L Mehl

Default eggs with flavor - source in San Francisco - San Jose area

Hello --

Eggs from Costco, Safeway, Trader Joes have no flavor!

Can anyone suggest sources or brands of eggs which have flavor?

Thanks for any information.

LM

---

Bob

LM asked:

> Eggs from Costco, Safeway, Trader Joes have no flavor!
>
> Can anyone suggest sources or brands of eggs which have flavor?
>
> Thanks for any information.

Buy organic and FRESH. At Farmers' Markets you can often get eggs that were
laid only a few hours ago. In my town, Farmers' Markets only take place
during the summer, but I talked to a farmer selling eggs, found out where
his farm is, and now I can get fresh eggs year-round.

In general, the faster the turnover at a store, the fresher the eggs will
be. If I don't feel like driving out to the aforementioned farm, I buy the
"California's Finest Eggs" brand at my local Safeway. I just had three of
them for breakfast, and they were chock-full of eggy goodness.

If that doesn't suit you, then let your eggs ripen for about a month.
They'll be LOADED with flavor after that.

Bob

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:25:31 GMT, "L Mehl" >
wrote:

>Hello --
>
>Eggs from Costco, Safeway, Trader Joes have no flavor!
>
>Can anyone suggest sources or brands of eggs which have flavor?
>
>Thanks for any information.
>
>LM

I live a fur piece away from SF, but here in Cow Hill, TX, I can get
organic free range eggs from a local producer. The yolks are deep
yellow, almost orange. (A pound cake made with them is a wonderful
color.) And the taste is very good. I'd suggest you look around for
similar eggs out there in the Bay area. Almost certainly they will be
available in your area.

modom
anna maria

L Mehl wrote:
> Hello --
>
> Eggs from Costco, Safeway, Trader Joes have no flavor!
>
> Can anyone suggest sources or brands of eggs which have flavor?
>
> Thanks for any information.
>
> LM
>

> ---

i normally buy in traders joe the golden eggs from healty horizons. they
have fairly good flavor compared to the normal grocery store eggs, and
they look good (yellow) when making pasta or custard. now, after you
posted i was reading the package and says "GOLDEN EGGS are produced
using a diet containing Naturax an all-natural antioxydany and vitamin
E source. The Naturax trademark... etc etc" does that mean that the
chicken are fed some sort of colorant? i hope not! i tryed to find
naturax on yahoo and google but came up with nothing. maybe somebody can
help? what the heck are they feeding chicken?

ciao, anna maria

www.annamariavolpi.com

L Mehl

Thanks Bob and Anna Maria --

I will look at those brands. There is a Safeway and TJs very near my house.

Larry

"L Mehl" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Hello --
>
> Eggs from Costco, Safeway, Trader Joes have no flavor!
>
> Can anyone suggest sources or brands of eggs which have flavor?
>
> Thanks for any information.
>
> LM
>

> ---

---