Old 27-10-2004, 06:20 PM
A Ross

Default Custard in a Pumpkin

I baked Bob's recipe for custard in a pumpkin Friday night to serve on
Saturday, along with three brined, roasted turkeys. The custard took
quite a bit of time to set up--I baked it for about two hours, but I
think my pumpkin was a little too big.

Anyway, everyone (adults, that is) loved it. Thanks for posting the
recipe!

Amy

Old 29-10-2004, 03:19 AM
BOB

A Ross wrote:
I baked Bob's recipe for custard in a pumpkin Friday night to serve on
Saturday, along with three brined, roasted turkeys. The custard took
quite a bit of time to set up--I baked it for about two hours, but I
think my pumpkin was a little too big.

Anyway, everyone (adults, that is) loved it. Thanks for posting the
recipe!

Amy,
I'm glad that you liked it! I've had trouble a few times with the setting up,
and I haven't figure out what the problem is, but I'm still trying. I seem to
remember that most of the problems do come when the pumpkin is too big, and the
recipe is more than doubled. I do seem to have best results with the smaller
(like the recipe calls for, when I can find them!) pumpkins, but the pumpkin in
the posted article was almost double, and it set up OK.

BOB
who gives *all* the credit for the successful "pies" to the "Frug" and his
recipe

Old 29-10-2004, 08:05 PM
A Ross

In article , " BOB"
wrote:

A Ross wrote:
[...]

Yes, I saw the origin of the recipe, but you adapted it for outdoor
cookery...Oh, I substitued maple syrup for the molassas, which I didn't
have, and it was fine.

Thanks again,

Amy