Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Swanson's Stock

I notice Swanson now has a beef "stock" offering (heh) along with their
long-time beef "broth". Anyone tried this? Is it any good? I'm
gonna make some minestrone and wondered if it's worth the approx $3.50
price for 28 ozs.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> I notice Swanson now has a beef "stock" offering (heh) along with their
> long-time beef "broth". Anyone tried this? Is it any good? I'm
> gonna make some minestrone and wondered if it's worth the approx $3.50
> price for 28 ozs.

I haven't seen it. Do they drop a Herbox bouillon cube in every cup?
I'll stick with the old way until the raves come in.
<http://www.swansonbroth.com/brothvsstock.aspx> Well, there you go! I'll
drop the cube in and save the money. I'm not particularly frightened by
the salt argument.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:47:33 GMT, notbob wrote:

> I notice Swanson now has a beef "stock" offering (heh) along with their
> long-time beef "broth". Anyone tried this? Is it any good? I'm
> gonna make some minestrone and wondered if it's worth the approx $3.50
> price for 28 ozs.
>
> nb

haven't tried swanson, but i think you might be better off with 'better
than bouillon,' which for five-six bucks will make you 304 ounces.

<http://www.amazon.com/Better-Than-Bouillon-Beef-Base/dp/B00016LA7U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1257000605&sr=1-4>

your pal,
blake