Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Halloween Party

My daughter and I are thinking of holding a Halloween party.
We're both big Twilight fans...
Anyone got any ideas what to serve with some imagination?
So far we have green jelly...

Many thanx
Linda

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Linda" > wrote in message
> My daughter and I are thinking of holding a Halloween party.
> We're both big Twilight fans...
> Anyone got any ideas what to serve with some imagination?
> So far we have green jelly...
>
> Many thanx
> Linda

I usually make the usual party fair, but give them different names. Chicken
wings become bat wings. My Spinach Marie becomes pond scum. Devil eggs are
easy to make look like eyeballs. Just don't make many, because they won't
be eaten. Even though they taste great it's the one thing that people are
really squeamish about. Just use your imagination and surf for ideas on the
net.

Lynne

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Linda wrote:
> My daughter and I are thinking of holding a Halloween party.
> We're both big Twilight fans...
> Anyone got any ideas what to serve with some imagination?
> So far we have green jelly...
>
> Many thanx
> Linda

These too:

http://weddingskulls.com/?cat=116

Tracy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 00:35:47 +0800, "Linda" >
wrote:

>My daughter and I are thinking of holding a Halloween party.
>We're both big Twilight fans...
>Anyone got any ideas what to serve with some imagination?
>So far we have green jelly...

I like to make "ladyfingers" for Halloween.

Take breadstick dough and form short fingers. I use canned dough and
cut the sticks in half across the width.

Pinch each finger halfway up and close to the end to make knuckles.
Take a knife and lightly draw two or three cracks across each knuckle.

Shake some almond halves in a plastic bag with a few drops of red food
coloring to make fingernails. Press a fingernail into the end of
each finger.

Bake the fingers according to the breadstick recipe.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 6, 6:20*pm, Tara > wrote:
> >My daughter and I are thinking of holding a Halloween party.
> >We're both big Twilight fans...
> >Anyone got any ideas what to serve with some imagination?
> >So far we have green jelly...

Easy enough to make frosted cupcakes decorated with white cotton candy
spiderwebs and a piped black widow atop each.
....Picky

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>My daughter and I are thinking of holding a Halloween party.
>We're both big Twilight fans...
>Anyone got any ideas what to serve with some imagination?
>So far we have green jelly...
>
>Many thanx
>Linda

Spider cake:

Bake cake in a small SS bowl and a larger one. Scoop out most of the
inside, leaving about a 1.5" shell. Allow lime gelatin to thicken,
then whip til foamy. Pour into the shells and allow to set in the
fridge. Unmold 'em side by side, frost, (gray-tinted frosting with
yellow stripes?) add marachino cherries for eyes, licorice strips for
legs.

When you cut into it, the green plops or oozes out....

Best -- Terry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brilliant! and thankyou
Linda
"Tara" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 00:35:47 +0800, "Linda" >
> wrote:
>
>>My daughter and I are thinking of holding a Halloween party.
>>We're both big Twilight fans...
>>Anyone got any ideas what to serve with some imagination?
>>So far we have green jelly...

> I like to make "ladyfingers" for Halloween.
>
> Take breadstick dough and form short fingers. I use canned dough and
> cut the sticks in half across the width.
>
> Pinch each finger halfway up and close to the end to make knuckles.
> Take a knife and lightly draw two or three cracks across each knuckle.
>
> Shake some almond halves in a plastic bag with a few drops of red food
> coloring to make fingernails. Press a fingernail into the end of
> each finger.
>
> Bake the fingers according to the breadstick recipe.
>
> Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wow this is so great! Thankyou
Linda

"Terry" > wrote in message
news
> On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 00:35:47 +0800, "Linda" >
> wrote:
>
>>My daughter and I are thinking of holding a Halloween party.
>>We're both big Twilight fans...
>>Anyone got any ideas what to serve with some imagination?
>>So far we have green jelly...
>>
>>Many thanx
>>Linda
>>

> Spider cake:
>
> Bake cake in a small SS bowl and a larger one. Scoop out most of the
> inside, leaving about a 1.5" shell. Allow lime gelatin to thicken,
> then whip til foamy. Pour into the shells and allow to set in the
> fridge. Unmold 'em side by side, frost, (gray-tinted frosting with
> yellow stripes?) add marachino cherries for eyes, licorice strips for
> legs.
>
> When you cut into it, the green plops or oozes out....
>
> Best -- Terry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>My daughter and I are thinking of holding a Halloween party.
>We're both big Twilight fans...
>Anyone got any ideas what to serve with some imagination?
>So far we have green jelly...

An departed rfc poster has just the website for you... it's still up
and running. His name is Bert Christensen - if I was at my home
computer I'd give you the site. I know some people here are also in
touch with him, so maybe someone else can post it in this thread.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:

>An departed rfc poster has just the website for you... it's still up
>and running. His name is Bert Christensen -

Wouldn't a "lately absent" rfc poster be a better choice of words...
"departed" implies he's dead, as in dearly departed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 00:35:47 +0800, "Linda" >
> wrote:
>
>>My daughter and I are thinking of holding a Halloween party.
>>We're both big Twilight fans...
>>Anyone got any ideas what to serve with some imagination?
>>So far we have green jelly...
>>

> An departed rfc poster has just the website for you... it's still up
> and running. His name is Bert Christensen - if I was at my home
> computer I'd give you the site. I know some people here are also in
> touch with him, so maybe someone else can post it in this thread.

http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/halloween.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"King's Crown" > wrote in message

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 00:35:47 +0800, "Linda" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>My daughter and I are thinking of holding a Halloween party.
>>>We're both big Twilight fans...
>>>Anyone got any ideas what to serve with some imagination?
>>>So far we have green jelly...
>>>

>> An departed rfc poster has just the website for you... it's still up
>> and running. His name is Bert Christensen - if I was at my home
>> computer I'd give you the site. I know some people here are also in
>> touch with him, so maybe someone else can post it in this thread.

> http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/halloween.htm

Better yet...

http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/index.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:

> sf > wrote:
>>
>> An departed rfc poster has just the website for you... it's still up
>> and running. His name is Bert Christensen -

> Wouldn't a "lately absent" rfc poster be a better choice of words...
> "departed" implies he's dead, as in dearly departed.

Some of the scurvy pukes that post here are "dead" even though they'd have
us think "otherwise", Sheldon...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:13:14 -0700, "King's Crown" >
wrote:

>> http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/halloween.htm

>Better yet...
>
>http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/index.htm

I thank you! Now let's see if the OP does too.