Jacques Lorrain

Default Harvey's Hamburger recipe

Sept. 15th, 2004

Hi The

Would anybody have a copy cat recipe for Hrvey's hamburgers or know where I
could find it.

Many thanks

Jacques

Jacques Lorrain > wrote:
> Sept. 15th, 2004

> Hi The

> Would anybody have a copy cat recipe for Hrvey's hamburgers or know where I
> could find it.

Why don't you ask Harvey?

Jacques Lorrain > wrote:
> Sept. 15th, 2004

> Hi The

> Would anybody have a copy cat recipe for Hrvey's hamburgers or know where I
> could find it.

Why don't you ask Harvey?

zuuum

>> Would anybody have a copy cat recipe for Hrvey's hamburgers or know where
>> could find it.

I'm not sure how widely known "Harvey's" is, but there are a number of
"Secret Recipe" books that give standard recipes or guesstimations of
retailed/packaged foodstuffs and chain-restaurant menu items.

zuuum

>> Would anybody have a copy cat recipe for Hrvey's hamburgers or know where
>> could find it.

I'm not sure how widely known "Harvey's" is, but there are a number of
"Secret Recipe" books that give standard recipes or guesstimations of
retailed/packaged foodstuffs and chain-restaurant menu items.

Gregory Morrow

> Jacques Lorrain > wrote:
> > Sept. 15th, 2004

> > Hi The

> > Would anybody have a copy cat recipe for Hrvey's hamburgers or know

where I
> > could find it.

> Why don't you ask Harvey?

I thought "Harvey" was a six - foot tall rabbit that followed Jimmy Stewart
around - wouldn't Harvey thus be a vegetarian...???

--
Best
Greg

Gregory Morrow

> Jacques Lorrain > wrote:
> > Sept. 15th, 2004

> > Hi The

> > Would anybody have a copy cat recipe for Hrvey's hamburgers or know

where I
> > could find it.

> Why don't you ask Harvey?

I thought "Harvey" was a six - foot tall rabbit that followed Jimmy Stewart
around - wouldn't Harvey thus be a vegetarian...???

--
Best
Greg

Christine

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
message ink.net...

> > wrote:
>
>> Jacques Lorrain > wrote:
>> > Sept. 15th, 2004

>> > Hi The

>> > Would anybody have a copy cat recipe for Hrvey's hamburgers or know

> where I
>> > could find it.

>> Why don't you ask Harvey?

> I thought "Harvey" was a six - foot tall rabbit that followed Jimmy
> Stewart
> around - wouldn't Harvey thus be a vegetarian...???
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Technically Harvey was a pooka although he took the form of a big rabbit.
Don't know if a pooka would be a vegetarian or not.

Chris in Pearland, TX

Chris in Pearland, TX

Christine

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
message ink.net...

> > wrote:
>
>> Jacques Lorrain > wrote:
>> > Sept. 15th, 2004

>> > Hi The

>> > Would anybody have a copy cat recipe for Hrvey's hamburgers or know

> where I
>> > could find it.

>> Why don't you ask Harvey?

> I thought "Harvey" was a six - foot tall rabbit that followed Jimmy
> Stewart
> around - wouldn't Harvey thus be a vegetarian...???
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Technically Harvey was a pooka although he took the form of a big rabbit.
Don't know if a pooka would be a vegetarian or not.

Chris in Pearland, TX

Chris in Pearland, TX

TJ

Harvey's is a Hamburgher chain in Canada that makes just fantastic
char broiled hamburghers.....I think most of the Harvey's Restos are
in Ontario but I am not sure....they are everywhere here in
Toronto......If any of you funny folk are interested.....the Harvey's
unique taste is first of all due to the interesting mix of meat in the
Pattie...plust the charcoal thing......then for the fixin's they don't
make gooey sugary tomato sauces like McDonald's, Burgher King
etc...instead they offer a buffet sort of offering of sliced tomatoes,
sliced garlic dills, chopped fresh onions plus usual assortiment of
hot and sweet peppers, sliced chedhar cheeses, sliced black and green
olives, iceburg lettuce very fine sliced with the usual choice of
condiments....mustard, green relish and Ketsup
.....you choose what you want on your Burgher....Check it out !

I eat three hamburghers a year and when I do I make sure it's a
Harvey's Burgher.......never tasted anything anywhere in the US or
Canada... to match it.....It is real food !.....not bad for a Burgher
chain eh !

To the poster I would say if you want to get close to the taste of a
Harvey's Burgher done on your BBQ go to Loblaws ( Canadian Grocery
Chain....mostly in Central Canada) and get the President's Choice
Prime Rib Burghers.....BBQ them.....well done....then serve with the
same Fixin's that Harvey's use in their Buffet selection
process....and for Bun's get the those nice light President's Choice
delicioso buns.....should work for you !

TJ

..
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:24:30 GMT, "Christine"
> wrote:

>"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
>message ink.net...
>>
>> > wrote:

>> where I
>>>
>>> Why don't you ask Harvey?

>> I thought "Harvey" was a six - foot tall rabbit that followed Jimmy
>> Stewart
>> around - wouldn't Harvey thus be a vegetarian...???
>>
>> --
>> Best
>> Greg
>>

>Technically Harvey was a pooka although he took the form of a big rabbit.
>Don't know if a pooka would be a vegetarian or not.
>
>Chris in Pearland, TX
>
>Chris in Pearland, TX

TJ

Harvey's is a Hamburgher chain in Canada that makes just fantastic
char broiled hamburghers.....I think most of the Harvey's Restos are
in Ontario but I am not sure....they are everywhere here in
Toronto......If any of you funny folk are interested.....the Harvey's
unique taste is first of all due to the interesting mix of meat in the
Pattie...plust the charcoal thing......then for the fixin's they don't
make gooey sugary tomato sauces like McDonald's, Burgher King
etc...instead they offer a buffet sort of offering of sliced tomatoes,
sliced garlic dills, chopped fresh onions plus usual assortiment of
hot and sweet peppers, sliced chedhar cheeses, sliced black and green
olives, iceburg lettuce very fine sliced with the usual choice of
condiments....mustard, green relish and Ketsup
.....you choose what you want on your Burgher....Check it out !

I eat three hamburghers a year and when I do I make sure it's a
Harvey's Burgher.......never tasted anything anywhere in the US or
Canada... to match it.....It is real food !.....not bad for a Burgher
chain eh !

To the poster I would say if you want to get close to the taste of a
Harvey's Burgher done on your BBQ go to Loblaws ( Canadian Grocery
Chain....mostly in Central Canada) and get the President's Choice
Prime Rib Burghers.....BBQ them.....well done....then serve with the
same Fixin's that Harvey's use in their Buffet selection
process....and for Bun's get the those nice light President's Choice
delicioso buns.....should work for you !

TJ

..
On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:24:30 GMT, "Christine"
> wrote:

>"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
>message ink.net...
>>
>> > wrote:

>> where I
>>>
>>> Why don't you ask Harvey?

>> I thought "Harvey" was a six - foot tall rabbit that followed Jimmy
>> Stewart
>> around - wouldn't Harvey thus be a vegetarian...???
>>
>> --
>> Best
>> Greg
>>

>Technically Harvey was a pooka although he took the form of a big rabbit.
>Don't know if a pooka would be a vegetarian or not.
>
>Chris in Pearland, TX
>
>Chris in Pearland, TX

BJ42

I like Harvey's but Fatburger in Torrance CA is the finest! Or the
Chickenburger in Bedford Nova Scotia!

SDB

"TJ" > wrote in message
> Harvey's is a Hamburgher chain in Canada that makes just fantastic
> char broiled hamburghers.....I think most of the Harvey's Restos are
> in Ontario but I am not sure....they are everywhere here in
> Toronto......If any of you funny folk are interested.....the Harvey's
> unique taste is first of all due to the interesting mix of meat in the
> Pattie...plust the charcoal thing......then for the fixin's they don't
> make gooey sugary tomato sauces like McDonald's, Burgher King
> etc...instead they offer a buffet sort of offering of sliced tomatoes,
> sliced garlic dills, chopped fresh onions plus usual assortiment of
> hot and sweet peppers, sliced chedhar cheeses, sliced black and green
> olives, iceburg lettuce very fine sliced with the usual choice of
> condiments....mustard, green relish and Ketsup
> ....you choose what you want on your Burgher....Check it out !
>
> I eat three hamburghers a year and when I do I make sure it's a
> Harvey's Burgher.......never tasted anything anywhere in the US or
> Canada... to match it.....It is real food !.....not bad for a Burgher
> chain eh !
>
> To the poster I would say if you want to get close to the taste of a
> Harvey's Burgher done on your BBQ go to Loblaws ( Canadian Grocery
> Chain....mostly in Central Canada) and get the President's Choice
> Prime Rib Burghers.....BBQ them.....well done....then serve with the
> same Fixin's that Harvey's use in their Buffet selection
> process....and for Bun's get the those nice light President's Choice
> delicioso buns.....should work for you !
>
> TJ
>

> .
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:24:30 GMT, "Christine"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
>>message ink.net...

>>> where I

>>> I thought "Harvey" was a six - foot tall rabbit that followed Jimmy
>>> Stewart
>>> around - wouldn't Harvey thus be a vegetarian...???
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best
>>> Greg
>>>

>>Technically Harvey was a pooka although he took the form of a big rabbit.
>>Don't know if a pooka would be a vegetarian or not.
>>
>>Chris in Pearland, TX
>>
>>Chris in Pearland, TX

BJ42

"TJ" > wrote in message
> Harvey's is a Hamburgher chain in Canada that makes just fantastic
> char broiled hamburghers.....I think most of the Harvey's Restos are
> in Ontario but I am not sure....they are everywhere here in
> Toronto......If any of you funny folk are interested.....the Harvey's
> unique taste is first of all due to the interesting mix of meat in the
> Pattie...plust the charcoal thing......then for the fixin's they don't
> make gooey sugary tomato sauces like McDonald's, Burgher King
> etc...instead they offer a buffet sort of offering of sliced tomatoes,
> sliced garlic dills, chopped fresh onions plus usual assortiment of
> hot and sweet peppers, sliced chedhar cheeses, sliced black and green
> olives, iceburg lettuce very fine sliced with the usual choice of
> condiments....mustard, green relish and Ketsup
> ....you choose what you want on your Burgher....Check it out !
>
> I eat three hamburghers a year and when I do I make sure it's a
> Harvey's Burgher.......never tasted anything anywhere in the US or
> Canada... to match it.....It is real food !.....not bad for a Burgher
> chain eh !
>
> To the poster I would say if you want to get close to the taste of a
> Harvey's Burgher done on your BBQ go to Loblaws ( Canadian Grocery
> Chain....mostly in Central Canada) and get the President's Choice
> Prime Rib Burghers.....BBQ them.....well done....then serve with the
> same Fixin's that Harvey's use in their Buffet selection
> process....and for Bun's get the those nice light President's Choice
> delicioso buns.....should work for you !
>
> TJ
>

> .
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:24:30 GMT, "Christine"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
>>message ink.net...

>>> where I

>>> I thought "Harvey" was a six - foot tall rabbit that followed Jimmy
>>> Stewart
>>> around - wouldn't Harvey thus be a vegetarian...???
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best
>>> Greg
>>>

>>Technically Harvey was a pooka although he took the form of a big rabbit.
>>Don't know if a pooka would be a vegetarian or not.
>>
>>Chris in Pearland, TX
>>
>>Chris in Pearland, TX

BJ42

"TJ" > wrote in message
> Harvey's is a Hamburgher chain in Canada that makes just fantastic
> char broiled hamburghers.....I think most of the Harvey's Restos are
> in Ontario but I am not sure....they are everywhere here in
> Toronto......If any of you funny folk are interested.....the Harvey's
> unique taste is first of all due to the interesting mix of meat in the
> Pattie...plust the charcoal thing......then for the fixin's they don't
> make gooey sugary tomato sauces like McDonald's, Burgher King
> etc...instead they offer a buffet sort of offering of sliced tomatoes,
> sliced garlic dills, chopped fresh onions plus usual assortiment of
> hot and sweet peppers, sliced chedhar cheeses, sliced black and green
> olives, iceburg lettuce very fine sliced with the usual choice of
> condiments....mustard, green relish and Ketsup
> ....you choose what you want on your Burgher....Check it out !
>
> I eat three hamburghers a year and when I do I make sure it's a
> Harvey's Burgher.......never tasted anything anywhere in the US or
> Canada... to match it.....It is real food !.....not bad for a Burgher
> chain eh !
>
> To the poster I would say if you want to get close to the taste of a
> Harvey's Burgher done on your BBQ go to Loblaws ( Canadian Grocery
> Chain....mostly in Central Canada) and get the President's Choice
> Prime Rib Burghers.....BBQ them.....well done....then serve with the
> same Fixin's that Harvey's use in their Buffet selection
> process....and for Bun's get the those nice light President's Choice
> delicioso buns.....should work for you !
>
> TJ
>

> .
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:24:30 GMT, "Christine"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
>>message ink.net...

>>> where I

>>> I thought "Harvey" was a six - foot tall rabbit that followed Jimmy
>>> Stewart
>>> around - wouldn't Harvey thus be a vegetarian...???
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best
>>> Greg
>>>

>>Technically Harvey was a pooka although he took the form of a big rabbit.
>>Don't know if a pooka would be a vegetarian or not.
>>
>>Chris in Pearland, TX
>>
>>Chris in Pearland, TX

Steve Calvin

TJ wrote:
> Harvey's is a Hamburgher chain in Canada that makes just fantastic
> char broiled hamburghers.....I think most of the Harvey's Restos are

Interesting post. How much do they charge for one up there?

The "recipe" sounded good until I got to the "well done" part you lost
me. I'll go medium but not well but to each their own.

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

TJ wrote:
> Harvey's is a Hamburgher chain in Canada that makes just fantastic
> char broiled hamburghers.....I think most of the Harvey's Restos are

Interesting post. How much do they charge for one up there?

The "recipe" sounded good until I got to the "well done" part you lost
me. I'll go medium but not well but to each their own.

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Alan_B

alzelt > wrote in
:

> How do you ask an invisible 6' rabbit?
> --
> Alan
>
> "I don't think you can win the war on terror."
>
> ...George (flip-flop) Bush, 8/30/2004

Respectfully and quietly.

--
Last year's nuts must go.
- Michael Odom
Alan_B

alzelt > wrote in
:

> How do you ask an invisible 6' rabbit?
> --
> Alan
>
> "I don't think you can win the war on terror."
>
> ...George (flip-flop) Bush, 8/30/2004

Respectfully and quietly.

--
Last year's nuts must go.
- Michael Odom

TJ

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:26:17 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>Interesting post. How much do they charge for one up there?

If my memory serves me right the regular Burgher is around 3.00
Canadian (2.35 US appx) and the Big Harv I think is 4.00 Can.

>The "recipe" sounded good until I got to the "well done" part you lost
>me. I'll go medium but not well but to each their own.

I hear you. When I cook a rack shoulder or leg of Lamb, A Beef
Tenderloin Roast, or Beef Tenderloin Steaks, Rib Eye Steaks, Prime Rib
Roast.......I cook it as rare as possible......The meat is right there
in front of you and nobody has messed with it.....at least in terms of
what you see.....but Hamburgher? .....is basically ground meat that
can contain all kinds of stuff...... Who knows what is in that
assortment of meats that make up a hamburgher pattie? I am leary for
health reasons to eat Burghers rare or medium......Do you eat your
burghers rare and medium ?

Even if Loblaws, Presidents Choice Prime Rib Burghers taste somewhat
like Prime Rib.....and they are delicious......tasting good and being
delicious with ground meat can be achieved in a lot of ways that might
not always include elements that are healthy when undercooked......I
think....That's why I suggested cook the Burgher well done ......just
to be safe....

TJ
Nancy Young

TJ wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:26:17 -0400, Steve Calvin

> delicious with ground meat can be achieved in a lot of ways that might
> not always include elements that are healthy when undercooked......I
> think....That's why I suggested cook the Burgher well done ......just
> to be safe....

You probably need to think about grinding your own meat for burgers,
this way you don't have to eat overdone burgers.

nancy
Nancy Young

TJ wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:26:17 -0400, Steve Calvin

> delicious with ground meat can be achieved in a lot of ways that might
> not always include elements that are healthy when undercooked......I
> think....That's why I suggested cook the Burgher well done ......just
> to be safe....

You probably need to think about grinding your own meat for burgers,
this way you don't have to eat overdone burgers.

nancy
Wayne

TJ > wrote in
:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:26:17 -0400, Steve Calvin
> > wrote:
>

>>Interesting post. How much do they charge for one up there?

> If my memory serves me right the regular Burgher is around 3.00
> Canadian (2.35 US appx) and the Big Harv I think is 4.00 Can.
>>
>>The "recipe" sounded good until I got to the "well done" part you lost
>>me. I'll go medium but not well but to each their own.

> I hear you. When I cook a rack shoulder or leg of Lamb, A Beef
> Tenderloin Roast, or Beef Tenderloin Steaks, Rib Eye Steaks, Prime Rib
> Roast.......I cook it as rare as possible......The meat is right there
> in front of you and nobody has messed with it.....at least in terms of
> what you see.....but Hamburgher? .....is basically ground meat that
> can contain all kinds of stuff...... Who knows what is in that
> assortment of meats that make up a hamburgher pattie? I am leary for
> health reasons to eat Burghers rare or medium......Do you eat your
> burghers rare and medium ?
>
> Even if Loblaws, Presidents Choice Prime Rib Burghers taste somewhat
> like Prime Rib.....and they are delicious......tasting good and being
> delicious with ground meat can be achieved in a lot of ways that might
> not always include elements that are healthy when undercooked......I
> think....That's why I suggested cook the Burgher well done ......just
> to be safe....
>
> TJ

If the ground meat is unknown, then yes, cook it well done. If you're
grinding your own from a hunk of meat, it *should* be safe at any degree
of doneness, at least as safe as the steak or roast you ground it from.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Wayne

TJ > wrote in
:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:26:17 -0400, Steve Calvin
> > wrote:
>

>>Interesting post. How much do they charge for one up there?

> If my memory serves me right the regular Burgher is around 3.00
> Canadian (2.35 US appx) and the Big Harv I think is 4.00 Can.
>>
>>The "recipe" sounded good until I got to the "well done" part you lost
>>me. I'll go medium but not well but to each their own.

> I hear you. When I cook a rack shoulder or leg of Lamb, A Beef
> Tenderloin Roast, or Beef Tenderloin Steaks, Rib Eye Steaks, Prime Rib
> Roast.......I cook it as rare as possible......The meat is right there
> in front of you and nobody has messed with it.....at least in terms of
> what you see.....but Hamburgher? .....is basically ground meat that
> can contain all kinds of stuff...... Who knows what is in that
> assortment of meats that make up a hamburgher pattie? I am leary for
> health reasons to eat Burghers rare or medium......Do you eat your
> burghers rare and medium ?
>
> Even if Loblaws, Presidents Choice Prime Rib Burghers taste somewhat
> like Prime Rib.....and they are delicious......tasting good and being
> delicious with ground meat can be achieved in a lot of ways that might
> not always include elements that are healthy when undercooked......I
> think....That's why I suggested cook the Burgher well done ......just
> to be safe....
>
> TJ

If the ground meat is unknown, then yes, cook it well done. If you're
grinding your own from a hunk of meat, it *should* be safe at any degree
of doneness, at least as safe as the steak or roast you ground it from.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Steve Calvin

TJ wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:26:17 -0400, Steve Calvin
> > wrote:
>

>>Interesting post. How much do they charge for one up there?

> If my memory serves me right the regular Burgher is around 3.00
> Canadian (2.35 US appx) and the Big Harv I think is 4.00 Can.

Man, not bad!

>>The "recipe" sounded good until I got to the "well done" part you lost
>>me. I'll go medium but not well but to each their own.

> I hear you. When I cook a rack shoulder or leg of Lamb, A Beef
> Tenderloin Roast, or Beef Tenderloin Steaks, Rib Eye Steaks, Prime Rib
> Roast.......I cook it as rare as possible......The meat is right there
> in front of you and nobody has messed with it.....at least in terms of
> what you see.....but Hamburgher? .....is basically ground meat that
> can contain all kinds of stuff...... Who knows what is in that
> assortment of meats that make up a hamburgher pattie? I am leary for
> health reasons to eat Burghers rare or medium......Do you eat your
> burghers rare and medium ?

Excellent point. I've taken to grinding my own and sometimes forget
the caution required when buying pre-ground. I stand corrected for
store bought. (see sig ;-) )

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

PENMART01

>TJ tjbernard writes:
>
>>Steve Calvin wrote:
>>
>>Interesting post. How much do they charge for one up there?

>If my memory serves me right the regular Burgher is around 3.00
>Canadian (2.35 US appx) and the Big Harv I think is 4.00 Can.
>>
>>The "recipe" sounded good until I got to the "well done" part you lost
>>me. I'll go medium but not well but to each their own.

>I hear you. When I cook a rack shoulder or leg of Lamb, A Beef
>Tenderloin Roast, or Beef Tenderloin Steaks, Rib Eye Steaks, Prime Rib
>Roast.......I cook it as rare as possible......The meat is right there
>in front of you and nobody has messed with it.....at least in terms of
>what you see.....but Hamburgher? .....is basically ground meat that
>can contain all kinds of stuff...... Who knows what is in that
>assortment of meats that make up a hamburgher pattie? I am leary for
>health reasons to eat Burghers rare or medium......Do you eat your
>burghers rare and medium ?
>
>Even if Loblaws, Presidents Choice Prime Rib Burghers taste somewhat
>like Prime Rib.....and they are delicious......tasting good and being
>delicious with ground meat can be achieved in a lot of ways that might
>not always include elements that are healthy when undercooked......I
>think....That's why I suggested cook the Burgher well done ......just
>to be safe....

So, TJ readily admits that if *knowingly* served a load of shit he'd gladly eat
it so long as it was well cooked. duh

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>Nancy Young writes:
>
>TJ wrote:
>>
>> delicious with ground meat can be achieved in a lot of ways that might
>> not always include elements that are healthy when undercooked......I
>> _think_....That's why I suggested cook the Burgher well done ......just
>> to be safe....

>You probably need to _think_ about grinding your own meat for burgers,
>this way you don't have to eat overdone burgers.

Um, _thinking_ is obviously not TJ's Forte.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>Nancy Young writes:
>
>TJ wrote:
>>
>> delicious with ground meat can be achieved in a lot of ways that might
>> not always include elements that are healthy when undercooked......I
>> _think_....That's why I suggested cook the Burgher well done ......just
>> to be safe....

>You probably need to _think_ about grinding your own meat for burgers,
>this way you don't have to eat overdone burgers.

Um, _thinking_ is obviously not TJ's Forte.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Bob Westcott

Well, this thread made me stop at Harvey's yesterday for a burger. Having
lived in the US and in Canada, I can honestly say there is nothing
equivalent in the states to Harveys. Not saying that they are anything
special, just different enough from the competition. In fact, ask most
ex-pat Canadians what they miss and Harvey's will be on the list (along with
Aero bars and decent beer .

The burger was the just fine, but it looks like Harveys has changed their
fries to good old generic frozen... bah. Half the reason for going there is
gone.

Bob

"TJ" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:26:17 -0400, Steve Calvin
> > wrote:
>

> >Interesting post. How much do they charge for one up there?

> If my memory serves me right the regular Burgher is around 3.00
> Canadian (2.35 US appx) and the Big Harv I think is 4.00 Can.
> >
> >The "recipe" sounded good until I got to the "well done" part you lost
> >me. I'll go medium but not well but to each their own.

> I hear you. When I cook a rack shoulder or leg of Lamb, A Beef
> Tenderloin Roast, or Beef Tenderloin Steaks, Rib Eye Steaks, Prime Rib
> Roast.......I cook it as rare as possible......The meat is right there
> in front of you and nobody has messed with it.....at least in terms of
> what you see.....but Hamburgher? .....is basically ground meat that
> can contain all kinds of stuff...... Who knows what is in that
> assortment of meats that make up a hamburgher pattie? I am leary for
> health reasons to eat Burghers rare or medium......Do you eat your
> burghers rare and medium ?
>
> Even if Loblaws, Presidents Choice Prime Rib Burghers taste somewhat
> like Prime Rib.....and they are delicious......tasting good and being
> delicious with ground meat can be achieved in a lot of ways that might
> not always include elements that are healthy when undercooked......I
> think....That's why I suggested cook the Burgher well done ......just
> to be safe....
>
> TJ

Bob Westcott

"TJ" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:26:17 -0400, Steve Calvin
> > wrote:
>

> >Interesting post. How much do they charge for one up there?

> If my memory serves me right the regular Burgher is around 3.00
> Canadian (2.35 US appx) and the Big Harv I think is 4.00 Can.
> >
> >The "recipe" sounded good until I got to the "well done" part you lost
> >me. I'll go medium but not well but to each their own.

> I hear you. When I cook a rack shoulder or leg of Lamb, A Beef
> Tenderloin Roast, or Beef Tenderloin Steaks, Rib Eye Steaks, Prime Rib
> Roast.......I cook it as rare as possible......The meat is right there
> in front of you and nobody has messed with it.....at least in terms of
> what you see.....but Hamburgher? .....is basically ground meat that
> can contain all kinds of stuff...... Who knows what is in that
> assortment of meats that make up a hamburgher pattie? I am leary for
> health reasons to eat Burghers rare or medium......Do you eat your
> burghers rare and medium ?
>
> Even if Loblaws, Presidents Choice Prime Rib Burghers taste somewhat
> like Prime Rib.....and they are delicious......tasting good and being
> delicious with ground meat can be achieved in a lot of ways that might
> not always include elements that are healthy when undercooked......I
> think....That's why I suggested cook the Burgher well done ......just
> to be safe....
>
> TJ

kilikini

"Bob Westcott" > wrote in message
> Well, this thread made me stop at Harvey's yesterday for a burger. Having
> lived in the US and in Canada, I can honestly say there is nothing
> equivalent in the states to Harveys. Not saying that they are anything
> special, just different enough from the competition. In fact, ask most
> ex-pat Canadians what they miss and Harvey's will be on the list (along

with
> Aero bars and decent beer .
>
> The burger was the just fine, but it looks like Harveys has changed their
> fries to good old generic frozen... bah. Half the reason for going there

is
> gone.
>

> Bob

Okay, can someone PLEASE tell me what's so different between Harvey's and
let's say Burger King or Jack in the Box? I went to their website, but it's
not informative as to what goes on what burger or anything.

kili

PENMART01

>"kilikini" writes:
>
>Okay, can someone PLEASE tell me what's so different between Harvey's and
>let's say Burger King or Jack in the Box? I went to their website, but it's
>not informative as to what goes on what burger or anything.

All you really need to know is that they're all of the same fercocktah Mystery
Meat.

Didja know that it wasn't too many years ago when there was no prepared/canned
pet food, the family pet ate table scraps, and there was no mystery meat; folks
ground their own, or patronized a local independant butcher where one chose the
piece of meat thay disired to be ground and the grinder was right there on the
counter in full view. Many years passed before folks began trusting commercial
pet food enough (fools) to make its producers have viable companys. Today pet
food is a HUGE industry but those who genuinely care about their pets (and
there really aren't all that many) would not consider feeding them anything
they themselves wouldn't eat, nor would they send them off to eat filth (and
worse) to some stinkin' kennel to be traumatized. Anyone who will consume
mystery meat burgers is in fact eating nothing better than canned pet food.

Why folks so strongly resist grinding meat themselves, a task no more difficult
than scrambling an egg, is something I cannot fathom, other than that they are
total pinheads, and without any doubt whatsover can't cook a whit... yoose who
cook mystery meat I don't want to eat anything you cook... yer a filthy dirty
slob.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>"kilikini" writes:
>
>Okay, can someone PLEASE tell me what's so different between Harvey's and
>let's say Burger King or Jack in the Box? I went to their website, but it's
>not informative as to what goes on what burger or anything.

All you really need to know is that they're all of the same fercocktah Mystery
Meat.

Didja know that it wasn't too many years ago when there was no prepared/canned
pet food, the family pet ate table scraps, and there was no mystery meat; folks
ground their own, or patronized a local independant butcher where one chose the
piece of meat thay disired to be ground and the grinder was right there on the
counter in full view. Many years passed before folks began trusting commercial
pet food enough (fools) to make its producers have viable companys. Today pet
food is a HUGE industry but those who genuinely care about their pets (and
there really aren't all that many) would not consider feeding them anything
they themselves wouldn't eat, nor would they send them off to eat filth (and
worse) to some stinkin' kennel to be traumatized. Anyone who will consume
mystery meat burgers is in fact eating nothing better than canned pet food.

Why folks so strongly resist grinding meat themselves, a task no more difficult
than scrambling an egg, is something I cannot fathom, other than that they are
total pinheads, and without any doubt whatsover can't cook a whit... yoose who
cook mystery meat I don't want to eat anything you cook... yer a filthy dirty
slob.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Dave Smith

kilikini wrote:

> Okay, can someone PLEASE tell me what's so different between Harvey's and
> let's say Burger King or Jack in the Box? I went to their website, but it's
> not informative as to what goes on what burger or anything.

Harveys burgers are bigger and better.

Dave Smith

kilikini wrote:

> Okay, can someone PLEASE tell me what's so different between Harvey's and
> let's say Burger King or Jack in the Box? I went to their website, but it's
> not informative as to what goes on what burger or anything.

Harveys burgers are bigger and better.

PENMART01

>Dave Smith grunts:
>
>>kilikini wrote:
>>
>> Okay, can someone PLEASE tell me what's so different between Harvey's and
>> let's say Burger King or Jack in the Box? I went to their website, but

>it's
>> not informative as to what goes on what burger or anything.

>Harveys burgers are bigger and better.

Bigger and better... so's a healthy dump.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>Dave Smith grunts:
>
>>kilikini wrote:
>>
>> Okay, can someone PLEASE tell me what's so different between Harvey's and
>> let's say Burger King or Jack in the Box? I went to their website, but

>it's
>> not informative as to what goes on what burger or anything.

>Harveys burgers are bigger and better.

Bigger and better... so's a healthy dump.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Gregory Morrow

PENMART01 wrote:

> Why folks so strongly resist grinding meat themselves, a task no more

difficult
> than scrambling an egg, is something I cannot fathom, other than that they

are
> total pinheads, and without any doubt whatsover can't cook a whit... yoose

who
> cook mystery meat I don't want to eat anything you cook... yer a filthy

dirty
> slob.

Well there Sheldon I guess I won't have you over tomorrow night for my
ratatouille then...lol...

--
Best
Greg