Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Oops I did it again

Made far too many cookies, with somewhat dubious results.

First up were the cinnamon meringues. Basic meringue with a little
cinnamon added to the sugar before adding that into the egg whites.
Made the mistake of trying to increase the temperature, and got
meringues with a big air bubble in the middle that were easily
broken. Tasted great.

Next were a double-ginger snap from Real Simple's month of cookies,
Nov 3. I used margarine due to milk allergies in some of my
recipients. Baked them the recommended time, they were hard as
rocks. Great for dipping in coffee or tea, but not for nibbling.
Backed off on the time twice. Last batch didn't set in the middle.

Last were the Quaker Oats Chewy Choco-nut cookies sans nuts and
chocolate but with cranberries. My Mom used to make them with
margarine. Her's were always little pyramids that were soft and
chewy. She used old fashioned oats. I use margarine and old
fashioned oats. I chilled the dough. I ended up with very very flat
cookies. Same as always. I love oatmeal cookies, but don't want them
this flat.

24 dozen in all. And it's not even midwinter.....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
maxine in ri > wrote:

> Made far too many cookies, with somewhat dubious results.
>
> First up were the cinnamon meringues. Basic meringue with a little
> cinnamon added to the sugar before adding that into the egg whites.
> Made the mistake of trying to increase the temperature, and got
> meringues with a big air bubble in the middle that were easily
> broken. Tasted great.
>
> Next were a double-ginger snap from Real Simple's month of cookies,
> Nov 3. I used margarine due to milk allergies in some of my
> recipients. Baked them the recommended time, they were hard as
> rocks. Great for dipping in coffee or tea, but not for nibbling.
> Backed off on the time twice. Last batch didn't set in the middle.
>
> Last were the Quaker Oats Chewy Choco-nut cookies sans nuts and
> chocolate but with cranberries. My Mom used to make them with
> margarine. Her's were always little pyramids that were soft and
> chewy. She used old fashioned oats. I use margarine and old
> fashioned oats. I chilled the dough. I ended up with very very flat
> cookies. Same as always. I love oatmeal cookies, but don't want them
> this flat.
>
> 24 dozen in all. And it's not even midwinter.....

Freeze 'em for christmas gifts? <g>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 7, 10:10*pm, maxine in ri > wrote:
> Made far too many cookies, with somewhat dubious results.
>
> First up were the cinnamon meringues. *Basic meringue with a little
> cinnamon added to the sugar before adding that into the egg whites.
> Made the mistake of trying to increase the temperature, and got
> meringues with a big air bubble in the middle that were easily
> broken. *Tasted great.
>
> Next were a double-ginger snap from Real Simple's month of cookies,
> Nov 3. *I used margarine due to milk allergies in some of my
> recipients. *Baked them the recommended time, they were hard as
> rocks. *Great for dipping in coffee or tea, but not for nibbling.
> Backed off on the time twice. *Last batch didn't set in the middle.
>
> Last were the Quaker Oats Chewy Choco-nut cookies sans nuts and
> chocolate but with cranberries. *My Mom used to make them with
> margarine. *Her's were always little pyramids that were soft and
> chewy. *She used old fashioned oats. *I use margarine and old
> fashioned oats. *I chilled the dough. *I ended up with very very flat
> cookies. *Same as always. *I love oatmeal cookies, but don't want them
> this flat.
>
> 24 dozen in all. *And it's not even midwinter.....

Give your margarine cookies to a homeless shelter. Most of those
folks are to ignorant to know the difference anyway.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 06:33:11 -0800 (PST), --Bryan >
wrote:

>Give your margarine cookies to a homeless shelter. Most of those
>folks are to ignorant to know the difference anyway.

You didn't have to be nasty.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 20:10:11 -0800 (PST), maxine in ri wrote:

> Made far too many cookies, with somewhat dubious results.
>
> First up were the cinnamon meringues. Basic meringue with a little
> cinnamon added to the sugar before adding that into the egg whites.
> Made the mistake of trying to increase the temperature, and got
> meringues with a big air bubble in the middle that were easily
> broken. Tasted great.
>
> Next were a double-ginger snap from Real Simple's month of cookies,
> Nov 3. I used margarine due to milk allergies in some of my
> recipients. Baked them the recommended time, they were hard as
> rocks. Great for dipping in coffee or tea, but not for nibbling.
> Backed off on the time twice. Last batch didn't set in the middle.
>
> Last were the Quaker Oats Chewy Choco-nut cookies sans nuts and
> chocolate but with cranberries. My Mom used to make them with
> margarine. Her's were always little pyramids that were soft and
> chewy. She used old fashioned oats. I use margarine and old
> fashioned oats. I chilled the dough. I ended up with very very flat
> cookies. Same as always. I love oatmeal cookies, but don't want them
> this flat.
>
> 24 dozen in all. And it's not even midwinter.....

they say things come in threes, so all your failures are now over with.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 06:33:11 -0800 (PST), --Bryan >
> wrote:
>
>>Give your margarine cookies to a homeless shelter. Most of those
>>folks are to ignorant to know the difference anyway.

> You didn't have to be nasty.

Yes he did. He's bozoBonoBoBozo and it's what he does best.

> --
> I love cooking with wine.
> Sometimes I even put it in the food. But very rarely IN the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 11:57:39 -0500, "CaveMan" >
wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 06:33:11 -0800 (PST), --Bryan >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Give your margarine cookies to a homeless shelter. Most of those
>>>folks are to ignorant to know the difference anyway.

>> You didn't have to be nasty.

>Yes he did. He's bozoBonoBoBozo and it's what he does best.

He's not that Brian. Bryan is usually a class act. I didn't notice
his address for a long time either and had them mixed up for a while
too.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"POSCaveMan" > wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 06:33:11 -0800 (PST), --Bryan >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Give your margarine cookies to a homeless shelter. Most of those
>>>folks are to ignorant to know the difference anyway.

>>^^^^^^^^^to ignorant?... TOO IGNORANT!

So ignorant even a POScaveman can... ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

>> You didn't have to be nasty.

>Yes he did. He's bozoBonoBoBozo and it's what he does best.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
maxine in ri > wrote:

> Made far too many cookies, with somewhat dubious results.
>
> First up were the cinnamon meringues. Basic meringue with a little
> cinnamon added to the sugar before adding that into the egg whites.
> Made the mistake of trying to increase the temperature, and got
> meringues with a big air bubble in the middle that were easily
> broken. Tasted great.
>
> Next were a double-ginger snap from Real Simple's month of cookies,
> Nov 3. I used margarine due to milk allergies in some of my
> recipients. Baked them the recommended time, they were hard as
> rocks. Great for dipping in coffee or tea, but not for nibbling.
> Backed off on the time twice. Last batch didn't set in the middle.
>
> Last were the Quaker Oats Chewy Choco-nut cookies sans nuts and
> chocolate but with cranberries. My Mom used to make them with
> margarine. Her's were always little pyramids that were soft and
> chewy. She used old fashioned oats. I use margarine and old
> fashioned oats. I chilled the dough. I ended up with very very flat
> cookies. Same as always. I love oatmeal cookies, but don't want them
> this flat.

You're not using watered-down margarine, are you, Maxine?

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Who Said Chickens Have Fingers?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 8, 11:48*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 20:10:11 -0800 (PST), maxine in ri wrote:
> > Made far too many cookies, with somewhat dubious results.

> > First up were the cinnamon meringues. *Basic meringue with a little
> > cinnamon added to the sugar before adding that into the egg whites.
> > Made the mistake of trying to increase the temperature, and got
> > meringues with a big air bubble in the middle that were easily
> > broken. *Tasted great.

> > Next were a double-ginger snap from Real Simple's month of cookies,
> > Nov 3. *I used margarine due to milk allergies in some of my
> > recipients. *Baked them the recommended time, they were hard as
> > rocks. *Great for dipping in coffee or tea, but not for nibbling.
> > Backed off on the time twice. *Last batch didn't set in the middle.

> > Last were the Quaker Oats Chewy Choco-nut cookies sans nuts and
> > chocolate but with cranberries. *My Mom used to make them with
> > margarine. *Her's were always little pyramids that were soft and
> > chewy. *She used old fashioned oats. *I use margarine and old
> > fashioned oats. *I chilled the dough. *I ended up with very very flat
> > cookies. *Same as always. *I love oatmeal cookies, but don't want them
> > this flat.

> > 24 dozen in all. *And it's not even midwinter.....

> they say things come in threes, so all your failures are now over with.
>
> your pal,
> blake

BS-EG

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 8, 10:37*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *maxine in ri > wrote:
>

> > Made far too many cookies, with somewhat dubious results.

> > First up were the cinnamon meringues. *Basic meringue with a little
> > cinnamon added to the sugar before adding that into the egg whites.
> > Made the mistake of trying to increase the temperature, and got
> > meringues with a big air bubble in the middle that were easily
> > broken. *Tasted great.

> > Next were a double-ginger snap from Real Simple's month of cookies,
> > Nov 3. *I used margarine due to milk allergies in some of my
> > recipients. *Baked them the recommended time, they were hard as
> > rocks. *Great for dipping in coffee or tea, but not for nibbling.
> > Backed off on the time twice. *Last batch didn't set in the middle.

> > Last were the Quaker Oats Chewy Choco-nut cookies sans nuts and
> > chocolate but with cranberries. *My Mom used to make them with
> > margarine. *Her's were always little pyramids that were soft and
> > chewy. *She used old fashioned oats. *I use margarine and old
> > fashioned oats. *I chilled the dough. *I ended up with very very flat
> > cookies. *Same as always. *I love oatmeal cookies, but don't want them
> > this flat.

> You're not using watered-down margarine, are you, Maxine?

Fleishmann's salt-free sticks. That's one misteak I don't make<g>.
In scanning the reccomendations at baking911, I may try a small batch
with baking powder instead of soda. Or just break down and buy a can
of Crisco...or the no-trans-fat version of same..

I miss Mom's cookies.

maxine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
maxine in ri > wrote:

> with baking powder instead of soda. Or just break down and buy a can
> of Crisco...or the no-trans-fat version of same..
>
> I miss Mom's cookies.
>
> maxine

I keep the Crisco sticks on hand for those recipes that need it.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Who Said Chickens Have Fingers?
10-30-2009

Oops! Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] General Cooking 17 14-06-2016 10:05 PM
oops, did I go too far? KW[_3_] Preserving 9 28-12-2010 03:14 AM
oops Stormmee Asian Cooking 1 08-04-2010 03:31 AM
Oops, I did it again... maxine in ri General Cooking 73 11-10-2007 12:09 AM