Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Butter, peaches, brown sugar. What's not to like

I had some peaches that needed to be dealt with soon.
I sliced them up, got out some butter and scraped up some brown sugar.
Oh, and I snipped off a little mint that I'm growing.
http://i31.tinypic.com/aox1qo.jpg

Melted the butter in a skillet and added the sliced peaches,
http://i26.tinypic.com/2n6uah0.jpg

the brown sugar. Let them simmer on the back burner while I cooked
breakfast, then sprinkled with chopped mint.
http://i30.tinypic.com/2s9vuqx.jpg

Serve with breakfast. Yummeeeeeee.
http://i32.tinypic.com/jscz5y.jpg

The skins were soft enough to not be a problem. At first I thought I'd
have to pick them out but they were just fine.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message

> I had some peaches that needed to be dealt with soon.
> I sliced them up, got out some butter and scraped up some brown sugar.
> Oh, and I snipped off a little mint that I'm growing.
> http://i31.tinypic.com/aox1qo.jpg
>
> Melted the butter in a skillet and added the sliced peaches,
> http://i26.tinypic.com/2n6uah0.jpg
>
> the brown sugar. Let them simmer on the back burner while I cooked
> breakfast, then sprinkled with chopped mint.
> http://i30.tinypic.com/2s9vuqx.jpg
>
> Serve with breakfast. Yummeeeeeee.
> http://i32.tinypic.com/jscz5y.jpg
>
> The skins were soft enough to not be a problem. At first I thought I'd
> have to pick them out but they were just fine.
>
> koko

Looks fantastic. You've given me a good idea since we happen to have all
those ingredients.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 17:44:50 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"koko" > wrote in message
.. .

>> I had some peaches that needed to be dealt with soon.
>> I sliced them up, got out some butter and scraped up some brown sugar.
>> Oh, and I snipped off a little mint that I'm growing.

snippage

>Looks fantastic. You've given me a good idea since we happen to have all
>those ingredients.

Thanks Ed.
Christine thought she'd flame it with some dark rum. That sounds good
too.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 09/06
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 13:58:25 -0700, koko > wrote:

>I had some peaches that needed to be dealt with soon.
>I sliced them up, got out some butter and scraped up some brown sugar.
>Oh, and I snipped off a little mint that I'm growing.
>http://i31.tinypic.com/aox1qo.jpg
>
>Melted the butter in a skillet and added the sliced peaches,
>http://i26.tinypic.com/2n6uah0.jpg
>
>the brown sugar. Let them simmer on the back burner while I cooked
>breakfast, then sprinkled with chopped mint.
>http://i30.tinypic.com/2s9vuqx.jpg
>
>Serve with breakfast. Yummeeeeeee.
>http://i32.tinypic.com/jscz5y.jpg
>
>The skins were soft enough to not be a problem. At first I thought I'd
>have to pick them out but they were just fine.
>
>koko

Oh, yum!

I had left over lobster for breakfast. Decadent, but no culinary
skills involved.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Sep 7, 1:58 pm, koko > wrote:
> I had some peaches that needed to be dealt with soon.
> I sliced them up, got out some butter and scraped up some brown sugar.
> Oh, and I snipped off a little mint that I'm growing.http://i31.tinypic.com/aox1qo.jpg
>
> Melted the butter in a skillet and added the sliced peaches,http://i26.tinypic.com/2n6uah0.jpg
>
> the brown sugar. Let them simmer on the back burner while I cooked
> breakfast, then sprinkled with chopped mint.http://i30.tinypic.com/2s9vuqx.jpg
>
> Serve with breakfast. Yummeeeeeee.http://i32.tinypic.com/jscz5y.jpg
>
> The skins were soft enough to not be a problem. At first I thought I'd
> have to pick them out but they were just fine.
>
> koko

Since no one else has commented perhaps I'm old-fashioned and out of
step, but...I would always peel the peaches for this kind of
dish..... -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nice dry, welldone BAcon. Hate that resto stuff, a la pliable.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message

> I had some peaches that needed to be dealt with soon.
> I sliced them up, got out some butter and scraped up some brown sugar.
> Oh, and I snipped off a little mint that I'm growing.
> http://i31.tinypic.com/aox1qo.jpg
>
> Melted the butter in a skillet and added the sliced peaches,
> http://i26.tinypic.com/2n6uah0.jpg
>
> the brown sugar. Let them simmer on the back burner while I cooked
> breakfast, then sprinkled with chopped mint.
> http://i30.tinypic.com/2s9vuqx.jpg
>
> Serve with breakfast. Yummeeeeeee.
> http://i32.tinypic.com/jscz5y.jpg

OK, first it's veal blanquette for lunch and now it's this confection for
breakfast. Would you like to adopt me?

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 22:34:20 -0400, "Felice" >
wrote:

>"koko" > wrote in message
.. .

>> I had some peaches that needed to be dealt with soon.
>> I sliced them up, got out some butter and scraped up some brown sugar.
>> Oh, and I snipped off a little mint that I'm growing.
>> http://i31.tinypic.com/aox1qo.jpg
>>
>> Melted the butter in a skillet and added the sliced peaches,
>> http://i26.tinypic.com/2n6uah0.jpg
>>
>> the brown sugar. Let them simmer on the back burner while I cooked
>> breakfast, then sprinkled with chopped mint.
>> http://i30.tinypic.com/2s9vuqx.jpg
>>
>> Serve with breakfast. Yummeeeeeee.
>> http://i32.tinypic.com/jscz5y.jpg

>OK, first it's veal blanquette for lunch and now it's this confection for
>breakfast. Would you like to adopt me?
>

>Felice

I thought you'd never ask, of course ;-)

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 09/06
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 7, 5:05*pm, Boron Elgar > wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 13:58:25 -0700, koko > wrote:
>
> >I had some peaches that needed to be dealt with soon.
> >I sliced them up, got out some butter and scraped up some brown sugar.
> >Oh, and I snipped off a little mint that I'm growing.
> >http://i31.tinypic.com/aox1qo.jpg

> >Melted the butter in a skillet and added the sliced peaches,
> >http://i26.tinypic.com/2n6uah0.jpg

> >the brown sugar. Let them simmer on the back burner while I cooked
> >breakfast, then sprinkled with chopped mint.
> >http://i30.tinypic.com/2s9vuqx.jpg

> >Serve with breakfast. Yummeeeeeee.
> >http://i32.tinypic.com/jscz5y.jpg

> >The skins were soft enough to not be a problem. At first I thought I'd
> >have to pick them out but they were just fine.

> >koko

> Oh, yum!
>
> I had left over lobster for breakfast. Decadent, but no culinary
> skills involved.
>
> Boron

I don't believe you. There is no such thing as "leftover lobster".
Lynn in Fargo
Doesn't believe in the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny, or Santa Claus
either. Just leprechauns and fairies and elves and orcs and hobbits
and . . .
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 11:12:06 -0600, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:22:41 -0400, "Felice" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message

>>> But first she has to adopt me....
>>>
>>> Christine, who comes with all her cookware and cookbooks.

>>Including the pot pole?
>>
>>Felice, who comes with her appetite
>>

>Yes, of course!! I will bring along anything to bribe her..
>
>Christine

Come on over. I'd be so happy I'd even wash the dishes. ;-)

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 09/06

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 11:12:06 -0600, Christine Dabney
> > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:22:41 -0400, "Felice" >
>>wrote:

>>>Including the pot pole?
>>>Felice, who comes with her appetite

>>Yes, of course!! I will bring along anything to bribe her..
>>Christine

> Come on over. I'd be so happy I'd even wash the dishes. ;-)
> koko

I'll wash dishes for food. You don't need her steenkin' pot pole. This is my
final offer.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:04:14 -0600, Christine Dabney
> > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 17:47:21 -0400, "Felice" >
>>wrote:

>>>I'll wash dishes for food. You don't need her steenkin' pot pole. This is
>>>my
>>>final offer.
>>>
>>>Felice
>>>

>>I'll throw in my portable dishwasher... then no one has to wash
>>dishes..except for the cocktail glasses....
>>
>>Christine

> I will amend this to add that Koko should adopt us both. Then we can
> have the best of all worlds!! You can wash the cocktail glasses,
> Felice..
>
> Christine

OK, she's got both of us. As for the cocktail glasses -- no need to wash
them, just keep them filled.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"koko" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 19:45:11 -0400, "Felice" >
> wrote:
>>
>>"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:04:14 -0600, Christine Dabney

>>> I will amend this to add that Koko should adopt us both. Then we can
>>> have the best of all worlds!! You can wash the cocktail glasses,
>>> Felice..
>>>
>>> Christine

>>OK, she's got both of us. As for the cocktail glasses -- no need to wash
>>them, just keep them filled.
>>
>>Felice
>>

> I have a patio fireplace, we'll just throw them in there. Isn't there
> a culture that does that? we'll pretend we are ________

Greek peasants or bridegrooms after toasting the bride?

Felice