Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What ro do with bad apple juice?

I have couple of gallons of apple juice (no preservatives) that got
forgotten in the back of the refrig for too long.....I just opened one to
check and there is some mould on the surface. Can this be used for
something? Could it be used for vinegar possibly?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>I have couple of gallons of apple juice (no preservatives) that got
> forgotten in the back of the refrig for too long.....I just opened one to
> check and there is some mould on the surface. Can this be used for
> something? Could it be used for vinegar possibly?

Use it to check your drains to see if they flow properly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 7, 2:12*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> >I have couple of gallons of apple juice (no preservatives) that got
> > forgotten in the back of the refrig for too long.....I just opened one to
> > check and there is some mould on the surface. *Can this be used for
> > something? *Could it be used for vinegar possibly?

> Use it to check your drains to see if they flow properly.

Great.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> >I have couple of gallons of apple juice (no preservatives) that got
> > forgotten in the back of the refrig for too long.....I just opened one to
> > check and there is some mould on the surface. Can this be used for
> > something? Could it be used for vinegar possibly?

> Nope Vinegar is made from alcohol.
>
> :-(

Actually, the alcohol is an intermediate step. The sugar in apple juice
gets converted to alcohol by yeast, and then the bacteria take over and
convert it into vinegar. Still, I wouldn't want to start the process
with moldy apple juice. Plus, apple cider vinegar is really cheap.
Finally, what the heck would you do with two gallons of it?

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 7, 1:33*pm, wrote:
> I have couple of gallons of apple juice (no preservatives) that got
> forgotten in the back of the refrig for too long.....I just opened one to
> check and there is some mould on the surface. *Can this be used for
> something? *Could it be used for vinegar possibly?

When I was in Vancouver, I ran into a guy who had a few gallons of
methadone in his fridge that he forgot about. I asked him if he
wanted me to check it out. He said sure. If you got the funds. Well
it turns out I didn't have the funds and he went on to bigger and
better things. Methadone can get you high as shit the first couple of
times. It tends to build a tolerance rather quickly.
I'm glad I'm out of the junk scene. I used to party with junk all the
time until I found out where she was really comin' from.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 7, 2:23*pm, garden-variety dick >
wrote:
> On Dec 7, 1:33*pm, wrote:
>
> > I have couple of gallons of apple juice (no preservatives) that got
> > forgotten in the back of the refrig for too long.....I just opened one to
> > check and there is some mould on the surface. *Can this be used for
> > something? *Could it be used for vinegar possibly?

> When I was in Vancouver, I ran into a guy who had a few gallons of
> methadone in his fridge that he forgot about. *I asked him if he
> wanted me to check it out. *He said sure. *If you got the funds. *Well
> it turns out I didn't have the funds and he went on to bigger and
> better things. *Methadone can get you high as shit the first couple of
> times. *It tends to build a tolerance rather quickly.
> I'm glad I'm out of the junk scene. *I used to party with junk all the
> time until I found out where she was really comin' from.

What's that got to do with apple juice?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Dan Abel > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Dimitri" > wrote:
>
> > > wrote in message
> > >I have couple of gallons of apple juice (no preservatives) that got
> > > forgotten in the back of the refrig for too long.....I just opened one to
> > > check and there is some mould on the surface. Can this be used for
> > > something? Could it be used for vinegar possibly?

> > Nope Vinegar is made from alcohol.
> >
> > :-(

> Actually, the alcohol is an intermediate step. The sugar in apple juice
> gets converted to alcohol by yeast, and then the bacteria take over and
> convert it into vinegar. Still, I wouldn't want to start the process
> with moldy apple juice. Plus, apple cider vinegar is really cheap.
> Finally, what the heck would you do with two gallons of it?

I've been brewing Apple Cider Vinegar by the gallon because it's handy
used in Marinades. :-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 8, 2:33*am, wrote:
> I have couple of gallons of apple juice (no preservatives) that got
> forgotten in the back of the refrig for too long.....I just opened one to
> check and there is some mould on the surface. *Can this be used for
> something? *Could it be used for vinegar possibly?

down the drains or toilet bowl
before flush or rinse add a fair amount (say half a cup) of Bi
carbonate of Soda

then rinse flush

Other than that just ditch it or if you have a worm farm give it
to the worms
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"hoser1605" > wrote in message
On Dec 7, 2:12 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> > wrote in message

> >I have couple of gallons of apple juice (no preservatives) that got
> > forgotten in the back of the refrig for too long.....I just opened one
> > check and there is some mould on the surface. Can this be used for
> > something? Could it be used for vinegar possibly?

> Use it to check your drains to see if they flow properly.

>Great.

Oh come on, throw that shit away and ask some real questions.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 14:54:56 -0600, Omelet wrote:
>
>> I'd dump that apple juice down the drain with no hesitation. If in
>> doubt, toss it out. A $3.00 bottle of juice is not worth a $100.00 ER
>> co-pay...
>>
>> or a 10K funeral.

> Does the hospital still send you bill if you die in the emergency
> room?
>
> -sw

Yes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 14:54:56 -0600, Omelet wrote:
>
>> I'd dump that apple juice down the drain with no hesitation. If in
>> doubt, toss it out. A $3.00 bottle of juice is not worth a $100.00 ER
>> co-pay...
>>
>> or a 10K funeral.

> Does the hospital still send you bill if you die in the emergency
> room? What other fees to that tack on for dying?

Yes. The ambulance service does too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 14:54:56 -0600, Omelet wrote:
>
> > I'd dump that apple juice down the drain with no hesitation. If in
> > doubt, toss it out. A $3.00 bottle of juice is not worth a $100.00 ER
> > co-pay...
> >
> > or a 10K funeral.

> Does the hospital still send you bill if you die in the emergency
> room?

Your "estate".

> What other fees to that tack on for dying?
>
> -sw

Same as any other fees for surviving it...
Hospitals and doctors will always bill dead people.
Ask me how I know. :-(
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Sqwertz > wrote:
>On Mon, 07 Dec 2009 14:54:56 -0600, Omelet wrote:
>
>> I'd dump that apple juice down the drain with no hesitation. If in
>> doubt, toss it out. A $3.00 bottle of juice is not worth a $100.00 ER
>> co-pay...
>>
>> or a 10K funeral.

>Does the hospital still send you bill if you die in the emergency
>room?

I doubt that they would achieve much by sending it to "you". :-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Pits09 > wrote:
>On Dec 8, 2:33=A0am, wrote:
>> I have couple of gallons of apple juice (no preservatives) that got
>> forgotten in the back of the refrig for too long.....I just opened one to
>> check and there is some mould on the surface. =A0Can this be used for
>> something? =A0Could it be used for vinegar possibly?

>down the drains or toilet bowl
>before flush or rinse add a fair amount (say half a cup) of Bi
>carbonate of Soda
>
>then rinse flush
>
>Other than that just ditch it or if you have a worm farm give it
>to the worms

What have you got against spineless animals?

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Apple cider vs. apple juice -- what's the difference? [email protected] General Cooking 0 06-10-2015 02:20 PM
Apple juice Dave Balderstone Preserving 9 26-08-2010 12:41 AM
apple juice dilution? Wm Watt Preserving 1 06-08-2006 02:12 AM
apple juice Hugh Willmer Winemaking 1 07-11-2005 01:51 AM
Apple Juice To Sweeten Apple Wine genekay Winemaking 5 18-11-2003 08:34 PM