Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Closing Shift

I worked in a large steak house chain during my freshman year in college as
the closing manager. It was steady work and not too challenging physically
or mentally. I loved many aspects of this job really only dreading
end-of-month because I found counting stock tedious and 10-keying
mind-numbingly repetitive. I'd often arrive 30 minutes before my shift, get
a cup of coffee, and spend the extra time chatting with the day crew on how
smoothly (or not) their shifts went; this would give me a general idea how
the evening was going to unfold.

On this day, as I opened the front door and entered the air conditioned
dining area, I was greeted by a group of customers standing with their backs
to me and every table full. I sighed and excused my way past the crush of
waiting customers to get to the back of house. So much for that preshift cup
o' joe.

It was confirmed beyond any doubt that it would be a very long evening as
the unit manager greeted me at the dishroom door with a haggard, "I've been
doin' grill. Carlos sliced his hand on the Hobart. He's okay, a dozen
stitches, but I've been stuck working grill all shift."

"And you've not pulled inventory or run the numbers." I finished.

"Bingo. Sorry 'bout that. You don't have to work the floor tonight if you
wanna get started."

Being young and dumb, I simply shrugged my best WB animation lollypop [/jpeg
sucker].

I looked around the prep area at the employees working. "¡Jose!"

The man, hair pulled back in a tight ponytail, stopped his mixing a batch of
blue cheese dressing and looked over in my direction. "¡Patron! ¿Como es
usted?"

"¡Bueno, gracias amigo!"

Jose, at only 5'3" was one of those back of house employees you could ask to
do any work. He was built like a mini forklift, barrel-chested and broad
shouldered. The only thing showing his 54 years was the peppered goatee. If
asked a question, his answer was always the same, he'd shrug and say, "O.K."

"¿Tiene usted cualquier plan para esta noche?"

"No, patron."

"¿Puede trabajar usted esta noche?"

Jose smiled and shrugged with his usual, "O.K."

"I'm good. We'll finish in record time. I'll help out front now." And I didn't
again think of running the numbers until we closed the restaurant.

The dinner rush was long, one of the most difficult I could remember, and
filled with some really extreme customers. I heard several servers give
voice to the "full moon" complaint throughout the evening. By 10:00pm, we
said good night to the last customer, locked down every door, stacked the
chairs, washed the tables, and Jose and I headed into the walk-ins and
storage areas to start counting cases and cans, weighing loose and opened
stock, and reorganizing the shelves as we went along. Pretty soon it was
well-after midnight. The janitorial staff were in and out, the walls were
washed, tile flooring scrubbed, and bullpen hosed down. With the final tub
of salt weighed and our visual count ended I took my hand-written sheaf of
numbers to the office to quickly run them while Jose volunteered to autoperk
another pot of Mexican Black.

I was just finishing off the first page when Jose came screaming around the
corner and slammed the office door behind him panting and yammering some
unprintable strings of Spanish. He was wild-eyed. He parked his back to the
wall and pinned the door closed with his feet constantly yammering at me.

I'd been robbed once prior and it wasn't something I ever wanted to
experience again. I was freaked pretty badly. I was just able to dial 911.
As the two of us sat there leaning against the door, I tried to get him to
talk to me. All he'd do is shake his head and mutter while his body
shuddered uncontrollably. I managed to get him calmed down enough to
_finally_ stutter and stammer that he'd seen someone walk out of The Cage
(our storage garage in the back) and into the bathroom right near our
server's station. "Great; a robbery. That would cap a perfect shift," I
thought.

Within minutes, the local police had arrived and were banging on the glass
of the front door.

It was a physical challenge to pull Jose away from the floor in front of
that office door but I managed.

As I ran out of the office, I jumped the counter and slid across the
still-wet floor tile. I also [somehow] managed to find the key to the lock
and turn it but I was shaking like a leaf in a wind storm. As I opened the
door, I tattled like a 5-yo cranked on a speedball to the two officers.
Jose, unwilling to be left in the office alone, had also followed me out and
across the counter. We were immediately shooed out of the restaurant and
taken into custody in our parking lot where two more squad cars were pulling
up-and-into slots. The officers went through the whole place, each closet,
stall, walk-in and finally The Cage. We were both (Jose and I) still shaking
uncontrollably while the officers worked their way through the darkened
restaurant. A corporal had been the last officer to arrive and started
pulling the story, slowly, from Jose.

It seems Jose, while making that pot of coffee in the station, thought he
saw someone in the hall back by The Cage and got curious. He went to go
ask. As he entered the darkened hallway, this guy walked right out of the
restroom door (without opening said door) and looked right at Jose standing
there. Jose did the only thing he could think of and ran into my office.
Since my good looks and 5'8", 144 lb. body were such deterrents to violence,
he figured I'd save him.

Officers Ruiz stopped listening at "walked out of the door." Officers
Gonzalez, Remington, Smith and Wesson radioed an "all clear" signal and
pretty soon were back outside. The officers continued questioning us but
soon three of the five drifted off to finish their evening's patrol. I
invited Officers Smith and Wesson in for some coffee so they could do their
reports. The two politely accepted and we all headed back inside. Jose stuck
around to jabber at me some more as I finished my numbers and closed up the
restaurant.

The next day, the unit manager read my log entry and called me before I'd
made it out the door to school. He simply said, "I don't close this place
for a reason. Don't stay that late again."

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

That was pretty ****ing boring. But I was curious what you were
always posting about and so I read it. And just as I suspected, it
was absolutely nothing about nothing.

ObFood: Bacon, crab, and a perfectly ripe and tasty avocado tossed
salad for lunch. With Girard's Champagne dressing.

-sw

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:58:49 -0700, The Ranger wrote:

> I worked in a large steak house chain during my freshman year in college as
> the closing manager.

<YAWN>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz > wrote in message
> [snip]

So which puppets are you going to post with today? PVC or SW or JS?

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 10:47*am, "The Ranger" > wrote:
> Sqwertz > wrote in message

> > [snip]

> So which puppets are you going to post with today? PVC or SW or JS?
>
> The Ranger

Being that you also posted that boring bit of drivel on
alt.folklore.ghost-stories then I'm giving you a C for trying to write
something that really has no merit or imagination. Wait...screw
it...you get a F.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown wrote:
> On Jul 17, 10:47 am, "The Ranger" > wrote:
>> Sqwertz > wrote in message

>>> [snip]

>> So which puppets are you going to post with today? PVC or SW or JS?
>>
>> The Ranger

> Being that you also posted that boring bit of drivel on
> alt.folklore.ghost-stories then I'm giving you a C for trying to write
> something that really has no merit or imagination. Wait...screw
> it...you get a F.

Well I enjoyed reading about it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 1:35*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
[snip]
> Being that you also posted that boring bit of drivel on
> alt.folklore.ghost-stories then [..]

And you read it twice. I'm flattered! Stay tuned.

The Ranger
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 1:18*pm, Stu > wrote:
[snip]
> Sounds something like happened to me. [Robbery in progress..]

I've lived through a robbery. I hope to _NEVER_ experience another.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 1:42*pm, "Ophelia" > wrote:
[snip]
> Well I enjoyed reading about it!

Thank you, O.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 1:51*pm, The Ranger > wrote:
> On Jul 17, 1:35*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > Being that you also posted that boring bit of drivel on
> > alt.folklore.ghost-stories then [..]

> And you read it twice. I'm flattered! Stay tuned.
>
> The Ranger

I didn't read it twice....your profile lists all the newsgroup you
post in. Sheesh....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 1:57*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:

> > > Being that you also posted that boring bit of drivel on
> > > alt.folklore.ghost-stories then [..]

> > And you read it twice. I'm flattered! Stay tuned.

> I didn't read it twice....your profile lists all the newsgroup you
> post in. Sheesh....

Right. Next you'll claim to add me to you kf. I don't mind. Keep
reading. I know you can't help yourself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Ranger wrote:

> On Jul 17, 1:18 pm, Stu > wrote:
> [snip]
> > Sounds something like happened to me. [Robbery in progress..]

> I've lived through a robbery. I hope to _NEVER_ experience another.

I don't remember reading that one. Did you post it?

I'd like to read it sometime, unless it's gots more
anti-Norwegian bigotry in it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 2:05*pm, The Ranger > wrote:

> > > And you read it twice. I'm flattered! Stay tuned.

> > I didn't read it twice....your profile lists all the newsgroup you
> > post in. Sheesh....

> Right. Next you'll claim to add me to you kf. I don't mind. Keep
> reading. I know you can't help yourself.

Here Mr. Ranger-man:

Recent Activity:
Activity in All 28 Groups -- 411 messages rec.food.cooking (238)
ba.food (64) alt.home.repair (47) k12.chat.teacher (11)
rec.gardens.edible (8) misc.kids (5) misc.consumers (4) alt.mothers
(3) misc.education (3) misc.consumers.frugal-living (3) alt.consumers
(3) alt.home.lawn.garden (2) ba.gardens (2) rec.food.preserving (2)
alt.building.construction (2) sci.engr.joining.welding (2)
alt.education (1) k12.chat.elementary (1) ba.consumers (1)
alt.home.cleaning (1) alt.romath (1) alt.folklore.ghost-stories (1)
rec.food.restaurants (1) alt.usenet.kooks (1) comp.mail.eudora.ms-
windows (1) alt.food.asian (1) alt.religion.kibology (1) alt.ezines
(1)
Overcharge and Attitude rec.food.cooking 4 hours ago
WTF?! A Line to Dine at Chipotle? ba.food 5 hours ago
Older Children and Shots alt.mothers 8 hours ago
Closing Shift alt.folklore.ghost-stories 17 hours ago
ants? rec.gardens.edible 5 days ago
Eliminating Conflict? misc.kids Jul 8
Are we going too far with efforts to eliminate conflict ...
k12.chat.teacher Jul 8
Odd project alt.home.repair Jun 29
Homemade peanut butter misc.consumers.frugal-living Jun 28
Open Letter to Wal-Mart -- poor inventory alt.consumers
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> The Ranger wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 17, 1:18 pm, Stu > wrote:
>> [snip]
>> > Sounds something like happened to me. [Robbery in progress..]

>> I've lived through a robbery. I hope to _NEVER_ experience another.

> I don't remember reading that one. Did you post it?
>
> I'd like to read it sometime, unless it's gots more
> anti-Norwegian bigotry in it.

lmfao

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 2:22*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> The Ranger wrote:
>
> > On Jul 17, 1:18 pm, Stu > wrote:
> > [snip]
> > > Sounds something like happened to me. [Robbery in progress..]

> > I've lived through a robbery. I hope to _NEVER_ experience another.

> I don't remember reading that one. *Did you post it?

I never wrote it. I probably should as part of some metaphysical
healing process.

> I'd like to read it sometime, unless it's gots more
> anti-Norwegian bigotry in it.

How about I change it to "Finn?"

The Ranger
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 3:00*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
[snip]
> Here Mr. Ranger-man:

[snip boring recap]

Why would you (or anyone else) care where I post and how often other
than to follow my every word? No need to explain, I understand groupie
behavior. Do try to contain your enthusiasm, though.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 3:26*pm, The Ranger > wrote:
> On Jul 17, 3:00*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> [snip]> Here Mr. Ranger-man:
>
> [snip boring recap]
>
> Why would you (or anyone else) care where I post and how often other
> than to follow my every word? No need to explain, I understand groupie
> behavior. Do try to contain your enthusiasm, though.
>
> The Ranger

Yawn.....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 3:56*pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> Yawn.....

Yep; hangin' on my ev'ry word.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
D D is offline

The Ranger wrote:
> [...]
> Since my good looks and 5'8", 144 lb. body were such deterrents to violence,
> he figured I'd save him.
>
> Officers Ruiz stopped listening at "walked out of the door." Officers
> Gonzalez, Remington, Smith and Wesson radioed an "all clear" signal and
> pretty soon were back outside. The officers continued questioning us but
> soon three of the five drifted off to finish their evening's patrol. I
> invited Officers Smith and Wesson in for some coffee so they could do their
> reports. The two politely accepted and we all headed back inside. Jose stuck
> around to jabber at me some more as I finished my numbers and closed up the
> restaurant.
>
> The next day, the unit manager read my log entry and called me before I'd
> made it out the door to school. He simply said, "I don't close this place
> for a reason. Don't stay that late again."

When did you start suffering from narcissism? This is classic!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
D D is offline

Chemo the Clown wrote:

>>> I didn't read it twice....your profile lists all the newsgroup you
>>> post in. Sheesh....

>> Right. Next you'll claim to add me to you kf. I don't mind. Keep
>> reading. I know you can't help yourself.

> Here Mr. Ranger-man:
>
> Recent Activity:
> Activity in All 28 Groups -- 411 messages rec.food.cooking (238)
> ba.food (64) alt.home.repair (47) k12.chat.teacher (11)
> rec.gardens.edible (8) misc.kids (5) misc.consumers (4) alt.mothers
> (3) misc.education (3) misc.consumers.frugal-living (3) alt.consumers
> (3) alt.home.lawn.garden (2) ba.gardens (2) rec.food.preserving (2)
> alt.building.construction (2) sci.engr.joining.welding (2)
> alt.education (1) k12.chat.elementary (1) ba.consumers (1)
> alt.home.cleaning (1) alt.romath (1) alt.folklore.ghost-stories (1)
> rec.food.restaurants (1) alt.usenet.kooks (1) comp.mail.eudora.ms-
> windows (1) alt.food.asian (1) alt.religion.kibology (1) alt.ezines
> (1)
> Overcharge and Attitude rec.food.cooking 4 hours ago
> WTF?! A Line to Dine at Chipotle? ba.food 5 hours ago
> Older Children and Shots alt.mothers 8 hours ago
> Closing Shift alt.folklore.ghost-stories 17 hours ago
> ants? rec.gardens.edible 5 days ago
> Eliminating Conflict? misc.kids Jul 8
> Are we going too far with efforts to eliminate conflict ...
> k12.chat.teacher Jul 8
> Odd project alt.home.repair Jun 29
> Homemade peanut butter misc.consumers.frugal-living Jun 28
> Open Letter to Wal-Mart -- poor inventory alt.consumers

"Open letter to Wal Mart"? What a douchebag!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
D D is offline

The Ranger wrote:
> On Jul 17, 3:00 pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> [snip]
>> Here Mr. Ranger-man:

> [snip boring recap]
>
> Why would you (or anyone else) care where I post and how often other
> than to follow my every word? No need to explain, I understand groupie
> behavior. Do try to contain your enthusiasm, though.
>
> The Ranger

Get over yourself. Narcissism is a disease. People can help you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Ophelia wrote:

(snips)
> Well I enjoyed reading about it!

Me, too! Besides, it had a happy ending! Or would that be; it
didn't have an unhappy ending <G>.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 18, 2:45*am, Sky > wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
> (snips)
> > Well I enjoyed reading about it!

> Me, too! *Besides, it had a happy ending! *Or would that be; it
> didn't have an unhappy ending <G>.

Thank ya kindly, ma'am.

The Ranger
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 5:49*pm, D > wrote:
[snip]
> When did you start suffering from narcissism? *This is classic!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Feel free to talk to any of the dozen or so
that hang on my every post about joining the boosters. Dues are
reasonable. I believe Sqwertz is the treasurer.

The Ranger
Posted to rec.food.cooking

D wrote:

> Chemo the Clown wrote:

>>> Right. Next you'll claim to add me to you kf. I don't mind. Keep
>>> reading. I know you can't help yourself.

>> Here Mr. Ranger-man:
>>
>> Recent Activity:
>> Activity in All 28 Groups -- 411 messages rec.food.cooking (238)
>> ba.food (64) alt.home.repair (47) k12.chat.teacher (11)
>> rec.gardens.edible (8) misc.kids (5) misc.consumers (4) alt.mothers
>> (3) misc.education (3) misc.consumers.frugal-living (3) alt.consumers
>> (3) alt.home.lawn.garden (2) ba.gardens (2) rec.food.preserving (2)
>> alt.building.construction (2) sci.engr.joining.welding (2)
>> alt.education (1) k12.chat.elementary (1) ba.consumers (1)
>> alt.home.cleaning (1) alt.romath (1) alt.folklore.ghost-stories (1)
>> rec.food.restaurants (1) alt.usenet.kooks (1) comp.mail.eudora.ms-
>> windows (1) alt.food.asian (1) alt.religion.kibology (1) alt.ezines
>> (1)
>> Overcharge and Attitude rec.food.cooking 4 hours ago
>> WTF?! A Line to Dine at Chipotle? ba.food 5 hours ago
>> Older Children and Shots alt.mothers 8 hours ago
>> Closing Shift alt.folklore.ghost-stories 17 hours ago
>> ants? rec.gardens.edible 5 days ago
>> Eliminating Conflict? misc.kids Jul 8
>> Are we going too far with efforts to eliminate conflict ...
>> k12.chat.teacher Jul 8
>> Odd project alt.home.repair Jun 29
>> Homemade peanut butter misc.consumers.frugal-living Jun 28
>> Open Letter to Wal-Mart -- poor inventory alt.consumers

> "Open letter to Wal Mart"? What a douchebag!

roflmao

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 10:47:51 -0700, The Ranger wrote:

> Sqwertz > wrote in message
>> [snip]

> So which puppets are you going to post with today? PVC or SW or JS?

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahah!

Get over yourself and accept that fact that multiple, distinct
people really don't care for you or your BS.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 19, 8:03*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
[snip]
> [..] accept that fact that multiple, distinct
> people really don't care for you [..]

I can accept that there are a handful of louts like you and duh-Wayne
(whining, pewling, braying) that offer nothing. And I'll willingly
shoulder the dislike they spew. It's part-and-parcel of the whole
Usenet experience. It's when the same louts start playing "me-too"
puppets that gets tiring.

So how is my booster revenue doing? Don't get too greedy; you don't
want those "multiple, distinct people" to turn on you, too.

The Ranger
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:53:38 -0400, D wrote:

> Get over yourself.

Hey - that was MY line!

It's unanimous - he needs to get over himself.

-sw (and D, on of my trusty sock puppets)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:53:38 -0400, D > fired
up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>The Ranger wrote:
>> On Jul 17, 3:00 pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> Here Mr. Ranger-man:

>> [snip boring recap]
>>
>> Why would you (or anyone else) care where I post and how often other
>> than to follow my every word? No need to explain, I understand groupie
>> behavior. Do try to contain your enthusiasm, though.
>>
>> The Ranger

>Get over yourself. Narcissism is a disease. People can help you.

Actually, narcissism is a personality disorder.

And if you don't like what the OP posts, why did you reply to this
thread three times?

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:22:15 -0700, Mark Thorson >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>The Ranger wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 17, 1:18 pm, Stu > wrote:
>> [snip]
>> > Sounds something like happened to me. [Robbery in progress..]

>> I've lived through a robbery. I hope to _NEVER_ experience another.

>I don't remember reading that one. Did you post it?
>
>I'd like to read it sometime, unless it's gots more
>anti-Norwegian bigotry in it.

I've been anticipating the day when the Ranger will expose himself as
anti-Welsh, too :-)

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 19 Jul 2009 05:39:27p, Terry Pulliam Burd told us...

> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:53:38 -0400, D > fired
> up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>
>>The Ranger wrote:
>>> On Jul 17, 3:00 pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> [snip boring recap]
>>>
>>> Why would you (or anyone else) care where I post and how often other
>>> than to follow my every word? No need to explain, I understand groupie
>>> behavior. Do try to contain your enthusiasm, though.
>>>
>>> The Ranger

>>Get over yourself. Narcissism is a disease. People can help you.

> Actually, narcissism is a personality disorder.

I suspect he also has OCD. He can never leave anything alone,
repetitively.

--
Wayne Boatwright
After violent emotion most people and all boys demand food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 08:24:48 -0700 (PDT), The Ranger wrote:

> On Jul 19, 8:03*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> [snip]
>> [..] accept that fact that multiple, distinct
>> people really don't care for you [..]

> I can accept that there are a handful of louts like you and duh-Wayne
> (whining, pewling, braying) that offer nothing. And I'll willingly
> shoulder the dislike they spew. It's part-and-parcel of the whole
> Usenet experience. It's when the same louts start playing "me-too"
> puppets that gets tiring.

clearly, anyone who doesn't think you're a prince is a lout, offering
nothing, or a sock-puppet of same. thanks for the explanation.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:21:44 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:53:38 -0400, D wrote:
>
>> Get over yourself.

> Hey - that was MY line!
>
> It's unanimous - he needs to get over himself.
>
> -sw (and D, on of my trusty sock puppets)

i'm not a puppet of any sort, and i think he's a pill, too.

your pal (wink-wink),
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy > wrote in message
[snip]

> clearly, anyone who doesn't think you're a prince is a lout, offering
> nothing, or a sock-puppet of same. thanks for the explanation.

Clearly I said nothing of the sort but you're knee-jerk reaction looking for
offense should allow you to continue posting is such a shotgun manner.
Thanks for continuing to be another of the braying asses.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 17:42:17 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:22:15 -0700, Mark Thorson >
> fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>
>>The Ranger wrote:
>>>
>>> On Jul 17, 1:18 pm, Stu > wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> I've lived through a robbery. I hope to _NEVER_ experience another.

>>I don't remember reading that one. Did you post it?
>>
>>I'd like to read it sometime, unless it's gots more
>>anti-Norwegian bigotry in it.

> I've been anticipating the day when the Ranger will expose himself as
> anti-Welsh, too :-)
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

what about us micks? (although sheldon has that pretty well covered.)

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 17, 12:58*pm, "The Ranger" > wrote:
/SNIP/
> The next day, the unit manager read my log entry and called me before I'd
> made it out the door to school. He simply said, "I don't close this place
> for a reason. Don't stay that late again."
>
> The Ranger

Sounds like something that happened to me. A friend and I were out for
a walk when we came across these huge anilmal tracks in the snow. We
followed them for a time and saw that whatever great beast we were
following had been joined by another of his kind.

WTP

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" wrote:

> what about us micks? (although sheldon has that pretty well covered.)

Yeah, but... I don't mean it derogatorily, just for the factualness.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 19, 5:42*pm, Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
[snip]
> I've been anticipating the day when the Ranger will expose himself as
> anti-Welsh, too :-)

I play soccer with a Welshman, the only one I've ever met to my
knowledge. I asked him which part of Australia he came from. The
Aussies and Scots thought it funny enough to prod him into a new
knickname, Syd. That was a decade-and-half ago...

The Ranger
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 20, 9:10*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 17:42:17 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:22:15 -0700, Mark Thorson >
> > fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

> > > I'd like to read it sometime, unless it's gots more anti-Norwegian
> > > bigotry in it.

> > I've been anticipating the day when the Ranger will expose himself as
> > anti-Welsh, too :-)

> what about us micks?

It would fully depend on whether you're an Orange or Green.

The Ranger
Posted to rec.food.cooking
D D is offline

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:53:38 -0400, D > fired
> up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>
>> The Ranger wrote:
>>> On Jul 17, 3:00 pm, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>> [snip boring recap]
>>>
>>> Why would you (or anyone else) care where I post and how often other
>>> than to follow my every word? No need to explain, I understand groupie
>>> behavior. Do try to contain your enthusiasm, though.
>>>
>>> The Ranger

>> Get over yourself. Narcissism is a disease. People can help you.

> Actually, narcissism is a personality disorder.
>
> And if you don't like what the OP posts, why did you reply to this
> thread three times?
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
>
> --
>
> "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as
> old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had been as full as the
> waitress's, it would have been a very good dinner."
>
> - Duncan Hines
>
> To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

That's debatable - they can be considered synonyms.

Why did you choose to jump on this one? Had anyone chase you lately?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.247...
> On Sun 19 Jul 2009 05:39:27p, Terry Pulliam Burd told us...
>
>> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:53:38 -0400, D > fired
>> up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>>>Get over yourself. Narcissism is a disease. People can help you.

>> Actually, narcissism is a personality disorder.

> I suspect he also has OCD. He can never leave anything alone,
> repetitively.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright
> After violent emotion most people and all boys demand food.
> Rudyard Kipling

Get it right, Wayne. It's CDO, in alphabetical order, THE WAY IT SHOULD
BE........repetitively.
-ginny