Beirader

Default Custard in a pumpkin

Looking for a receipt for custard in a pumpkin which was the precursor
to pumpkin pie and served in Plimouth colony (Plymouth)
Thanks and happy holidays to all.
BOB

Beirader wrote:
> Looking for a receipt for custard in a pumpkin which was the precursor
> to pumpkin pie and served in Plimouth colony (Plymouth)
> Thanks and happy holidays to all.

This might possibly be what you're looking for:

The recipe from the book "The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American" by Jeff Smith.

http://www.kamado.com/cgi-bin/discus...7123#POST17123

Pictures are included, and changes that I made are in the notes.

BOB

jmcquown

BOB wrote:
> Beirader wrote:
>> Looking for a receipt for custard in a pumpkin which was the
>> precursor to pumpkin pie and served in Plimouth colony (Plymouth)
>> Thanks and happy holidays to all.

> This might possibly be what you're looking for:
>
> The recipe from the book "The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American" by Jeff
> Smith.
>
> http://www.kamado.com/cgi-bin/discus...7123#POST17123
>
> Pictures are included, and changes that I made are in the notes.
>
> BOB

jmcquown

jmcquown wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>> Beirader wrote:
>>> Looking for a receipt for custard in a pumpkin which was the
>>> precursor to pumpkin pie and served in Plimouth colony (Plymouth)
>>> Thanks and happy holidays to all.

>> This might possibly be what you're looking for:
>>
>> The recipe from the book "The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American" by Jeff
>> Smith.

Exactly what I was thinking of (before I hit send without a reply). His
recipe called for baking in the oven but it's pretty much the same thing the
OP is looking for.

Jill

BOB

jmcquown wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> BOB wrote:
>>>
>>> This might possibly be what you're looking for:
>>>
>>> The recipe from the book "The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American" by Jeff
>>> Smith.
>>>

> Exactly what I was thinking of (before I hit send without a reply). His
> recipe called for baking in the oven but it's pretty much the same thing the
> OP is looking for.
>
> Jill

I'd tried it in the oven many times before I attempted it on the Kamado. It is
excellent in the oven (as the recipe intends), but IIMnsHO, much better with
that ever so slight smokey flavor.
The idea of baking it in my Kamado was to show off the versatility of the
cooker.

BOB

Beirader

BOB wrote:
> Beirader wrote:
>
>>Looking for a receipt for custard in a pumpkin which was the precursor
>>to pumpkin pie and served in Plimouth colony (Plymouth)
>>Thanks and happy holidays to all.

> This might possibly be what you're looking for:
>
> The recipe from the book "The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American" by Jeff Smith.
>
> http://www.kamado.com/cgi-bin/discus...7123#POST17123
>
> Pictures are included, and changes that I made are in the notes.
>
> BOB

Great Pictures, thanks
Virginia Tadrzynski

"Beirader" > wrote in message
> BOB wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> >>Exactly what I was thinking of (before I hit send without a reply). His
> >>recipe called for baking in the oven but it's pretty much the same thing

the
> >>OP is looking for.
> >>
> >>Jill

> > I'd tried it in the oven many times before I attempted it on the Kamado.

It is
> > excellent in the oven (as the recipe intends), but IIMnsHO, much better

with
> > that ever so slight smokey flavor.
> > The idea of baking it in my Kamado was to show off the versatility of

the
> > cooker.
> >
> > BOB
> >

> Ok what is a Kamado? I thought it was some kinda dragon.

Caught something on the local public access channel.....gave a website of
www.thaifood.com they cooked custard right in the pumpkin........looked
interesting. Said the recipe was on the website.
-Ginny

BOB

Nancy Young wrote:
> Beirader wrote:
>
>> Ok what is a Kamado? I thought it was some kinda dragon.

> It's a Quer's dream come true. No dragon, but a thing to smoke
> foods.
>
> nancy

One has been known to breath fire once and a while...

BOB

BOB

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> " BOB" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Beirader wrote:

>>> Great Pictures, thanks

>> Thank you!
>> Glad you enjoyed. I had fun with the baking and the picture
>> taking/posting.
>>
>> BOB
>>

> On my 'to do' list, Bob. Great report and pics!
> Jack Pumpkin

I don't think you'll be sorry. Well, maybe if you share, and it gets requested
a lot. ;-)
It *is* pumpkin-time-o-year again, isn't it?

BOB

BOB

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> " BOB" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Beirader wrote:

>>> Great Pictures, thanks

>> Thank you!
>> Glad you enjoyed. I had fun with the baking and the picture
>> taking/posting.
>>
>> BOB
>>

> On my 'to do' list, Bob. Great report and pics!
> Jack Pumpkin

I don't think you'll be sorry. Well, maybe if you share, and it gets requested
a lot. ;-)
It *is* pumpkin-time-o-year again, isn't it?

BOB

Jack Schidt®

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Jack Schidt® wrote:
>> " BOB" > wrote in message
>> . ..

>>> Thank you!
>>> Glad you enjoyed. I had fun with the baking and the picture
>>> taking/posting.
>>>
>>> BOB
>>>

>> On my 'to do' list, Bob. Great report and pics!
>> Jack Pumpkin

> I don't think you'll be sorry. Well, maybe if you share, and it gets
> requested a lot. ;-)
> It *is* pumpkin-time-o-year again, isn't it?
>
> BOB

Si!

Jack Frost

BOB

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> " BOB" wrote...
>> Jack Schidt® wrote:
>>> " BOB" wrote...

>>> On my 'to do' list, Bob. Great report and pics!
>>> Jack Pumpkin

>> I don't think you'll be sorry. Well, maybe if you share, and it gets
>> requested a lot. ;-)
>> It *is* pumpkin-time-o-year again, isn't it?
>>
>> BOB
>>

> Si!
>
> Jack Frost

Maybe this weekend then!

BOB Roasted

BOB

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> " BOB" wrote...
>> Jack Schidt® wrote:
>>> " BOB" wrote...

>>> On my 'to do' list, Bob. Great report and pics!
>>> Jack Pumpkin

>> I don't think you'll be sorry. Well, maybe if you share, and it gets
>> requested a lot. ;-)
>> It *is* pumpkin-time-o-year again, isn't it?
>>
>> BOB
>>

> Si!
>
> Jack Frost

Maybe this weekend then!

BOB Roasted

BOB

Jack Schidt® wrote:
> " BOB" wrote...
>> Jack Schidt® wrote:
>>> " BOB" wrote...

>>> On my 'to do' list, Bob. Great report and pics!
>>> Jack Pumpkin

>> I don't think you'll be sorry. Well, maybe if you share, and it gets
>> requested a lot. ;-)
>> It *is* pumpkin-time-o-year again, isn't it?
>>
>> BOB
>>

> Si!
>
> Jack Frost

Maybe this weekend then!