Old 06-10-2004, 12:21 AM
PENMART01

Default Trick or Treat

Smell my feet...

Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?

How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Old 06-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Goomba38

PENMART01 wrote:

Smell my feet...

Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?

How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

No wayyyyyyyyyy... if I bought it now you *know*
I'd be eating it ahead of time. Of course it helps
if you buy stuff you don't like, but...what fun is
that?? LOL

Old 06-10-2004, 12:25 AM
zxcvbob

PENMART01 wrote:

Smell my feet...

Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?

How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

I usually get one huge bag of Starlight mints at Sam's Club. I think
it's about 6 pounds. I give each kid a little handful of mints.
HTH :-)

Cheap *******ly,
Bob
Old 06-10-2004, 12:38 AM
Jessica V.

PENMART01 wrote:
Smell my feet...

Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?

How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

I'll use Halloween as an excuse to buy a big ole box of Snicker's bars
at Sam's Club. Chances are that I'll have most all of them to myself,
in the 9 years I've lived here my total number of trick or treaters has
been under 15, not so many kiddies in the neighborhood.

Jessica
Old 06-10-2004, 12:42 AM
SportKite1

From: (PENMART01)

How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

A few bags. Goo Goo Clusters and Twizzlers. 35-40 kids.

Ellen

Old 06-10-2004, 01:24 AM
axlq

PENMART01 wrote:

Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?
How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

I know of at least one person who tries instead to scare the kids off,
as well as their parents.

One of the companies I work with makes military camouflage suits.
One suit in particular looks similar to this:

http://striderindustries.com/images/body_veil.jpg

....it covers the full body, sleeves and mittens and hood and all,
and it really makes you look just like a bush when you're crouching.

So he borrows it from work at Halloween, dons it, crouches beside
the front door, and when kids and parents approach, he scares the
crap out of them. Some of them run off.

-A
Old 06-10-2004, 01:50 AM
Gregory Morrow

PENMART01 wrote:

Smell my feet...

Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?

How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

Each brat that comes to my door gets a pack of Camel straights, a pack of
Trojans, and a pint of Rebel Yell whiskey...

--
Best
Greg

Old 06-10-2004, 02:05 AM
Nexis

"PENMART01" wrote in message
Smell my feet...

Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?

How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Well I always hated it when I got the cheap little candies...you know the
starlight mints, butterscotch hard candies, that stuff. I usually just buy
what I would have liked, and is on sale. So far I bought Junior mints,
KitKats, a variety mini bag (Snickers, Milky Way, Milky Way Midnight, and 3
Musketeers I think). I haven't gotten the Reese's yet, because if I don't
wait until just before Halloween, my husband and his brother usually will
sneak into them as often as they can get away with!

Halloween has always been a big thing around here. We decorate and make it
fun for the kids, if not a little scary! Also, we live within a couple
blocks of an elementary and a middle school, as well as a college, so we
usually have a pretty good turn out. Believe it or not, we get almost as
many college kids as youngsters!

Old 06-10-2004, 02:13 AM
Nancy Young

"Jessica V." wrote:

I'll use Halloween as an excuse to buy a big ole box of Snicker's bars
at Sam's Club. Chances are that I'll have most all of them to myself,
in the 9 years I've lived here my total number of trick or treaters has
been under 15, not so many kiddies in the neighborhood.

(laugh) I do the same, the big box of Snickers, they wind up in the
freezer because I can't adapt to the fact that I only get maybe a
dozen trick or treaters. I have a horror of running out of candy.

nancy
Old 06-10-2004, 02:22 AM
Gregory Morrow

Nexis wrote:

Believe it or not, we get almost as
many college kids as youngsters!

....*college* kids...???

--
Best
Greg

Old 06-10-2004, 02:43 AM
Dave Smith

Nexis wrote:

Halloween has always been a big thing around here. We decorate and make it
fun for the kids, if not a little scary! Also, we live within a couple
blocks of an elementary and a middle school, as well as a college, so we
usually have a pretty good turn out. Believe it or not, we get almost as
many college kids as youngsters!

One of the advantages of living in a rural area between to small towns is that
the greedy little kids go into town where they don't have to travel as far to
fill their loot bags. When my son was small his friends used to come by, but we
haven't had a kid show up here for about 10 years now. I buy two or three full
size chocolate bars just in case they local kids bother to come here.

Old 06-10-2004, 03:03 AM
Puester

"Jessica V." wrote:

PENMART01 wrote:
Smell my feet...

Anyone begun to stock up yet on treats for the rugrats?

How much to you get, what kinds... how many do you expect?

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

I'll use Halloween as an excuse to buy a big ole box of Snicker's bars
at Sam's Club. Chances are that I'll have most all of them to myself,
in the 9 years I've lived here my total number of trick or treaters has
been under 15, not so many kiddies in the neighborhood.

Jessica

Over the years our numbers have varied from 5 to 200 kids.
(We live in a gated comunity and parents often drive kids
in because it seems safer than other areas.)

A lot depends on the weather and temperature.

Last year we went out to dinner with a friend visiting from
Europe. I left a large wooden salad bowl on the front porch,
full of a variety of small candy bars, with a note saying
"Help yourself". It was still half full when we got home late.

gloria p
Old 06-10-2004, 03:21 AM
Mpoconnor7

I live in an apartment and no kids come by. I can't remember the last time a
kid came to my door on Halloween.

I remember when I was a kid we used to go out for 3 hours, starting as soon as
it started getting dark.

It was 1982 when the practice of kids going to strangers houses for Halloween
effectively ended. About a month before Halloween that year, the Tylenol
poisoning occured, and there were other copycat incidents across the country
and people died from tainted products. Halloween as we knew it was cancelled
that year. At that point, the malls picked up the slack and started handing
out candy to kids because parents were terrified to let their kids go to every
house in the neighborhood to get candy. I'm sure parents will take their kids
to houses where they know the people living there, but never to people they
don't know.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"I actually thought about voting for John Kerry before I decided to vote
against him."
Old 06-10-2004, 03:40 AM
zxcvbob

Mpoconnor7 wrote:

[...]

1982? Are you sure that wasn't when that guy in Texas was executed for
killing his own son with a Giant Pixie Stick full of cyanide --
allegedly got when the kid was trick r treating?

Bob