Joanne

Default eel farm

Hi to all,

I am new here but have enjoyed reading your posts, some more then others.

I am wondering if any one here has ever heard of an eel farm in New
Brunswick??? I overheard some people talk in a store about some fresh eels
they ordered from New Brunswick and smoked themselves.

Checking on Google I can not find any info about eel farms other then that
" yes , there is an eel industry there.

I would like to find an address where we could order some ourselves.

thank you , Joanne in Ontario

Jonathan Sachs

"Joanne" > wrote:

>I am wondering if any one here has ever heard of an eel farm in New
>Brunswick??? I overheard some people talk in a store about some fresh eels
>they ordered from New Brunswick and smoked themselves.
>
>Checking on Google I can not find any info about eel farms other then that
>" yes , there is an eel industry there.

There's no rule that says you have to give up if Google doesn't tell
you everything you need to know.

I found the same document you probably did, a research report with
three named authors. Note that the end of the report presents
references by all three of the authors, with contact information. It
should not be difficult to locate at least one of the authors by
email, mail, or phone. Chances are that if you ask nicely they'll be
tickled to help, even though your interest is rather tangential to
their research!

My mail address is jsachs177 at earthlink dot net.
Dave Smith

Joanne wrote:

> I am new here but have enjoyed reading your posts, some more then others.
>
> I am wondering if any one here has ever heard of an eel farm in New
> Brunswick??? I overheard some people talk in a store about some fresh eels
> they ordered from New Brunswick and smoked themselves.
>
> Checking on Google I can not find any info about eel farms other then that
> " yes , there is an eel industry there.
>
> I would like to find an address where we could order some ourselves.

I don't know if there is an eel farm, but they do catch eels, and there must be
some source for live eels because I saw them for sale at the Zehrs grocery
store in Welland last Christmas.

LIMEYNO1

And I've seen them at Fortinos SuperCentre's too.

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> Joanne wrote:
>

> > I am new here but have enjoyed reading your posts, some more then

others.

> > I am wondering if any one here has ever heard of an eel farm in New
> > Brunswick??? I overheard some people talk in a store about some fresh

eels
> > they ordered from New Brunswick and smoked themselves.
> >
> > Checking on Google I can not find any info about eel farms other then

that
> > " yes , there is an eel industry there.
> >
> > I would like to find an address where we could order some ourselves.

> I don't know if there is an eel farm, but they do catch eels, and there

must be
> some source for live eels because I saw them for sale at the Zehrs grocery
> store in Welland last Christmas.

Peggy

LIMEYNO1 wrote:
> And I've seen them at Fortinos SuperCentre's too.
>
> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>
>>Joanne wrote:
>>

>>>I am new here but have enjoyed reading your posts, some more then

> others.
>
>>>I am wondering if any one here has ever heard of an eel farm in New
>>>Brunswick??? I overheard some people talk in a store about some fresh

> eels
>
>>>they ordered from New Brunswick and smoked themselves.
>>>
>>>Checking on Google I can not find any info about eel farms other then

> that
>
>>>" yes , there is an eel industry there.
>>>
>>>I would like to find an address where we could order some ourselves.

>>I don't know if there is an eel farm, but they do catch eels, and there

> must be
>
>>some source for live eels because I saw them for sale at the Zehrs grocery
>>store in Welland last Christmas.

New Brunswick Maine? New Brunswick Georgia? Where are you?
Peg

Farm Boy Brooklyn1 General Cooking 0 24-05-2011 01:08 PM
$750,000 To Buy A Ranch Or Farm Allen Asian Cooking 0 23-06-2005 01:46 AM
goodies from the farm! Kate Connally General Cooking 2 21-06-2005 08:27 PM
No need for farm animals. Jonathan Ball Vegan 636 21-02-2004 08:17 PM
A day on the farm Boron Elgar General Cooking 30 05-11-2003 06:35 AM