Poopsie M

Default Brown Sugar Substitute

I can no longer find a brown sugar substitute on the supermarket shelf. For
some reason, Sweet and Low and Sugar Twin have discontinued their brown sugar
substitutes. I woud appreciate suggestions on other brands that are available.
Many dishes that I enjoy require this ingredient.

Wmkcross

>I can no longer find a brown sugar substitute on the supermarket shelf. For
>some reason

from the Splenda website
Good luck
Bill

"Brown Sugar"

This recipe is designed to help you replace brown sugar in your dessert
recipes.

Makes: enough to replace 1 cup standard brown sugar

1 cup SPLENDAź No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
1/4 cup Sugar-Free Maple Syrup (made with SPLENDAź Brand Sweetener)

Pour ingredients into a small mixing bowl and mix well. Use as brown sugar in
your favorite baked recipes where brown sugar is required. Makes 1/4 cup
(enough to replace 1 cup of standard brown sugar).

Nutrition information per recipe

Serving size: 1 recipe (1/4 cup)

Total Calories 130

Calories from Fat 0

Total Fat 0 g

Saturated Fat 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg

Sodium 100 mg

Total Carbohydrates 36 g

Dietary Fiber 0 g

Sugars 0 g

Protein 0 g

Exchanges Per Serving: 2 carbohydrates

This recipe, when compared to a full sugar version, has an 84% reduction in
calories, an 83% reduction in carbohydrates and a 100% reduction in sugars!

Dan K

I bought the Sugar Twin bron sugar replacement several days ago. The store I
go to has a lot of it. I think it was either Meijer or a local chain store
named Polly's, so it's still available.