PENMART01

Default Gobble Gobble Burp!

Turkey & Gravy Soda on Thanksgiving Table

SEATTLE (Nov. 21) - Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixings: cranberry sauce,
stuffing and turkey gravy flavored soda. Yummy?

In the latest food fad to emerge in the United States, Seattle specialty soda
maker Jones Soda Co. scored a hit this week with the introduction of a limited
batch of Turkey & Gravy-flavored soda.

The tan-colored soda sold out in just three hours after an initial batch was
put up for sale on its Web site Friday, a spokeswoman for the company said.

Proceeds from the online sale, where two bottles of Turkey & Gravy soda sold
for about $11, were donated to Toys for Tots, a children's charity. Local
retailers will start selling the soda from Monday.

Jones Soda said it would be up to local stores to set prices for Turkey & Gravy
soda. Other sodas from the company typically cost $1 to $1.50.

Thanksgiving, a U.S. holiday that falls on the fourth Thursday of November,
typically features a dinner with turkey, gravy and other condiments.

Turkey & Gravy soda tastes like a Thanksgiving dinner, but contains no meat
extracts, Jones Soda said.

This isn't the company's first experiment in exotic carbonation. Fish tacos and
ham flavors have also been offered as promotional soda flavors. Jones Soda said
it will continue to introduce other unusual soda flavors.

Other flavors offered by Jones Soda include green apple, bubblegum and crushed
melon.

11/21/03 20:50 ET

Copyright 2003 Reuters Limited.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Jack Schidt®

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> Turkey & Gravy Soda on Thanksgiving Table

I'm telling ya, Pork Soda is not far behind

Jack Scrapple

Puester

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> "PENMART01" > wrote in message
> > Turkey & Gravy Soda on Thanksgiving Table

> I'm telling ya, Pork Soda is not far behind
>
> Jack Scrapple

Sounds like a challenge for Emeril "Pork Fat Rules" Lagasse!

gloria p
Nancy Young

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> I'm telling ya, Pork Soda is not far behind

I already said, I'm looking for it as a gag (no pun intended) for
Thanksgiving dinner at my sil's. Anyone know where to get it?
Like, what kind of store?

nancy
Z GIRL

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> Turkey & Gravy Soda on Thanksgiving Table
>
> SEATTLE (Nov. 21) - Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixings: cranberry

sauce,
> stuffing and turkey gravy flavored soda. Yummy?
>
> In the latest food fad to emerge in the United States, Seattle specialty

soda
> maker Jones Soda Co. scored a hit this week with the introduction of a

limited
> batch of Turkey & Gravy-flavored soda.
>
> The tan-colored soda sold out in just three hours after an initial batch

was
> put up for sale on its Web site Friday, a spokeswoman for the company

said.

> Proceeds from the online sale, where two bottles of Turkey & Gravy soda

sold
> for about $11, were donated to Toys for Tots, a children's charity. Local
> retailers will start selling the soda from Monday.
>
> Jones Soda said it would be up to local stores to set prices for Turkey &

Gravy
> soda. Other sodas from the company typically cost $1 to $1.50.
>
> Thanksgiving, a U.S. holiday that falls on the fourth Thursday of

November,
> typically features a dinner with turkey, gravy and other condiments.
>
> Turkey & Gravy soda tastes like a Thanksgiving dinner, but contains no

meat
> extracts, Jones Soda said.
>
> This isn't the company's first experiment in exotic carbonation. Fish

tacos and
> ham flavors have also been offered as promotional soda flavors. Jones Soda

said
> it will continue to introduce other unusual soda flavors.
>
> Other flavors offered by Jones Soda include green apple, bubblegum and

crushed
> melon.
>
> 11/21/03 20:50 ET
>
> Copyright 2003 Reuters Limited.

A representitive from Jones soda was a guest on the classic rock radio
station I listen to earlier this week.
The 2 djs on ths show tried the turkey and gravy flavor soda and commented
that it tasted just like cream soda.

peace,
Barbara

> ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> Sheldon
> ````````````
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

PENMART01

In article >, Nancy Young

Next year: http://www.jonessodastore.com

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon

GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE Brooklyn1 General Cooking 11 29-11-2015 09:26 PM
BLIMPS REJOICE! "Grilled" At KFC Means You Can Gobble More Pieces OfChicken Than The Original "Boogies On A Bone" Fried Artery-Cloggers! Lil' Barb Barbecue 4 18-05-2009 11:22 PM
Burp JoeSpareBedroom General Cooking 9 01-10-2007 04:45 PM
gobble gobble.... it's turkey time in Canada 2 questions on Pumpkin pie toolguy General Cooking 6 09-10-2003 04:05 PM