Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nice breakfast recipe -Omelette made up of Spinach, Tomato and Feta

Made this up this morning as the spinach patch and chooks are producing
well and teh Tomatoes are cheap at the moment .

Print out is in the recipe folder but no idea where it came from.

Ingredients

A large Egg
3 egg whites
¼ tablespoon of Table Salt
2and a half cups of Tomato (chopped)
A cup of Spinach (chopped)
½ a teaspoonful of Oregano (dried)
2 tablespoons of Feta Cheese (crumpled) (used a bit more )
Served with thickly sliced home made wholemeal bread toasted
lightly

Method

First combine the egg, egg whites, oregano, spinach and salt and
beat it until it is well-blended.
Next take a heavy metal pan and coat it slightly with cooking
spray and then heat it over a medium heat. Once that is done pour the
mixture into the pan and spread it. Cook the mixture until it turns
brown and firm. This should take about 5 to 6 minutes. Flip the
omelette and cook the other side until the centre is set.

Once the omelette is ready, sprinkle some cheese and tomatoes on one
half and fold it over the other. After a minute, cut it in half and
serve each piece of the omelette along with required slices of toast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 4, 11:16*pm, Phil-c <invalid@invalid> wrote:
> Made this up this morning as the spinach patch and chooks are producing
> well and teh Tomatoes are cheap at the moment *.
>
> Print out is in the recipe folder but no idea where it came *from.
>
> Ingredients
>
> * * * A large Egg
> * * * 3 egg whites
> *

What *did* you do with those obviously fresh yolks? I occasionally
toss whites, but yolks? Never!

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
> On Jul 4, 11:16 pm, Phil-c <invalid@invalid> wrote:
>> Made this up this morning as the spinach patch and chooks are producing
>> well and the Tomatoes are cheap at the moment .
>>
>> Print out is in the recipe folder but no idea where it came from.
>>
>> Ingredients
>>
>> A large Egg
>> 3 egg whites
>>

> What *did* you do with those obviously fresh yolks? I occasionally
> toss whites, but yolks? Never!
>
> --Bryan

They are in a glass in the fridge to be mixed
as an egg flip for the other half

with Nutmeg and a splash of Irish whiskey and a bit of vanilla
before she heads off to sleep tonight

But the Omelette was light and delicious earlier today 0530

But at the moment giving heaps of eggs away
now that the crows can no longer get at them
Damned cunning & clever are our crows