Suzanne

Default Question for all the Middle Eastern cuisine gurus

Can anyone tell me what the Arabic name is for those sugar-coated
garbonzo beans? They are deeelish!! You can also get them without the
sugar coating. You eat these things like you would peanuts. I bought
some in a middle-east-type bakery where they sold spinich pies and
fresh baked Syrian bread and the like. The clerk didn't know what they
were called. I'm certain that phonetically in English the name of this
snack would start with a "D". I can't find anything on the net about
them either. Anybody know the name?
Thanks,
Victor Sack

Suzanne > wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what the Arabic name is for those sugar-coated
> garbonzo beans?

Don't know the Arabic name, sorry, but the Turkish name seems to be
'sekar kapli leblebi'.

Victor