Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default RECIPE: spinach and feta stuffed flounder

Evelyn > wrote:

I have several decent 20 minute dinners adn then I have the large scale
dinners, like making 7-8 stuffed peppers at one time adn haveing it for
quite a few days. Soups full of stuff work this way too in the cool
weather. In the summer Ido make 2 quarts of gazpacho at a time and we
have it for meals and snacks for days.

I like string beans too, but they are more labor intensive than , say
prewashed spinach, broccoli, zuchinni, other summer squashes.

Wendy
etc.
: I tend to involve myself in making dinners that are way too labor intensive.
: I am trying to gear down for sanity's sake!

: --
: --
: Best Regards,
: Evelyn
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Evelyn > wrote:
>
> I have several decent 20 minute dinners adn then I have the large scale
> dinners, like making 7-8 stuffed peppers at one time adn haveing it for
> quite a few days. Soups full of stuff work this way too in the cool
> weather. In the summer Ido make 2 quarts of gazpacho at a time and we
> have it for meals and snacks for days.
>
> I like string beans too, but they are more labor intensive than , say
> prewashed spinach, broccoli, zuchinni, other summer squashes.
>
> Wendy

Wendy,

These string beans are ZERO work. You take the package they come in, snip
off a corner and microwave it for four minutes. That's it. No other
prep.

They sell these as two packages taped together in Sam's club. I serve
them whole with a small tongs and I personally will cut mine after they are
cooked for easy eating. No strings, no nasty ends to snip, nothing.

I put them into a nice corningware covered dish instead of cooking them in
the cellophane wrapper (which they suggest), and I microwaved them and
served them in the same dish. They are a very generous amount in a package
and I even had some left, which I put into a ziploc sandwich bag to save.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:
: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Evelyn > wrote:
: >
[...]

I get my stringbeans form an open bin and take what I want. We then have
to snip at least the stem end off before cooking or whtever. I don't see
prepackaged here in NYC.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Evelyn > wrote:
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Evelyn > wrote:
> : >
> : > I have several decent 20 minute dinners adn then I have the large
> scale
> : > dinners, like making 7-8 stuffed peppers at one time adn haveing it
> for
> : > quite a few days. Soups full of stuff work this way too in the cool
> : > weather. In the summer Ido make 2 quarts of gazpacho at a time and we
> : > have it for meals and snacks for days.
> : >
> : > I like string beans too, but they are more labor intensive than , say
> : > prewashed spinach, broccoli, zuchinni, other summer squashes.
> : >
> : > Wendy
>

> : Wendy,
>
> : These string beans are ZERO work. You take the package they come in,
> snip
> : off a corner and microwave it for four minutes. That's it. No other
> : prep.
>
> : They sell these as two packages taped together in Sam's club. I serve
> : them whole with a small tongs and I personally will cut mine after they
> are
> : cooked for easy eating. No strings, no nasty ends to snip, nothing.
>
> : I put them into a nice corningware covered dish instead of cooking them
> in
> : the cellophane wrapper (which they suggest), and I microwaved them and
> : served them in the same dish. They are a very generous amount in a
> package
> : and I even had some left, which I put into a ziploc sandwich bag to
> save.
> : --
> : Best Regards,
> : Evelyn
>
> I get my stringbeans form an open bin and take what I want. We then have
> to snip at least the stem end off before cooking or whtever. I don't see
> prepackaged here in NYC.
>
> Wendy

Wendy these are fresh, in a cellophane or plastic clear bag, all cleaned and
trimmed. They are whole beans, very slender french green beans. The only
place I find them like this is in Sam's club.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:
: >
: > I get my stringbeans form an open bin and take what I want. We then have
: > to snip at least the stem end off before cooking or whtever. I don't see
: > prepackaged here in NYC.
: >
: > Wendy

: Wendy these are fresh, in a cellophane or plastic clear bag, all cleaned and
: trimmed. They are whole beans, very slender french green beans. The only
: place I find them like this is in Sam's club.

: --
: --
: Best Regards,
: Evelyn

No Sam's Club near hear(also no Walmarts, BJ's etc and 1 Trader Joe's
several miles away and always VERY crowded) I do have Ffairway, which has
wonderful stuff at pretty good prices for NYC right around the corner, so
i can always get fresh stringbeans even if I have to snip the ends adn wsh
them:-)

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, "Evelyn"
> wrote:
> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> > I get my stringbeans form an open bin and take what I want. We then have
> > to snip at least the stem end off before cooking or whtever. I don't see
> > prepackaged here in NYC.
> >
> > Wendy

> Wendy these are fresh, in a cellophane or plastic clear bag, all cleaned and
> trimmed. They are whole beans, very slender french green beans. The only
> place I find them like this is in Sam's club.

I get them at Trader Joe's, but I've seen them at other markets, too. I
feel very lazy when I buy them, but I'm grateful they're there and buy
them anyway.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Evelyn"
> > wrote:
>> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> > I get my stringbeans form an open bin and take what I want. We then
>> > have
>> > to snip at least the stem end off before cooking or whtever. I don't
>> > see
>> > prepackaged here in NYC.
>> >
>> > Wendy

>> Wendy these are fresh, in a cellophane or plastic clear bag, all cleaned
>> and
>> trimmed. They are whole beans, very slender french green beans. The
>> only
>> place I find them like this is in Sam's club.

> I get them at Trader Joe's, but I've seen them at other markets, too. I
> feel very lazy when I buy them, but I'm grateful they're there and buy
> them anyway.
>
> Priscilla

For me it is a good thing. I love green beans and make them several
different ways. So even though these 2 packages are large, I find they are
fine for us.
Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Evelyn" > wrote:

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> > In article >, "Evelyn"
> > > wrote:

> >> Wendy these are fresh, in a cellophane or plastic clear bag, all cleaned
> >> and
> >> trimmed. They are whole beans, very slender french green beans. The
> >> only
> >> place I find them like this is in Sam's club.

> > I get them at Trader Joe's, but I've seen them at other markets, too. I
> > feel very lazy when I buy them, but I'm grateful they're there and buy
> > them anyway.
> >
> > Priscilla

> For me it is a good thing. I love green beans and make them several
> different ways. So even though these 2 packages are large, I find they are
> fine for us.

I have become enamored of the containers of sliced mushrooms I can get
at Trader Joe's and the sliced colored peppers available at Whole Foods.
Add a basket of organic cherry tomatoes, and I'm ready to make a super
breakfast in a snap, or fancy up some veggies at dinner time. These are
convenience foods that are actually good for me!

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>
>> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>> > In article >, "Evelyn"

>> > I get them at Trader Joe's, but I've seen them at other markets, too.
>> > feel very lazy when I buy them, but I'm grateful they're there and buy
>> > them anyway.
>> >
>> > Priscilla

>> For me it is a good thing. I love green beans and make them several
>> different ways. So even though these 2 packages are large, I find they
>> are
>> fine for us.

> I have become enamored of the containers of sliced mushrooms I can get
> at Trader Joe's and the sliced colored peppers available at Whole Foods.
> Add a basket of organic cherry tomatoes, and I'm ready to make a super
> breakfast in a snap, or fancy up some veggies at dinner time. These are
> convenience foods that are actually good for me!
>
> Priscilla

You are lucky to have both of those stores near you! I think that nothing
is easier to do than fresh veggies. And they are always good for us!