Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I made a nice lo mein last night

The DH usually does makes lo mein, but since he wasn't feeling his best,
I decided to do it. He usually just sautes a bunch of vegetables and
some chicken and tosses with noodles and some soy, maybe sesame oil and
ginger. I decided to sort of follow a recipe.

I marinated some sliced chicken in light soy, sesame, sherry and a bit
of cornstarch.

I also made a little sauce of chicken broth, mushroom sauce and a smidge
of sugar.

I heated up the wok and sauted some chopped garlic, added the chicken
and tossed it around a bit till it was just about done. I removed this
from the wok and sort of wiped it out a bit.

I added more oil and added some thinly sliced carrot, celery and
broccoli, because that is what I had. I sauted it till they were
softened. I then added some sliced green onions and let that go for a
half a minute or so.

Then, I added the already cooked, drained and rinsed lo mein noodles,
the cooked chicken and some of the sauce - about a third of a cup or so,
maybe more.

I tossed it around a bit and voila - dinner.

The DH decided he wanted shrimp in his and since I don't do shrimp, I
took what I wanted and he sauted some shrimp and added it to the remaining.

We were both happy.

Tracy- I also added a bit of crushed pepper to the entire dish. And, for
me, I put a touch of sweet chili sauce on mine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Tracy > wrote:

> The DH usually does makes lo mein, but since he wasn't feeling his best,
> I decided to do it. He usually just sautes a bunch of vegetables and
> some chicken and tosses with noodles and some soy, maybe sesame oil and
> ginger. I decided to sort of follow a recipe.
>
> I marinated some sliced chicken in light soy, sesame, sherry and a bit
> of cornstarch.

<snipped>

That sounds really good Tracy! :-)
I like that stuff at the local chinese place.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:

> I made a nice lo mein last night.....

I misread your title as "I made a nice man low last night." Now
I'm wondering if I'm *** because I dwelled on the word 'man'. Or was
I dwelling on the word "low" because I'm sometimes down on myself. It
could also have been "I made a low man nice last night." I misread
that title. I like when I misread things and openly admit it for all
to see.

Tommy Joe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tracy wrote:

> I made a nice lo mein last night.....

I misread your title as "I made a nice man low last night." Now
I'm wondering if I'm *** because I dwelled on the word 'man'. Or was
I dwelling on the word "low" because I'm sometimes down on myself. It
could also have been "I made a low man nice last night." I misread
that title. I like when I misread things and openly admit it for all
to see.

Tommy Joe

Nice Dinner Last Night 2/16/2013 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 4 18-02-2013 02:34 PM
TN: Nice night of Syrah DaleW Wine 2 19-02-2012 07:43 PM
Nice breakfast recipe -Omelette made up of Spinach, Tomato and Feta Phil-c General Cooking 2 05-07-2009 05:40 AM
What I made for dinner last night. Kate Connally General Cooking 13 01-02-2005 06:11 PM