Old 06-08-2012, 05:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Swanson Flavor Boosts

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 21:34:44 -0500, Sqwertz
wrote:

Swanson "Flavor Boosts" were liquidating at the grocer for $.50/box
(expire in 4 months). Since I was out of chicken base I picked up 3
boxes each of chicken and figured I'd try the vegetable one, too.

These are basically the same thing as Knorr's Concentrated Liquid
Bases that are available for foodservice customers.

http://www.unileverfoodsolutions.us/..._new/knorr/lcb

Swanson's are a little bit saltier, IMO. But a little bit stronger,
too. And they have the disadvantage that they come in the little ~1
tablespoon packets (8 packets to a box)

snip
-sw

What is the recommended amount of liquid for 1 tablespoon of base?
Generally with the paste bases, 1 tablespoon is for 3 cups of liquid.
Janet US

Old 06-08-2012, 07:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Swanson "Flavor Boosts" were liquidating at the grocer for $.50/box
(expire in 4 months). Since I was out of chicken base I picked up 3
boxes each of chicken and figured I'd try the vegetable one, too.

These are basically the same thing as Knorr's Concentrated Liquid
Bases that are available for foodservice customers.

http://www.unileverfoodsolutions.us/..._new/knorr/lcb

Swanson's are a little bit saltier, IMO. But a little bit stronger,
too. And they have the disadvantage that they come in the little ~1
tablespoon packets (8 packets to a box)

snip
-sw

What is the recommended amount of liquid for 1 tablespoon of base?
Generally with the paste bases, 1 tablespoon is for 3 cups of liquid.
Janet US

He's posting about them now - after he had nothing good to say when I
posted about them a few weeks ago? How Romney-esque, but that's
typical of him.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 13:20:13 -0500, Luscious Brown Cow
wrote:

Are you feeling all right lately, Miz Llorente? Because you are
coming off as one loony-tuned, uncontrollable idiot. I'd almost feel
bad pointing out all your faux pas and unwittingly commanding abnormal
amounts of your attention if I knew you were clinically diagnosed as
****ed up in the head.

But until I hear otherwise it will be business as normal. Carry on.

Your normal is insane.

Maitakegold is on sale at Swanson T[_8_] Diabetic 3 02-03-2016 10:44 AM
Swanson's Stock notbob General Cooking 2 31-10-2009 02:54 PM
Swanson Cooking Stock? Nancy Young General Cooking 3 15-08-2008 06:11 AM
Swanson Sun Butter Cookies Jani Paschka Recipes (moderated) 0 31-07-2008 12:16 PM
Swanson Dinner Bill S. Wine 11 27-02-2006 10:32 PM