Bob

Default eggs with flavor - source in San Francisco - San Jose area

LM asked:

> Eggs from Costco, Safeway, Trader Joes have no flavor!
>
> Can anyone suggest sources or brands of eggs which have flavor?
>
> Thanks for any information.

Buy organic and FRESH. At Farmers' Markets you can often get eggs that were
laid only a few hours ago. In my town, Farmers' Markets only take place
during the summer, but I talked to a farmer selling eggs, found out where
his farm is, and now I can get fresh eggs year-round.

In general, the faster the turnover at a store, the fresher the eggs will
be. If I don't feel like driving out to the aforementioned farm, I buy the
"California's Finest Eggs" brand at my local Safeway. I just had three of
them for breakfast, and they were chock-full of eggy goodness.

If that doesn't suit you, then let your eggs ripen for about a month.
They'll be LOADED with flavor after that.

Bob