I think
> it's about 6 pounds. I give each kid a little handful of mints.
> HTH :-)
>
> Cheap *******ly,
> Bob

Say it ain't so, Bob. Pleeeeze! How many kids are so fortunate as to
stop by your place? Bet the numbers dwindle annually . . .
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 10-04-04; Sam I Am!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Goomba38
> wrote:

> PENMART01 wrote:
>
> > Smell my feet...
> >
> > Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?
> >
> > How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?
> >

> No wayyyyyyyyyy... if I bought it now you *know*
> I'd be eating it ahead of time. Of course it helps
> if you buy stuff you don't like, but...what fun is
> that?? LOL

The other thing I do is buy a bag or two of maybe three kinds and
distribute the goods in ascending order of importance to me -- the ones
I like most are given last. In case the kids run out before the candy
does, I get what I like. I am shameless and transparent.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 10-04-04; Sam I Am!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

Margaret Suran

baker wrote:
> Hahabogus > wrote in
> :
>>
>>>"Jessica V." wrote:

>>I get less and less kids each year, used to buy more and more
>>candy...one year I canvassed the kids to see what they wanted...didn't
>>help still got fewer kids.
>>

> It's amazing what a difference a half century can make. Back in the mid-
> fifties, before razor blades or needles or poison in apples and candy,
> many houses offered trick or treaters fruit or homemade confections. My
> mother used to make caramel apples rolled in nuts, or popcorn balls, or
> bags of caramel corn. Neighbors used to offer homemade fudge and
> homemade taffy. One elderly lady, who lived far down the street, used to
> decorate her basement like a witch's shack and wear a witch costume. She
> would invite several kids in at a time to bob for apples, and served us
> witch's punch and cookies. In our neighborhood we were encouraged to
> "perform" to win a treat, recite a short verse or sing a halloween song.
> We went up and down the street on our own, just after dark, no fear from
> possible molesters or the like, just goblins. Our costumes were usually
> homemade, too, and often quite elaborate. Masks were often the only
> purchased item we wore. Halloween was a lot of fun!

Loose candy corn was a favorite in the 1950/60's, when my children
were small. Now, every piece of candy is securely wrapped.

I have already bought fun sized Milky Ways, Snickers, KitKats,
Hershey's Kisses and Miniatures, Skittles, M & M's, Tootsie Rolls and
Tootsie Roll Pops, as well mini boxes or raisins, for the kids whose
parents do not allow them candies. I will make up sixty little
packages of two or three fun sized candies, one Lollipop and several
kisses and mini tootsie rolls. Once the packages are gone, I will
have the rest of the candies for the stragglers. The children start
coming around five or six and the last ones come around at about eight
o'clock.

For the grown ups who will come with the kids, there will be home
baked chocolate chip cookies. I used to have a pitcher of apple
cider, too, but now there are so many children living in the building,
it is not possible any more.

Some candy goes to the building staff, who like their treats just as
much as the kids.

Halloween is my favorite Holiday.

BTW, there is a small bowl with fun sized candies next to my entrance
door at all times, in case a child comes to see me. ) Most of the
time, my adult friends will eat the stuff. The kids who used to come
and see me when I first moved here in 1977, are all grown up and have
moved away and the new ones do not know me. (

Dave Smith

baker wrote:

> It's amazing what a difference a half century can make. Back in the mid-
> fifties, before razor blades or needles or poison in apples and candy,
> many houses offered trick or treaters fruit or homemade confections. My
> mother used to make caramel apples rolled in nuts, or popcorn balls, or
> bags of caramel corn. Neighbors used to offer homemade fudge and
> homemade taffy. One elderly lady, who lived far down the street, used to
> decorate her basement like a witch's shack and wear a witch costume. She
> would invite several kids in at a time to bob for apples, and served us
> witch's punch and cookies. In our neighborhood we were encouraged to
> "perform" to win a treat, recite a short verse or sing a halloween song.
> We went up and down the street on our own, just after dark, no fear from
> possible molesters or the like, just goblins. Our costumes were usually
> homemade, too, and often quite elaborate. Masks were often the only
> purchased item we wore. Halloween was a lot of fun!

I still remember some of the people who used to make things like that when I
was a kid out trick or treating. They were the first places that we hit. As
I mentioned in a previous post, living in the country we don't get many kids
and when my son was young the only kids who came were his friends and two
other neighbour kids. I used to make candy apples or caramel corn balls.
Then I found out that the parents wouldn't let them eat them, which surprised
me because we only gave them to kids we knew well. Some time in the next few
weeks I will go out and buy three or four chocolate bars that I like and if
anyone shows up that's what they get, but if we get the usual number.... 0...
I won't have too much on left over to eat myself.

maxine in ri

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, zxcvbob
> > wrote:
>>
>>I usually get one huge bag of Starlight mints at Sam's Club. I think
>>it's about 6 pounds. I give each kid a little handful of mints.
>>HTH :-)
>>
>>Cheap *******ly,
>>Bob

> Say it ain't so, Bob. Pleeeeze! How many kids are so fortunate as to
> stop by your place? Bet the numbers dwindle annually . . .

My daughter will be first in line. Those are her favorite
candies! She may also be second, third, fourth, etc.....
<g>
maxine in ri

maxine in ri

(PENMART01) wrote:

>>>Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?

> NOW? I don't trust myself to buy my Reese's PB cups until Halloween
> afternoon, just before they start showing up.
>
> Anyone remember an Erma Bombeck classic involving "the Davenport kids"? They
> were, IIRC, non-existent but Erma annually laid in a supply of candy just in
> case they came around.
>
> I live alone and have about 6 callers each year, but I still stock up in
> case the Davenports turn up.
>
> And the next morning I have PB cups for breakfast.
>
> Felice

Wow! You have great restraint. I dig into the stuff as I cook
down the jack'o'lanterns for pie filling.<g>

maxine in ri

ItsJoanNotJoAnn

(axlq) wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> One of the companies I work with makes military camouflage suits.
> One suit in particular looks similar to this:

http://striderindustries.com/images/body_veil.jpg

> ...it covers the full body, sleeves and mittens and hood and all,
> and it really makes you look just like a bush when you're crouching.
>
> So he borrows it from work at Halloween, dons it, crouches beside
> the front door, and when kids and parents approach, he scares the
> crap out of them. Some of them run off.
>
> -A

A friend of mine has a 6'4" son and one year he borrowed a pair of
painter stilts and donned a white kingsize sheet. He proceeded to
stand against a tree stock still and jump out at trick-or-treaters to
the delight of all except one little fellow. He was so scared he
dropped his large bag of goodies and took off running heading for the
hills. They tried to chase him down to give him back his bag of candy
and explain it was just a prank, but he was too fast for them! Hasn't
been seen since.
Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, Margaret Suran > said:

<snip>

> BTW, there is a small bowl with fun sized candies next to my entrance
> door at all times, in case a child comes to see me. ) Most of the
> time, my adult friends will eat the stuff. The kids who used to come
> and see me when I first moved here in 1977, are all grown up and have
> moved away and the new ones do not know me. (

If I lived nearer, Margaret, I'd bring my son to visit you -- he
loves nice people and I'm sure he'd be crazy about you... :-)

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
ItsJoanNotJoAnn

"Nexis" > wrote in message news:<9xH8d.291829$4o.119412@fed1read01>...
> "PENMART01" > wrote in message
> > Smell my feet...
> >
> > Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?
> >
> > How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?
> >

> > ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> > ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> > *********
> > "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> > Sheldon
> > ````````````

> Well I always hated it when I got the cheap little candies...you know the
> starlight mints, butterscotch hard candies, that stuff. I usually just buy
> what I would have liked, and is on sale. So far I bought Junior mints,
> KitKats, a variety mini bag (Snickers, Milky Way, Milky Way Midnight, and 3
> Musketeers I think).

I always hated it when I got an apple or an orange. Dang things felt
like they weighed a ton carrying them around in my bag. That's when
it was safe to give away fruit.

Last year I had a variety pretty much like you have, lots of goodies I
love. I pour my candies out in one of those large Tupperware bowls
that's been around for ages and about the size of a washtub :-). Last
year this girl about 12 years old showed up at my door and her eyes
lit up like a Christmas tree when she saw the huge bowl and the
variety. She had the nerve to ask me if she could pick out what she
wanted! I told her no and proceeded to give her some 3 Musketeers and
Snickers or whatever I had. Then the hellion tells me she doesn't
like those. The next thing out my mouth was 'good-bye' and I
preceeded to shut the door in her face.
Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, ojunk (Mpoconnor7) said:

> I live in an apartment and no kids come by. I can't remember the last time a
> kid came to my door on Halloween.

The only ones we get, and rarely at that, are close neighbors.

> I remember when I was a kid we used to go out for 3 hours, starting as soon as
> it started getting dark.

To put this in context, my trick or treat escapades took place
from the late '60s to the mid '70s, in a very small town.

My father used to take a shot glass with him and hold it out for
his treat too! Apparently, driving two girls from house to house
was thirsty work. When we got older and could go alone, Sis and I
would make the rounds, change costumes, and hit everyone up again.
As I said, small town -- everyone knew it was us, but they didn't
mind. We didn't have to have our candy x-rayed or anything, but
I do remember one lady who gave out bags of homemade caramel corn
with her name on them so the parents knew it was okay.

> It was 1982 when the practice of kids going to strangers houses for Halloween
> effectively ended. About a month before Halloween that year, the Tylenol
> poisoning occured, and there were other copycat incidents across the country
> and people died from tainted products. Halloween as we knew it was cancelled
> that year. At that point, the malls picked up the slack and started handing
> out candy to kids because parents were terrified to let their kids go to every
> house in the neighborhood to get candy. I'm sure parents will take their kids
> to houses where they know the people living there, but never to people they
> don't know.

We get together with other parents and take the three kids to
local businesses (no malls here) and parties held by various
schools and community groups. It makes me sad that my son will
never get to go from house to house as we did...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
Ranee Mueller

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> The 'fun size' Snickers are popular.

Who the heck decided those tiny things were "fun sized?" IMO, a fun
sized candy bar would be 3 feet long.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove Do Not and Spam to email

See my Blog at: http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, "Gregory Morrow" > said:
> zxcvbob wrote:
> > Mpoconnor7 wrote:

> > > It was 1982 when the practice of kids going to strangers houses for Halloween
> > > effectively ended. About a month before Halloween that year, the Tylenol
> > > poisoning occured, and there were other copycat incidents across the country
> > > and people died from tainted products. Halloween as we knew it was cancelled
> > > that year. At that point, the malls picked up the slack and started handing
> > > out candy to kids because parents were terrified to let their kids go to every
> > > house in the neighborhood to get candy. I'm sure parents will take their kids
> > > to houses where they know the people living there, but never to people they
> > > don't know.

> > 1982? Are you sure that wasn't when that guy in Texas was executed for
> > killing his own son with a Giant Pixie Stick full of cyanide --
> > allegedly got when the kid was trick r treating?

> That may have played into it, but the Tylenol thing happened here in Chicago
> in the fall of 1982 (at the Walgreen's drugstore in Old Town, intersection
> of North and Wells). Things got kinda hinky after that for trick or
> treating and also people were basically scared to buy stuff in drugstores...

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/w/x/wxk116/tylenol/

http://www.crimelibrary.
com/terrorists_spies/terrorists/tylenol_murders/index.html?sect=22

One of the copycat murders happened here in WA, in '86...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
PENMART01

>> The 'fun size' Snickers are popular.
>
> Who the heck decided those tiny things were "fun sized?" IMO, a fun
>sized candy bar would be 3 feet long.
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

Well, an FM shoe expert would. hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, Ranee Mueller > said:
> In article >,
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> > The 'fun size' Snickers are popular.

> Who the heck decided those tiny things were "fun sized?" IMO, a fun
> sized candy bar would be 3 feet long.

http://www.snackspot.org/thread.php?story=0408181155sbc

"Comment: But still no sign of the legendary and elusive giant
Toblerone, snacking's equivalent of the giant squid. "

http://www.yap.com.au/artcomp/peoplechoice.php

Scroll to the bottom...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"I rule you!" - Travis of the Cosmos, ATHF
Margaret Suran

Gal Called J.J. wrote:
> One time on Usenet, Margaret Suran > said:
>
> <snip>
>

>>BTW, there is a small bowl with fun sized candies next to my entrance
>>door at all times, in case a child comes to see me. ) Most of the
>>time, my adult friends will eat the stuff. The kids who used to come
>>and see me when I first moved here in 1977, are all grown up and have
>>moved away and the new ones do not know me. (

> If I lived nearer, Margaret, I'd bring my son to visit you -- he
> loves nice people and I'm sure he'd be crazy about you... :-)

Why, thank you. I live in New York City and if you happen to live
near me, please, do come. Candy for your son and chocolate chip
cookies for you. M

Bob

Sheldon wrote:

> Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?
>
> How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

I'm usually on vacation over Halloween; last Halloween was the first one I'd
spent at home since buying my house five years ago. I didn't put all that
much effort into decorating, just closed the blinds and had blood-red lights
shining through, while some *very* eerie music was playing (creaking doors,
chanting, quasi-demonic voices, and so forth). Mother Nature cooperated by
sending some mist and light drizzle. If I'm home this year, I'll see about
putting a fog machine by my attic vent, so I can pour fog over my front
porch.

I give away the *good* candy, king-sized Reeses, Dove chocolate bars,
full-sized Kit Kat bars, and whatever else *I* like. I had over a hundred
kids come by (though I suspect some of them were "repeat customers"). I
won't buy any candy this year until I know for sure that I'm going to be
home, and I won't make up my mind about that until a week before Halloween.

Bob