Mark Thorson

Default Ever Do This With Your Champion Juicer ???

I'm thinking of cutting some round steak into 1-inch cubes,
broiling them, then running them through my Champion juicer.

Has anyone ever done something like that?
I'm very curious what would result, but I'm
concerned that the juicer might jam or something.
I think people run ginger root through Champion
juicers, right? Surely ginger would be more difficult
to process than broiled meat, right?

Goomba

Why? No teeth?

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> I'm thinking of cutting some round steak into 1-inch cubes,
> broiling them, then running them through my Champion juicer.
>
> Has anyone ever done something like that?
> I'm very curious what would result, but I'm
> concerned that the juicer might jam or something.
> I think people run ginger root through Champion
> juicers, right? Surely ginger would be more difficult
> to process than broiled meat, right?

Mark Thorson

Goomba wrote:

> Why? No teeth?

No, I'm experimenting with meat juice. I want to compare
juice made in a juicer vs. juice from a meat press. I want
to see whether sauces can be made that keep the flavor
of freshly roasted meat, as compared to overcooked meat
sauces made in the usual way.

I went to Whole Foods today to try to buy beef, but they
didn't have organic beef -- only so-called "natural" beef
which could be anything. Since the USDA report that
said BSE is here to stay in American herds, I've stopped
eating beef that isn't organic, which so far has meant that
I haven't had any beef.

Mark Thorson