Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Another Sandra-Lee Type Recipe - White & Wild Rice Soup

Been making this for years and years

1 box Uncle Bens White & Wild Rice Mix (with seasoning packet)
1 can poultry or vegetable broth or 2 cups homemade stock
1 cup half & half or single cream

Cook the rice mix per package directions, adding the seasoning packet as
directed. When the rice is cooked, add 1 can of broth or stock and heat
through. Then stir in 1 cup of half & half or single cream and heat the
mixture on low until the soup is lightly thickened.

That's about it. Pretty much instant white & wild rice soup

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 00:22:50 -0600, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Been making this for years and years
>
>1 box Uncle Bens White & Wild Rice Mix (with seasoning packet)
>1 can poultry or vegetable broth or 2 cups homemade stock
>1 cup half & half or single cream
>
>Cook the rice mix per package directions, adding the seasoning packet as
>directed. When the rice is cooked, add 1 can of broth or stock and heat
>through. Then stir in 1 cup of half & half or single cream and heat the
>mixture on low until the soup is lightly thickened.
>
>That's about it. Pretty much instant white & wild rice soup

Thanks for posting this, Jill. Couldn't be more simple, and I'll bet
it's delicious.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 03 Nov 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Thanks for posting this, Jill. Couldn't be more simple, and I'll bet
> it's delicious.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Kathy's Wild Rice Casserole

none

1/3 cup wild rice; par boiled*
1 cup long grain rice; uncooked
2.5 cups chicken stock
2 to 3 shallots; finely sliced
1.5 cup mushrooms; chopped
3/4 cup pecan halves
2 tbsps Butter
2 to 3 garlic cloves; minced
1/2 tsp lots of fresh ground black pepper

*Partially pre-cook the wild rice as it takes longer to cook than regular
rice.

Sometimes I add crisp crumbled bacon too about 4 strips.

this time I toasted the pecans but it didn't seem to make a difference in
flavour. You could use sliced almonds

rinse well and par boil wild rice about 8 minutes.
mix with raw rinsed long grain rice and toss in the rest.
stir and bake at 350 about 45 min or till done.

tastes good but better the next day as left overs. (with chunks/slices of
meat from previous meal kinda a cold stir fry/salad).

I used salty canned stock so i didn't use salted butter or use salt
anywhere else in the recipe.

makes enough for more than 4 as a side dish. .