Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Best bit of action you've seen in a resto

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> There are peeps I do feel sorry for, mainly the women. Aggressive
> male panhandlers - and there are a coupla female ones too - deserve
> *nothing*. Some of the aggressive ones hang out at the Starbucks
> across the way, I've overhead them bragging about the money they
> make, it is not an inconsiderable amount in some cases. On a nice
> busy day, say when there's a Cubs game (we are by Wrigley Field here
> in Chicawgo) they can clear a hundred bux, EASY. Use the money you
> MOOCH from others to BUY some food, don't be mooching from those of
> us that work and put our own time and money and effort into putting
> these do's on.. .

I was taken aback by the panhandling in Chicago. I've never crossed
the street in NYC to avoid being accosted for money. I don't know
what's up with that. On the way out of town, they were working the
train. It was more than annoying, you felt like you'd better fork over
a couple bucks.

Loved the art museum! Heh.

nancy