Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Swanson Flavor Boosts

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 21:34:44 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Swanson "Flavor Boosts" were liquidating at the grocer for $.50/box
>(expire in 4 months). Since I was out of chicken base I picked up 3
>boxes each of chicken and figured I'd try the vegetable one, too.
>
>These are basically the same thing as Knorr's Concentrated Liquid
>Bases that are available for foodservice customers.
>
>http://www.unileverfoodsolutions.us/..._new/knorr/lcb
>
>Swanson's are a little bit saltier, IMO. But a little bit stronger,
>too. And they have the disadvantage that they come in the little ~1
>tablespoon packets (8 packets to a box)

snip
>-sw

What is the recommended amount of liquid for 1 tablespoon of base?
Generally with the paste bases, 1 tablespoon is for 3 cups of liquid.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 22:12:46 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 21:34:44 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >Swanson "Flavor Boosts" were liquidating at the grocer for $.50/box
> >(expire in 4 months). Since I was out of chicken base I picked up 3
> >boxes each of chicken and figured I'd try the vegetable one, too.
> >
> >These are basically the same thing as Knorr's Concentrated Liquid
> >Bases that are available for foodservice customers.
> >
> >http://www.unileverfoodsolutions.us/..._new/knorr/lcb
> >
> >Swanson's are a little bit saltier, IMO. But a little bit stronger,
> >too. And they have the disadvantage that they come in the little ~1
> >tablespoon packets (8 packets to a box)

> snip
> >-sw

> What is the recommended amount of liquid for 1 tablespoon of base?
> Generally with the paste bases, 1 tablespoon is for 3 cups of liquid.
> Janet US

He's posting about them now - after he had nothing good to say when I
posted about them a few weeks ago? How Romney-esque, but that's
typical of him.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 13:20:13 -0500, Luscious Brown Cow
> wrote:

> Are you feeling all right lately, Miz Llorente? Because you are
> coming off as one loony-tuned, uncontrollable idiot. I'd almost feel
> bad pointing out all your faux pas and unwittingly commanding abnormal
> amounts of your attention if I knew you were clinically diagnosed as
> ****ed up in the head.
>
> But until I hear otherwise it will be business as normal. Carry on.

Your normal is insane.

Maitakegold is on sale at Swanson T[_8_] Diabetic 3 02-03-2016 11:44 AM
Swanson's Stock notbob General Cooking 2 31-10-2009 03:54 PM
Swanson Cooking Stock? Nancy Young General Cooking 3 15-08-2008 06:11 AM
Swanson Sun Butter Cookies Jani Paschka Recipes (moderated) 0 31-07-2008 12:16 PM
Swanson Dinner Bill S. Wine 11 27-02-2006 11:32 PM