Nancree

Default Drinking Water--Reverse osmosis filter

the thread about bottled water

I have a reverse-osmosis water filter under my kitchen sink. I love it. The
water tastes great. I have had it for about 10 years--got it at Price Club,
now Costco. I have it serviced once a year. If you have a large family you'll
probably have to change filters more often. Worth every penny.
Nancree
PENMART01

>(Nancree) writes:
>
> the thread about bottled water
>
>I have a reverse-osmosis water filter under my kitchen sink.

Me too, under my sink but a little lower, it's in my basement

>I love it.

Me too.

>The water tastes great.

Mine too.

I have it serviced once a year.

Me too.

>If you have a large family you'll probably have to change filters more often.

For greater than average consumption it's better to obtain a unit of larger
capacity. Aside from shorter periods between service the storage tank will
often be empty. The next increment sized unit costs very little more,
certainly less than extra servicing.

>Worth every penny.

You bet... produces a far superiour product than bottled water and at a cost of
less than a penny a gallon... and no lugging/storing jugs.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

>(Nancree) writes:
>
> the thread about bottled water
>
>I have a reverse-osmosis water filter under my kitchen sink.

Me too, under my sink but a little lower, it's in my basement

>I love it.

Me too.

>The water tastes great.

Mine too.

Nancree > wrote:
> the thread about bottled water

> I have a reverse-osmosis water filter under my kitchen sink. I love it. The
> water tastes great. I have had it for about 10 years--got it at Price Club,
> now Costco. I have it serviced once a year. If you have a large family you'll
> probably have to change filters more often. Worth every penny.

It depends on the quality of your tap water. As Consumer Reports said, if
your water quality is okay, there's no point in paying to filter it. Best
to get a water test before investing in an expensive water filter.
PENMART01

>I love ours. I have ours serviced about every 12 months also. The tap water
>here is lousy and the filter really helps clean it up. I buy those water
>bottles and keep some in the fridge all the time.
>
>Michael

I use RO water to make ice cubes. When I want cold water I pop a few RO ice
cubes in a glass and top with fresh RO water from its tap at my kitchen sink...
I don't like drinking water stored in the fridge, it can be there for days,
even weeks... gets stale. Of course this time of year I usually top off those
RO cubes with gin and tonic.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

>I love ours. I have ours serviced about every 12 months also. The tap water
>here is lousy and the filter really helps clean it up. I buy those water
>bottles and keep some in the fridge all the time.
>
>Michael

I use RO water to make ice cubes. When I want cold water I pop a few RO ice
cubes in a glass and top with fresh RO water from its tap at my kitchen sink...
I don't like drinking water stored in the fridge, it can be there for days,
even weeks... gets stale. Of course this time of year I usually top off those
RO cubes with gin and tonic.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>I have a reverse-osmosis water filter under my kitchen sink. I love it. The
>water tastes great. I have had it for about 10 years--got it at Price Club,

I got mine (Premier - from Sam's Club) three years ago
My Florida water is terrible and tastes of chlorine, but the RO filter
makes it taste just fine.
I paid $150 for it. I think they go for $159 now, and the filters I
order on line are $20 for the whole set.

Best money I ever spent.
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>I have a reverse-osmosis water filter under my kitchen sink. I love it. The
>water tastes great. I have had it for about 10 years--got it at Price Club,

I got mine (Premier - from Sam's Club) three years ago
My Florida water is terrible and tastes of chlorine, but the RO filter
makes it taste just fine.
I paid $150 for it. I think they go for $159 now, and the filters I
order on line are $20 for the whole set.

Best money I ever spent.
Richard Periut

PENMART01 wrote:
>>(Nancree) writes:
>>
>> the thread about bottled water
>>
>>I have a reverse-osmosis water filter under my kitchen sink.

> Me too, under my sink but a little lower, it's in my basement
>

>>I love it.

> Me too.
>

>>The water tastes great.

> Mine too.
>
> I have it serviced once a year.
>
> Me too.
>

>>If you have a large family you'll probably have to change filters more often.

> For greater than average consumption it's better to obtain a unit of larger
> capacity. Aside from shorter periods between service the storage tank will
> often be empty. The next increment sized unit costs very little more,
> certainly less than extra servicing.
>

>>Worth every penny.

> You bet... produces a far superiour product than bottled water and at a cost of
> less than a penny a gallon... and no lugging/storing jugs.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon

The trick to membrane life is to change the pre filter (carbon based)
often. Q 6 months for mine. The membrane is very sensitive to the
water's chlorine.

I use mine for personal consumption (drinking, cooking,) and for my
coral reef tank (losses and water changes.)

Sometimes I add a little magnesium and calcium to give it the body of
mineral water.

Richard Periut