The Wolf

Default Oven safe bowl

If the bottom of a bowl says microwave safe can one assume it's oven safe as
well.
"Michael, we're bigger than U. S. Steel," Hyman Roth.

Edwin Pawlowski

The Wolf wrote:

> It's not plastic. Williams Sonoma Brasserie, it says dishwasher
> microwave safe.

Bit it does NOT say oven safe. There are different forces at work here;
ovens have a potential for a much higher temperature than a microwave.
I'd not try it. Look for Pyrex or equal if you need an ovenproof item.
--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Loki

Only if one wants gobs of melted plastic stinking out the place.
How hot does a microwave get, or a dishwasher? I suspect a convection
oven gets much hotter than those two. Sounds to me like they're
saying it won't melt with some heat, unlike most plastics. (Or give
off toxic fumes too, I guess)

il Fri, 23 Jan 2004 01:24:33 GMT, The Wolf ha scritto:

> If the bottom of a bowl says microwave safe can one assume it's oven safe as
> well.

Loki
--
Brevity is the soul of wit. W.Shakespeare

BOB

The Wolf wrote:
> If the bottom of a bowl says microwave safe can one assume it's oven safe as
> well.
> --
> ================================================== ======
> "Michael, we're bigger than U. S. Steel," Hyman Roth.
> ================================================== ======

Considering your expertise in everything else, I'd say you're right on. Give it
a try and report back.

BOB

The Wolf

On 01/22/2004 8:35 PM, in article
, "BOB"
> opined:

> The Wolf wrote:
>> If the bottom of a bowl says microwave safe can one assume it's oven safe as
>> well.
>> --
>> ================================================== ======
>> "Michael, we're bigger than U. S. Steel," Hyman Roth.
>> ================================================== ======

> Considering your expertise in everything else, I'd say you're right on. Give
> it
> a try and report back.
>
> BOB

I did and it seems ok. I don't know why people thought it was plastic only a
liberal democrat would be stupid enough to put a plastic bowl in the oven.
I love cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food.

Bob

The Wolf wrote:

> If the bottom of a bowl says microwave safe can one assume it's oven safe as
> well.

Not enough info to say. What's it made of? What else does it say on
the bottom?

Pastorio