Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mesh Frying Pan

Has anyone used this?

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:

> Has anyone used this?
>
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

I think the only use for this is if you absolutely need to
cut your vegetables small for grilling, for some reason.

As a rule, cutting them bigger makes them easy to grill
and that's what I do. Don't think I'd have a use for this
item.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
RegForte > wrote:

> Kswck wrote:
>
> > Has anyone used this?
> >
> > http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero
> >

> I think the only use for this is if you absolutely need to
> cut your vegetables small for grilling, for some reason.
>
> As a rule, cutting them bigger makes them easy to grill
> and that's what I do. Don't think I'd have a use for this
> item.

It's handy for stuff that is already small like shrimp and mushrooms
etc. I most often skewer those.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 4, 1:13*pm, "Kswck" > wrote:
> Has anyone used this?
>
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

Not that specific mesh pan, but I've used a similar utensil with small
mesh. Not stainless steel, rather the standard black grill
accessory. No surprises, it does just as you'd expect. If you want
the grill markings, preheat the utensil over the coals/flame. The
mesh gives you a little more smokiness than a solid pan on the grill
would. Cleaning is easy, especially if you've splashed some oil on
the veggies before they go into the pan. -aem
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" > wrote in message
> Has anyone used this?
>
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

I guess that it is ONLY for the grill-no?
Thank you for all that responded.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:

> I guess that it is ONLY for the grill-no?

Or a stovetop that you never intend to clean.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson > wrote in :
> Kswck wrote:
>>
>> I guess that it is ONLY for the grill-no?

> Or a stovetop that you never intend to clean.

Or a campfire... Roasted marshmallows?!? :-)

=.=.=.=.=
Begoluna
=.=.=.==
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote on Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:13:00 -0400:

> Has anyone used this?

> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

It might well work if you do a lot of barbequeing but I'm not going to
buy one.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:
> Has anyone used this?
>
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

Not a mesh one, but we use a square enameled pan with lots
of small holes on the bottom
for grilling various vegetables on the outdoor grill. It
works quite well.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" > wrote in message
> Has anyone used this?
>
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

I wouldn't try to fry any chicken in it.

Actually, you can't really fry anything in it. All the oil would leak out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> Kswck wrote:
>>
>> I guess that it is ONLY for the grill-no?

> Or a stovetop that you never intend to clean.

Now, that's funny. I don't care who you are.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Kswck wrote on Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:13:00 -0400:
>
>> Has anyone used this?

>> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

> It might well work if you do a lot of barbequeing but I'm not going to buy
> one.

How would you barbecue in that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" > wrote in message
> Has anyone used this?
>
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

Cook's Illustrated just did a road test on grill top items and preferred
this product made by Weber.
http://store.weber.com/Items/WeberSt....aspx?pid=1346
though they liked the above WS grill pan. I'm probably going to shoot for
the Weber product.

Ed

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kswck" ha scritto nel messaggio news

> Has anyone used this?
>
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

What makes it a frying pan if you can'y fry in it? Shouldn't it be called a
grilling pan?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mango wrote on Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:29:04 -0400:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in
> message ...
>> Kswck wrote on Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:13:00 -0400:
>>
>>> Has anyone used this?

>>> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

>> It might well work if you do a lot of barbequeing but I'm not
>> going to buy one.

>How would you barbecue in that?

It would allow vegetables to be cooked more uniformly than directly on
the barbecue grid but what does it matter?
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Mango wrote on Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:29:04 -0400:
>

>> "James Silverton" > wrote in
>> message ...

>>> It might well work if you do a lot of barbequeing but I'm not
>>> going to buy one.

>>How would you barbecue in that?

> It would allow vegetables to be cooked more uniformly than directly on the
> barbecue grid but what does it matter?

How do you bbq vegetables, with or without that? Wouldn't the low fire
temps and the long times turn the veggies into leather?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 4, 3:13*pm, "Kswck" > wrote:
> Has anyone used this?
>
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

No, I don't grill - but I would think a better idea would be something
similar to this only made like a fish-griller-turner (mesh paddle
deal) that would be about an inch and a half deep and have a mesh
cover that would snap in place. Then you could load it up, snap the
cover on, and just turn it over to get all sides grilled, so to speak
- instead of trying to stir-fry in this frypan with an implement which
would catch on the mesh. That's just me, though. I used to grill....

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:13:00 -0400, "Kswck" >
wrote:

>Has anyone used this?
>
>http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

I've got a couple of the pans with lots of holes in them. They work
well. The one you posted might be a problem stirring the veggies. I
do like Nancy2's idea to use a fish grilling basket. I've got one of
those and I might just try that.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:47:37 -0400, "Mango Lloyd"
> wrote:

>"James Silverton" > wrote in message
>> Mango wrote on Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:29:04 -0400:
>>

>>> "James Silverton" > wrote in
>>> message ...

>>>How would you barbecue in that?

>> It would allow vegetables to be cooked more uniformly than directly on the
>> barbecue grid but what does it matter?

>How do you bbq vegetables, with or without that? Wouldn't the low fire
>temps and the long times turn the veggies into leather?

Are you going to turn this into a bbq vs. grilling thread? And for
the record you can bbq and grill at the same time with a smoker with a
side mounted firebox. You can grill lunch and be bbq'ing dinner at
the same time on the same device.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 4, 3:13*pm, "Kswck" > wrote:
> Has anyone used this?
>
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

If I had a grill (teeny apartment, 5th floor, no yard/courtyard) or a
gas stove (and didn't wear oxygen in the apartment I would definitely
get this. As for stirring/turning, aren't you supposed to shake the
pan and flip the contents? (Not that I can do that, mind you!)
Lynn in Fargo
Need to buy a stovetop grill pan
got a really good vent fan!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mango Lloyd wrote:

> "Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> > Kswck wrote:
> >>
> >> I guess that it is ONLY for the grill-no?

> > Or a stovetop that you never intend to clean.

> Now, that's funny. I don't care who you are.

You haven't seen my stovetop.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Theron" > wrote in message

> "Kswck" > wrote in message
>> Has anyone used this?
>>
>> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero
>>

> Cook's Illustrated just did a road test on grill top items and preferred
> this product made by Weber.
> http://store.weber.com/Items/WeberSt....aspx?pid=1346
> though they liked the above WS grill pan. I'm probably going to shoot for
> the Weber product.
>
> Ed

I have one similar to the Weber. It is OK, but if I was to do more mixed
small veggies cooking on the grill, the WS model seems to be better as you
can flip the stuff easier right in the pan as opposed to turning it on the
grill plate. I'm not sure I can justify $30 for a little used tool though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:
> Has anyone used this?
>
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero

I have one and we've used it a couple of times for small diced peppers
and onions on the grill. We just put it in the dishwasher afterwards.
Goomba
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 10:58:58 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:13:00 -0400, "Kswck" >
> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone used this?
>>
>>http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero
>>

> I've got a couple of the pans with lots of holes in them. They work
> well. The one you posted might be a problem stirring the veggies. I
> do like Nancy2's idea to use a fish grilling basket. I've got one of
> those and I might just try that.
>
> Lou

i think the fish basket would be more practical as well, and probably
cheaper.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 10:58:58 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 16:13:00 -0400, "Kswck" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Has anyone used this?
>>>
>>>http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...?cm_src=hphero
>>>

>> I've got a couple of the pans with lots of holes in them. They work
>> well. The one you posted might be a problem stirring the veggies. I
>> do like Nancy2's idea to use a fish grilling basket. I've got one of
>> those and I might just try that.
>>
>> Lou

> i think the fish basket would be more practical as well, and probably
> cheaper.

With veggies simply cut them into larger pieces and cook them directly on
the grill grates... even those fish baskets are a waste... wrap fish in
lettuce leaves... hispanic markets sell banana leaves for grilling delicate
foods.

Metal mesh filters for catering machines Mervyn Carter[_2_] Coffee 0 11-03-2009 01:40 PM
Steel Mesh Baskets Stu General Cooking 9 05-06-2007 09:05 AM
Mesh Pans Stu Cooking Equipment 0 25-05-2007 09:50 AM
Stainless mesh basket infuser for large pot KeemunBLK Tea 3 16-07-2005 09:02 PM
Help, please. Want wire-mesh bowls, described here Nancree General Cooking 17 18-07-2004 06:17 AM