Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default KFC's New Chicken Sandwich Contains Beef !!!

Reminiscent of the recent chicken fried steak thread,
we now learn that KFC's chicken sandwich contains beef!

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,2676386.story

Must be tough to be a Hindu these days.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson said...

> we now learn that KFC's chicken sandwich contains beef!

I always suspected it didn't contain chicken! <G>

"Loco" doesn't even list (on their website) their ingredients whatsoever for
anything on their menu, declaring them secret. When "Loco" was asked over the
phone "how do we know your products don't contain beef?" Their response was
merely "uhm..." [pause while a woman cuts in] "...we can assure everyone that
our products don't contain beef." Oh, really?!? That assurance by two
nameless, faceless Loco employees. The BUMS!!!

I'd bet if there was full disclosure on Loco's part they be yellow with
embarrassment. I'll bet KFCs attorneys are working up a complaint.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:10:29 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:

> Reminiscent of the recent chicken fried steak thread,
> we now learn that KFC's chicken sandwich contains beef!
>
> http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,2676386.story
>
> Must be tough to be a Hindu these days.

Seems pretty petty. Many beef-based products contain chicken, and
many chicken products contain beef. And many vegetable-based
products used to contain one or the other - or a artificial
chicken/beef flavoring nowadays.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:59:30 -0500, Sqwertz
> wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:10:29 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:
>
>> Reminiscent of the recent chicken fried steak thread,
>> we now learn that KFC's chicken sandwich contains beef!
>>
>> http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,2676386.story
>>
>> Must be tough to be a Hindu these days.

>Seems pretty petty. Many beef-based products contain chicken, and
>many chicken products contain beef. And many vegetable-based
>products used to contain one or the other - or a artificial
>chicken/beef flavoring nowadays.
>
>-sw

Oh I don't know, if you go to KFC for their new grilled chiken
sandwich I don't think you want beef in it, you want just chicken.
Sure they discose what's in the new sandwich on their website but who
has a computer in their back pocket when they order? I'd like to see
it disclosed in the resturant in a way patrons could see it, not just
on a website.

Have you ever read the back of one of McD's tray liners? Have a look
is all I'm saying.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> Oh I don't know, if you go to KFC for their new grilled chiken
> sandwich I don't think you want beef in it, you want just chicken.

I wouldn't eat chicken with KFC's name on it!

Their grilled chicken is not new. It was available last year but customers
weren't trying it so KFC did the free meal offer a few months back in an
attempt to generate new interest. They never said it was new, unless putting
it on a roll made it "new." Seems to be working, sadly.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 13, 11:13*am, wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:59:30 -0500, Sqwertz
>

> > wrote:
> >On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:10:29 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:

> >> Reminiscent of the recent chicken fried steak thread,
> >> we now learn that KFC's chicken sandwich contains beef!

> >>http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,2676386.story

> >> Must be tough to be a Hindu these days.

> >Seems pretty petty. *Many beef-based products contain chicken, and
> >many chicken products contain beef. *And many vegetable-based
> >products used to contain one or the other - or a artificial
> >chicken/beef flavoring nowadays.

> >-sw

> Oh I don't know, if you go to KFC for their new grilled chiken
> sandwich I don't think you want beef in it, you want just chicken.
> Sure they discose what's in the new sandwich on their website but who
> has a computer in their back pocket when they order? I'd like to see
> it disclosed in the resturant in a way patrons could see it, not just
> on a website.
>
> Have you ever read the back of one of McD's tray liners?
> Have a look is all I'm saying.

Ugh, they use Kool Aid and Cool Whip. Wait, that's YOUR website:
INGREDIENTS:

1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow or white cake mix
1 envelope Kool-Aid Unsweetened Orange Drink Mix
3 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
12 HoneyMaid Graham Wafer, broken crosswise in half
2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
2 fruit roll snacks, any colour (we used pull apart string licorice)
24 jelly beans
source-- http://foodforu.ca/recipeofweek.html
"Have a look."

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy said...

> I'd bet if there was full disclosure on Loco's part they be yellow with
> embarrassment. I'll bet KFCs attorneys are working up a complaint.

Thinking about it, KFC is probably furiously at work kreating TV commercials
as we speak...

"We at KFC would like to know the ingredients in 'Loco's' foods but...
pssst... it their dirty little secret!"

Watch it backfire in Loco's face. I hope it does. Loco is probably a gasp
away from chapter 11 anyway, to think this up.

Never tried Loco.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:21:50 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

>--Bryan

You know...you really have to be a busy little beaver to keep up with
all your posting monikers. Plonk once again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:21:50 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

>On Jun 13, 11:13*am, wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:59:30 -0500, Sqwertz
>>

>> > wrote:

>> >Seems pretty petty. *Many beef-based products contain chicken, and
>> >many chicken products contain beef. *And many vegetable-based
>> >products used to contain one or the other - or a artificial
>> >chicken/beef flavoring nowadays.

>> >-sw

>> Oh I don't know, if you go to KFC for their new grilled chiken
>> sandwich I don't think you want beef in it, you want just chicken.
>> Sure they discose what's in the new sandwich on their website but who
>> has a computer in their back pocket when they order? I'd like to see
>> it disclosed in the resturant in a way patrons could see it, not just
>> on a website.
>>
>> Have you ever read the back of one of McD's tray liners?
>> Have a look is all I'm saying.

>Ugh, they use Kool Aid and Cool Whip. Wait, that's YOUR website:
>INGREDIENTS:
>
>1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow or white cake mix
>1 envelope Kool-Aid Unsweetened Orange Drink Mix
>3 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
>12 HoneyMaid Graham Wafer, broken crosswise in half
>2 cups thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
>2 fruit roll snacks, any colour (we used pull apart string licorice)
>24 jelly beans
> source-- http://foodforu.ca/recipeofweek.html
>"Have a look."
>
>--Bryan

Where's your website, I'd like a chance to critique it .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> Reminiscent of the recent chicken fried steak thread,
> we now learn that KFC's chicken sandwich contains beef!
>
> http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,2676386.story
>
> Must be tough to be a Hindu these days.

Well, I guess it backfired on el pollo loco since ALL of their
commercials seem to have been pulled where they used to be on a pretty
heavy rotation -several times a night. I have not seem the new
commercial at ALL not even one time!

cl

Italian Beef Sandwich garnish sf[_9_] General Cooking 1 15-01-2013 08:17 AM
bbq beef sandwich Zz Yzx Barbecue 17 01-12-2012 02:45 AM
Mayonnaise on corned beef sandwich -- ick Steve Pope General Cooking 29 31-10-2011 11:25 PM
Chesdan's Beef Sandwich Max Power Recipes (moderated) 0 19-05-2007 03:50 PM