Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lard

A little old guy is walking around in a supermarket calling out, Crisco,

Crissssssscoooo!'

Soon an assistant manager approaches and says, 'Sir, the Crisco is in aisle
3.'

The old guy replies, 'Oh, I'm not looking for the cooking stuff. I'm calling
my wife. She's in here somewhere'

The clerk is astonished.

'Your wife's name is Crisco?'

The old guy answers, 'Oh no, no, no. I only call her that when we're out in
public.'

'I see,' said the clerk.

'What do you call her at home?'

'Lard ass.'

George L

Posted to rec.food.cooking

If Damsel were here... <THWACK!!!>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 22, 1:11*pm, "George Leppla" > wrote:
> A little old guy is walking around in a supermarket calling out, Crisco,
>
> Crissssssscoooo!'
>
> Soon an assistant manager approaches and says, 'Sir, the Crisco is in aisle
> 3.'
>
> The old guy replies, 'Oh, I'm not looking for the cooking stuff. I'm calling
> my wife. She's in here somewhere'
>
> The clerk is astonished.
>
> 'Your wife's name is Crisco?'
>
> The old guy answers, 'Oh no, no, no. I only call her that when we're out in
> public.'
>
> 'I see,' said the clerk.
>
> 'What do you call her at home?'
>
> 'Lard ass.'
>
> George L

I hoid dat about 10 yars ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 22, 3:11*pm, "George Leppla" > wrote:
> A little old guy is walking around in a supermarket calling out, Crisco,

*snip!

That joke was much funnier the first time I heard it in 1975.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
On Jul 22, 3:11 pm, "George Leppla" > wrote:
> A little old guy is walking around in a supermarket calling out, Crisco,

*snip!

That joke was much funnier the first time I heard it in 1975.

===============

Yeah, but... ya gotta admit (except for a lot of the garbage I post) it was
more enjoyable reading than 99 44/100% of what's posted here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 22, 8:16*pm, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
> "projectile vomit chick" > wrote in ...
> On Jul 22, 3:11 pm, "George Leppla" > wrote:
>
> > A little old guy is walking around in a supermarket calling out, Crisco,

> *snip!
>
> That joke was much funnier the first time I heard it in 1975.
>
> ===============
>
> Yeah, but... ya gotta admit (except for a lot of the garbage I post) it was
> more enjoyable reading than 99 44/100% of what's posted here.

True enough : D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:

> Yeah, but... ya gotta admit (except for a lot of the garbage I post) it was
> more enjoyable reading than 99 44/100% of what's posted here.

No, 100% of the garbage -read your posts there- as the garbage (at least
you got the fact that your posts are 100% garbage correct), Your posts
are 0% enjoyable or intelligible. Most of the other posts here are at
least marginally interesting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"George Leppla" > wrote:

> A little old guy is walking around in a supermarket calling out, Crisco,
>
> Crissssssscoooo!'
>
> Soon an assistant manager approaches and says, 'Sir, the Crisco is in aisle
> 3.'
>
> The old guy replies, 'Oh, I'm not looking for the cooking stuff. I'm calling
> my wife. She's in here somewhere'
>
> The clerk is astonished.
>
> 'Your wife's name is Crisco?'
>
> The old guy answers, 'Oh no, no, no. I only call her that when we're out in
> public.'
>
> 'I see,' said the clerk.
>
> 'What do you call her at home?'
>
> 'Lard ass.'
>

> George L

I will be SO glad when summer is over and the little pain in the asses
are back in school...

<sigh>
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 02:28:22 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> "George Leppla" > wrote:
>
>> A little old guy is walking around in a supermarket calling out, Crisco,
>>
>> Crissssssscoooo!'
>>
>> Soon an assistant manager approaches and says, 'Sir, the Crisco is in aisle
>> 3.'
>>
>> The old guy replies, 'Oh, I'm not looking for the cooking stuff. I'm calling
>> my wife. She's in here somewhere'
>>
>> The clerk is astonished.
>>
>> 'Your wife's name is Crisco?'
>>
>> The old guy answers, 'Oh no, no, no. I only call her that when we're out in
>> public.'
>>
>> 'I see,' said the clerk.
>>
>> 'What do you call her at home?'
>>
>> 'Lard ass.'
>>
>> George L

> I will be SO glad when summer is over and the little pain in the asses
> are back in school...
>
> <sigh>

meh. the joke isn't great, but we've seen worse from regulars. and i seem
to recall george l. making food-related comments.

your pal,
blake

Sweet Lard? maxine in ri General Cooking 20 24-10-2017 02:57 PM
Sub for lard? Julie Bove General Cooking 197 22-03-2008 04:03 PM
Got lard? Felice Friese General Cooking 36 24-08-2007 02:25 PM
lard [email protected] General Cooking 1 27-11-2003 02:35 AM
lard [email protected] General Cooking 0 27-11-2003 12:49 AM