Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sandwich thins

Did I just discover something that everyone has known all along?
Arnold's "Sandwich Thins" - just like the tops and bottoms of rolls,
only 100 calories and really good. Takes me a while.....

--
Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 28, 11:11*am, "Dora" > wrote:
> Did I just discover something that everyone has known all along?
> Arnold's "Sandwich Thins" - just like the tops and bottoms of rolls,
> only 100 calories and really good. *Takes me a while.....
>
> --
> Dora

There is something here like that was called PC Burger First. They
were so popular they've since been renamed sandwich thins or somesuch.
They are handy, you can fit a burger and some toppings in a stack that
still fits in your mouth. You have to love marketing, they re-invented
the heel of the loaf!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 28, 10:11*am, "Dora" > wrote:
> Did I just discover something that everyone has known all along?
> Arnold's "Sandwich Thins" - just like the tops and bottoms of rolls,
> only 100 calories and really good. *Takes me a while.....
>
> --
> Dora

I'm not sure that's the brand I've seen here, but the distributor only
leaves whole wheat on the shelves, and I don't like WW.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> On Aug 28, 10:11 am, "Dora" > wrote:
>> Did I just discover something that everyone has known all along?
>> Arnold's "Sandwich Thins" - just like the tops and bottoms of
>> rolls,
>> only 100 calories and really good. Takes me a while.....
>>
>> --
>> Dora
>>

> I'm not sure that's the brand I've seen here, but the distributor
> only
> leaves whole wheat on the shelves, and I don't like WW.
>
> N.

I hear you. Lots of people don't. These are multigrain.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dora wrote:
> Did I just discover something that everyone has known all along?
> Arnold's "Sandwich Thins" - just like the tops and bottoms of rolls,
> only 100 calories and really good. Takes me a while.....

I think they are a new item. I saw them at a Kroger affiliate last week
on a special rack but didn't buy because I wasn't planning on sandwiches
in the near term.
gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dora said...

> Did I just discover something that everyone has known all along?
> Arnold's "Sandwich Thins" - just like the tops and bottoms of rolls,
> only 100 calories and really good. Takes me a while.....

First I've heard of them.

Are they tiny or just thin sliced bread?

Can you put them in a toaster? I have a toaster oven but it doesn't truly
toast very well.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:14:06 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>Dora said...
>
>> Did I just discover something that everyone has known all along?
>> Arnold's "Sandwich Thins" - just like the tops and bottoms of rolls,
>> only 100 calories and really good. Takes me a while.....

>First I've heard of them.
>
>Are they tiny or just thin sliced bread?
>
>Can you put them in a toaster? I have a toaster oven but it doesn't truly
>toast very well.

I have exactly the same thing... only it's by Orowheat. They're
called "Sandwich Thins", look like skinny hamburger buns and are 100
calories. The entire package has 10 grams of fat.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:14:06 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>
>> Dora said...
>>
>>> Did I just discover something that everyone has known all along?
>>> Arnold's "Sandwich Thins" - just like the tops and bottoms of
>>> rolls,
>>> only 100 calories and really good. Takes me a while.....

>> First I've heard of them.
>>
>> Are they tiny or just thin sliced bread?
>>
>> Can you put them in a toaster? I have a toaster oven but it doesn't
>> truly toast very well.
>>

> I have exactly the same thing... only it's by Orowheat. They're
> called "Sandwich Thins", look like skinny hamburger buns and are 100
> calories. The entire package has 10 grams of fat.

That's it! I like them because I don't feel stuffed full of bread.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf said...

>>Can you put them in a toaster? I have a toaster oven but it doesn't truly
>>toast very well.
>>

> I have exactly the same thing... only it's by Orowheat. They're
> called "Sandwich Thins", look like skinny hamburger buns and are 100
> calories. The entire package has 10 grams of fat.

Well here again, sf, that sure as heck didn't answer my question! **** you
very much!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy said...

> sf said...
>
>>>Can you put them in a toaster? I have a toaster oven but it doesn't truly
>>>toast very well.
>>>

>> I have exactly the same thing... only it's by Orowheat. They're
>> called "Sandwich Thins", look like skinny hamburger buns and are 100
>> calories. The entire package has 10 grams of fat.

> Well here again, sf, that sure as heck didn't answer my question! **** you
> very much!
>
> Andy

I'm beginning to suspect you and LSD had a problem!!!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Andy said...
>

>>Well here again, sf, that sure as heck didn't answer my question! **** you
>>very much!
>>
>>Andy

> I'm beginning to suspect you and LSD had a problem!!!
>
> Andy

He says to himself...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

RegForte said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> Andy said...
>>

>>>Well here again, sf, that sure as heck didn't answer my question! ****
>>>you very much!
>>>
>>>Andy

>> I'm beginning to suspect you and LSD had a problem!!!
>>
>> Andy

> He says to himself...

Well HEY!

Surprise, surprise!

It's the mister nowhere man!

FU2

LOL!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> RegForte said...
>

>>Andy wrote:
>>

>>>I'm beginning to suspect you and LSD had a problem!!!
>>>
>>>Andy

>>He says to himself...

> Well HEY!
>
> Surprise, surprise!
>
> It's the mister nowhere man!
>
> FU2
>
> LOL!

Don't worry, I had that problem too.
I couldn't find it cheap enough
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> I have exactly the same thing... only it's by Orowheat. They're
> called "Sandwich Thins", look like skinny hamburger buns and are 100
> calories. The entire package has 10 grams of fat.

Orowheat brand is rare as hen's teeth in some areas.

We used to swear by them when we lived in California.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Never tired of making fools like you look like bigger fools like you!

Hope you're happy that you've voted yourself asshole to the entire world on
Usenet!

Push me around, you are guaranteed I'm gonna push back.

**** YOU Reg and the family that gave you life.

Next?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> Orowheat brand is rare as hen's teeth in some areas.

I used to love Branola. Ten years gone. Same maker?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

RegForte wrote:
> Andy wrote:
>
>> Andy said...
>>

>>> Well here again, sf, that sure as heck didn't answer my question!
>>> **** you very much!
>>>
>>> Andy

>> I'm beginning to suspect you and LSD had a problem!!!
>>
>> Andy

> He says to himself...

Poor Andy. I didn't answer his question because I have him KF'd.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dora said...

> RegForte wrote:
>> Andy wrote:
>>
>>> Andy said...

>>> I'm beginning to suspect you and LSD had a problem!!!
>>>
>>> Andy

>> He says to himself...

> Poor Andy. I didn't answer his question because I have him KF'd.

I'll bet you're poorer than I am!!!!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
>> I have exactly the same thing... only it's by Orowheat. They're
>> called "Sandwich Thins", look like skinny hamburger buns and are 100
>> calories. The entire package has 10 grams of fat.

> Orowheat brand is rare as hen's teeth in some areas.
>
> We used to swear by them when we lived in California.

Here in Shreveport, they sell Orowheat at the Mrs. Baird's bread outlet but
it is hit or miss as to what they will have. Stopped there today and got a
loaf of Orowheat Jewish Rye. There is a tuna sandwich somewhere in my
future!

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-08-28, Omelet > wrote:

> Orowheat brand is rare as hen's teeth in some areas.
>
> We used to swear by them when we lived in California.

It's pretty rare, here, too. I've discoverd Pepperidge Farms is every
bit as good, if not much cheaper.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dora said...

> Poor Andy. I didn't answer his question because I have him KF'd.

At $10 a head, you'll have to keep your mouth open round the clock. Maybe
wayne has spare change.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Leppla said...

> There is a tuna sandwich somewhere in my future!

Where would that be? Death row? I'd order something else if I were you!!!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 28, 10:11*am, "Dora" > wrote:
> Did I just discover something that everyone has known all along?
> Arnold's "Sandwich Thins" - just like the tops and bottoms of rolls,
> only 100 calories and really good. *Takes me a while.....
>
> --
> Dora

Imagine my surprise when I googled these and found they're sold at all
six locations of my favorite supermarket!
Thank you - I can't wait to try 'em. Hope i can eat them sans teeth!
I can handle soft bread and I'm dying for some sloppy joes!
Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> George Leppla said...
>
>> There is a tuna sandwich somewhere in my future!

> Where would that be? Death row? I'd order something else if I were you!!!

Ahhh... but you aren't me. Being me is complicated and I've had almost 60
years of practice.

Tuna salad is one of those things I like "once in a while". I can go months
without it and then out of the blue, I get a craving. After a sandwich or
two, the craving is satisfied and I'm good for another half year.

Weird... but true.

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Leppla said...

> "Andy" > wrote in message
>> George Leppla said...
>>
>>> There is a tuna sandwich somewhere in my future!

>> Where would that be? Death row? I'd order something else if I were
>> you!!!

> Ahhh... but you aren't me. Being me is complicated and I've had almost
> 60 years of practice.
>
> Tuna salad is one of those things I like "once in a while". I can go
> months without it and then out of the blue, I get a craving. After a
> sandwich or two, the craving is satisfied and I'm good for another half
> year.
>
> Weird... but true.
>
> George L

George L.,

I would but won't post a picture of my famous (imho) Kraft
mac'n'cheese/tunafish/avocado concoction.

A thing of beauty for those wearing rose colored glasses!

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:25:43 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>sf said...
>
>>>Can you put them in a toaster? I have a toaster oven but it doesn't truly
>>>toast very well.
>>>

>> I have exactly the same thing... only it's by Orowheat. They're
>> called "Sandwich Thins", look like skinny hamburger buns and are 100
>> calories. The entire package has 10 grams of fat.

>Well here again, sf, that sure as heck didn't answer my question! **** you
>very much!

I don't see why they couldn't be put in a toaster, but I haven't done
it. FU too with a swat on the fanny.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 20:05:02 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>It's pretty rare, here, too. I've discoverd Pepperidge Farms is every
>bit as good, if not much cheaper.

I thought Pepperidge Farms was the classier of the two brands...

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-08-28, sf > wrote:

> I thought Pepperidge Farms was the classier of the two brands...

To hear PF tell it, maybe. My faves are the multi-grain breads
(7,9,9,15, whatever) and both PF and Oro are very good. Lottsa seeds,
nuts, etc.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf said...

> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:25:43 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>
>>sf said...

>>> I have exactly the same thing... only it's by Orowheat. They're
>>> called "Sandwich Thins", look like skinny hamburger buns and are 100
>>> calories. The entire package has 10 grams of fat.

>>Well here again, sf, that sure as heck didn't answer my question! ****
>>you very much!
>>

> I don't see why they couldn't be put in a toaster, but I haven't done
> it. FU too with a swat on the fanny.

a danger to society.

sf,

Never seen them.

Anyway, you made me LOL and cough and choke for breath all at the same
time!

I deserved that!!!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 20:05:02 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>> It's pretty rare, here, too. I've discoverd Pepperidge Farms is every
>> bit as good, if not much cheaper.

> I thought Pepperidge Farms was the classier of the two brands...

Long ago in a galaxy far away (Massachusetts and Connecticut) there
were two premium brands of supermarket bread, Pepperidge Farm
and Arnold's. This was, of course, long before supermarkets decided
they were also boulangeries.

I'm not sure what the cause, but Arnold's changed its name (but not its
product at all) to Orowheat.

FWIW I haven't lived there in 25 years, so it was slightly prior to that.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:47:11 -0600, Gloria P >
wrote:

>I'm not sure what the cause, but Arnold's changed its name (but not its
>product at all) to Orowheat.
>
>FWIW I haven't lived there in 25 years, so it was slightly prior to that.

Thanks for the history lesson, Gloria! I'd never heard of Arnold's
before this thread.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-08-28, sf > wrote:

> Thanks for the history lesson, Gloria! I'd never heard of Arnold's
> before this thread.

Me 3. Must be like a Hellmen's/Best Food thing.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2009-08-28, sf > wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the history lesson, Gloria! I'd never heard of Arnold's
>> before this thread.

> Me 3. Must be like a Hellmen's/Best Food thing.
>
> nb

On second thought, it may have been Orowheat in the rest of the country
already and they may have bought Arnold's distributorship for the east
coast and New England and renamed it.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-08-28, Gloria P > wrote:

> On second thought, it may have been Orowheat in the rest of the country
> already and they may have bought Arnold's distributorship for the east
> coast and New England and renamed it.

Maybe. Didn't someone mention Arnald's here, recently?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P wrote:

> Long ago in a galaxy far away (Massachusetts and Connecticut) there
> were two premium brands of supermarket bread, Pepperidge Farm
> and Arnold's. This was, of course, long before supermarkets
> decided
> they were also boulangeries.
>
> I'm not sure what the cause, but Arnold's changed its name (but not
> its product at all) to Orowheat.
>
> FWIW I haven't lived there in 25 years, so it was slightly prior to
> that.
> gloria p

Arnold's is still Arnold's here in Maryland. It's my favorite bread.
Pricey but it's often on special.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dora wrote:
> sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:14:06 -0500, Andy > wrote:
>>
>>> Dora said...

>>> First I've heard of them.
>>>
>>> Are they tiny or just thin sliced bread?
>>>
>>> Can you put them in a toaster? I have a toaster oven but it doesn't
>>> truly toast very well.
>>>

>> I have exactly the same thing... only it's by Orowheat. They're
>> called "Sandwich Thins", look like skinny hamburger buns and are 100
>> calories. The entire package has 10 grams of fat.

> That's it! I like them because I don't feel stuffed full of bread.

I use them because I think I am getting less calories and fat from
regular hamburg/sandwich buns. They are less filling and taste great!!
You can actually get a thick hamburger with tomato, onion, etc. in your
mouth. I also like the extra thin Pepperidge Farm whole wheat bread for
my tomato sandwiches which I slather with mayo. It's 90 calories for 3
slices and I only use 2 slices, so I feel like I'm being good.

Rusty in MD
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dora wrote:
> Did I just discover something that everyone has known all along?
> Arnold's "Sandwich Thins" - just like the tops and bottoms of rolls,
> only 100 calories and really good. Takes me a while.....

Thanks for the reminder. I read about those a while ago and
thought they sounded like a good idea.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:03:11 -0500, Andy wrote:

> Dora said...
>
>> RegForte wrote:

>>> He says to himself...

>> Poor Andy. I didn't answer his question because I have him KF'd.

> I'll bet you're poorer than I am!!!!!!
>
> Andy

i don't know about that. you seem to run out of your meds at the end of
the month.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:52:11 -0500, Andy wrote:

> Never tired of making fools like you look like bigger fools like you!
>
> Hope you're happy that you've voted yourself asshole to the entire world on
> Usenet!
>
> Push me around, you are guaranteed I'm gonna push back.
>
> **** YOU Reg and the family that gave you life.
>
> Next?
>
> Andy

this is a thing of beauty.

blake

Wheat Thins sf[_9_] General Cooking 39 23-05-2014 10:14 PM
Oroweat Sandwich Thins. Julie Bove Diabetic 12 26-12-2009 12:18 AM
Chocolate Almond Thins jacqueline austin Recipes (moderated) 0 10-03-2007 08:06 PM
Orange Wheat Thins? Ranee Mueller General Cooking 12 17-04-2006 04:28 AM
Chocolate Mint Thins Duckie ® Recipes 0 07-08-2005 02:15 PM