Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default (2009-05-30) NS-RFC: Silly survey: Is 'facial fur' (on males) related to an interest in food/cooking?

http://www.recfoodcooking.com
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

I think you get to wax my mustache.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 May 2009 17:16:47 +0000, brooklyn1 wrote:

> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy
>>

> I think you get to wax my mustache.

In your dreams :P

However, you are welcome to a TFH... ;-)

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy said...

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

Cathy,

I grew a mustache and beard back in the early 1980s in Los Angeles. My
sister-in-law was visiting from Philly.

One morning during her stay I shaved them off. I came downstairs and staring
at me in shock, she yelled out "Andy, you look ten years younger!!!" I've
never dawned either ever since.

Best,

Andy
Voter #2
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 May 2009 12:33:10 -0500, Andy wrote:

> ChattyCathy said...
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

> Cathy,
>
> I grew a mustache and beard back in the early 1980s in Los Angeles. My
> sister-in-law was visiting from Philly.
>
> One morning during her stay I shaved them off. I came downstairs and staring
> at me in shock, she yelled out "Andy, you look ten years younger!!!" I've
> never dawned either ever since.

Ah.

But I dunno. I don't think facial fur is that ageing.. in fact I think on
some men it looks great (at any age). Just goes to show, different strokes
for different folks...

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

I believe that so many rfc guys have facial hair is because
most of them consider themselves
rugged individualists if not actually counter-culture.
After all, they are posting to a food newsgroup!
I don't believe facial hair in itself has anything to do
with appreciating food.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 May 2009 11:51:12 -0600, Puester wrote:

> ChattyCathy wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

> I believe that so many rfc guys have facial hair is because
> most of them consider themselves
> rugged individualists if not actually counter-culture.
> After all, they are posting to a food newsgroup!

Nothing unusual about men posting to a food group, IMHO - after all,
aren't the world's best chefs supposed to be men?

<ducking and running>
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" > wrote in message

> I grew a mustache and beard back in the early 1980s in Los Angeles. My
> sister-in-law was visiting from Philly.
>
> One morning during her stay I shaved them off. I came downstairs and
> staring
> at me in shock, she yelled out "Andy, you look ten years younger!!!" I've
> never dawned either ever since.
>
> Best,
>
> Andy
> Voter #2

Similar experience in both directions. Grew a bear in the late 70's and
people said I looked younger. Shaved it in the early 90's and people said I
looked younger. I'm thinking of growing and shaving in alternate months to
see if they keep thinking of me younger.

Still have the moustache though. Now it serves as a reminder of what hair
is since there is not much left on the head.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski said...

> Similar experience in both directions. Grew a bear in the late 70's and
> people said I looked younger. Shaved it in the early 90's and people
> said I looked younger. I'm thinking of growing and shaving in alternate
> months to see if they keep thinking of me younger.

LOLOL!!!

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 30, 1:22*pm, ChattyCathy > wrote:
> On Sat, 30 May 2009 17:16:47 +0000, brooklyn1 wrote:
>
> > "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
> >>http://www.recfoodcooking.com
> >> --
> >> Cheers
> >> Chatty Cathy

> > I think you get to wax my mustache.

> In your dreams :P
>
> However, you are welcome to a TFH... ;-)
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Isn't tin foil used when they are streaking or adding highlights to
hair?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 30, 2:28*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> Similar experience in both directions. *Grew a bear in the late 70's

Black, brown, grizzley or polar?
<g>
maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy said...

> On Sat, 30 May 2009 12:33:10 -0500, Andy wrote:
>
>> ChattyCathy said...
>>
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

>> Cathy,
>>
>> I grew a mustache and beard back in the early 1980s in Los Angeles. My
>> sister-in-law was visiting from Philly.
>>
>> One morning during her stay I shaved them off. I came downstairs and
>> staring at me in shock, she yelled out "Andy, you look ten years
>> younger!!!" I've never dawned either ever since.

> Ah.
>
> But I dunno. I don't think facial fur is that ageing.. in fact I think
> on some men it looks great (at any age). Just goes to show, different
> strokes for different folks...

Cathy,

My mistake about shaving during her visit was the ex got very jealous at us
both for that.

Best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Puester" wrote:
> ChattyCathy wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

> I believe that so many rfc guys have facial hair is because most of them
> consider themselves
> rugged individualists if not actually counter-culture.

I've had a mustache all my life ever since I could grow one, never
considered it rugged or counterculture.

> After all, they are posting to a food newsgroup!
> I don't believe facial hair in itself has anything to do with appreciating
> food.

Sure it does, facial hair allows one to taste/smell their meal for hours.
When I was in the navy and on liberty and was with some gal I didn't wash
until long after I returned to my ship... when my shipmates asked if I had a
good time I'd wave my finger under their nose and say, here, smell! hehe
Hey, that ship was getting underway in a couple hours and could be months
before I'd see land again, that aroma had to last awhile. LOL Hey, just
being real. Thanks for the deje vous, made my day. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"maxine" > wrote in message
On May 30, 2:28 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> Similar experience in both directions. Grew a bear in the late 70's

Black, brown, grizzley or polar?
<g>

Probably Teddy LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"brooklyn1" > wrote in message

> "maxine" > wrote in message
> On May 30, 2:28 pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
>
>> Similar experience in both directions. Grew a bear in the late 70's

> Black, brown, grizzley or polar?
> <g>
>
> Probably Teddy LOL

Used to be brown, now more polar in color.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 May 2009 19:05:40 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>http://www.recfoodcooking.com

My facial hair has nothing to do with cooking, it has to do with a
bicycle accident. At age 12 I went face-first onto a
freshly-oiled-and-shaled road. There's still a tidbit of stone in my
upper lip and a small scar under my nose. When I started shaving I
nicked that scar almost every time. As soon as I was able to grow a
moustache, I did so.

I grew the beard later because it made me look mean. When you look
like a Klingon, fewer students come round complaining about grades and
such. :-)

Best -- Terry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

My beard comes and goes. I get tired of shaving so I grow a beard (and
moustache). When I get tired of the beard I shave it off, except that I
tend to keep it on for the winter. I can grow a beard in about two
weeks. It comes and goes so often that my friends and family lose track.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ChattyCathy > wrote in message
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

I've had the moustache most of my teenage and adult life. I've tried
numerous times to grow a beard but I look like a frickin' calico (red,
blond, brown, and tan mixtures). The two times I've been forced to remove my
moustache was directly related to daughter-unit inspired accidents. Lately,
the reddish-blonds have started to whiten so it might be time to remove said
fur... But not yet.

The Ranger

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 May 2009 12:33:10 -0500, Andy > wrote:

>ChattyCathy said...
>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

>Cathy,
>
>I grew a mustache and beard back in the early 1980s in Los Angeles. My
>sister-in-law was visiting from Philly.
>
>One morning during her stay I shaved them off. I came downstairs and staring
>at me in shock, she yelled out "Andy, you look ten years younger!!!" I've
>never dawned either ever since.

Heh! When I was consulting and doing a lot of expert witness
testimony, I grew a beard to look older and therefore wiser.

Now I wear it to look younger....

Go figure.

Alex
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>ChattyCathy wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

>I believe that so many rfc guys have facial hair is because
>most of them consider themselves
>rugged individualists if not actually counter-culture.
>After all, they are posting to a food newsgroup!
>I don't believe facial hair in itself has anything to do
>with appreciating food.
>
>gloria p

Actually facial hair is a factor in the appreciation of
certain foods. For example.... if you ever got melted
mozzerella in your beard, you'd understand.

Alex, careful when eating pizza.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 May 2009 19:22:04 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> On Sat, 30 May 2009 17:16:47 +0000, brooklyn1 wrote:
>

>> "ChattyCathy" > wrote in message
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com
>>> --
>>> Cheers
>>> Chatty Cathy
>>>

>> I think you get to wax my mustache.

> In your dreams :P

it's like a bikini wax job - first you wax, then you rip. wouldn't that be
fun?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 May 2009 19:55:42 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> On Sat, 30 May 2009 11:51:12 -0600, Puester wrote:
>
>> ChattyCathy wrote:
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

>> I believe that so many rfc guys have facial hair is because
>> most of them consider themselves
>> rugged individualists if not actually counter-culture.
>> After all, they are posting to a food newsgroup!

> Nothing unusual about men posting to a food group, IMHO - after all,
> aren't the world's best chefs supposed to be men?
>
> <ducking and running>

men just like to swear at people while they order them around.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 May 2009 19:57:10 GMT, brooklyn1 wrote:

> "Puester" wrote:
>> ChattyCathy wrote:
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

>> I believe that so many rfc guys have facial hair is because most of them
>> consider themselves
>> rugged individualists if not actually counter-culture.

> I've had a mustache all my life ever since I could grow one, never
> considered it rugged or counterculture.
>
>> After all, they are posting to a food newsgroup!
>> I don't believe facial hair in itself has anything to do with appreciating
>> food.
>>

> Sure it does, facial hair allows one to taste/smell their meal for hours.
> When I was in the navy and on liberty and was with some gal I didn't wash
> until long after I returned to my ship... when my shipmates asked if I had a
> good time I'd wave my finger under their nose and say, here, smell! hehe
> Hey, that ship was getting underway in a couple hours and could be months
> before I'd see land again, that aroma had to last awhile. LOL Hey, just
> being real.

then it was back to plain old buggery, huh, sheldon?

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com

Here's me on an elk hunt slightly over half my life ago. The tooth has
been fixed, but I'm still struggling with the topknot.
<http://i40.tinypic.com/2n03d5w.jpg>
My hair is still nearly all dark at 62, but my beard is snow white. So I
cut it off. I wore one to look older. Now I shave it to look younger.
I showed this picture to my granddaughter, and she had no idea who she
was looking at. I liked to cook then and now.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Leonard Blaisdell > wrote:

> In article >,
> ChattyCathy > wrote:
>
> > http://www.recfoodcooking.com

> Here's me on an elk hunt slightly over half my life ago. The tooth has
> been fixed, but I'm still struggling with the topknot.
> <http://i40.tinypic.com/2n03d5w.jpg>
> My hair is still nearly all dark at 62, but my beard is snow white. So I
> cut it off. I wore one to look older. Now I shave it to look younger.
> I showed this picture to my granddaughter, and she had no idea who she
> was looking at. I liked to cook then and now.
>
> leo

Hey, it was winter and you had to keep your face warm. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Must be a sign of amateur status. Facial hair is a
big inconvenience if working in the business. Masks
or clean shaven.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Freyburger > wrote:

> Must be a sign of amateur status. Facial hair is a
> big inconvenience if working in the business. Masks
> or clean shaven.

Well, then what about Alain Senderens, Pierre Gagnaire, or Guy Savoy?
Alain Ducasse has been known to sport a beard at times, too, if I
remember correctly. Michel Troisgros has always had a moustache and his
late brother Jean always had a beard. These are all Michelin three-star
chefs. I have trouble imagining any of them wearing masks in the
kitchen.

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Sat, 30 May 2009 19:55:42 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

>>> I believe that so many rfc guys have facial hair is because
>>> most of them consider themselves
>>> rugged individualists if not actually counter-culture.
>>> After all, they are posting to a food newsgroup!

>> Nothing unusual about men posting to a food group, IMHO - after all,
>> aren't the world's best chefs supposed to be men?
>>
>> <ducking and running>

> men just like to swear at people while they order them around.

But they do it so well...
--
Cheers
ChattyCathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:

> On Sat, 30 May 2009 19:22:04 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

>>> I think you get to wax my mustache.

>> In your dreams :P
>>

> it's like a bikini wax job - first you wax, then you rip. wouldn't
> that be fun?

Erm... no. Clever man.

--
Cheers
ChattyCathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
ChattyCathy > wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:

> >> In your dreams :P
> >>

> > it's like a bikini wax job - first you wax, then you rip. wouldn't
> > that be fun?

> Erm... no. Clever man.

<snicker>

There is always a Brazilian...
http://beauty.about.com/od/hairremoval/ht/bikiniwax.htm
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 May 2009 19:05:40 +0200, ChattyCathy
> wrote:

>http://www.recfoodcooking.com

Facial fur has nothing to do with my food interests unless I'm sitting
across the table from some pig with a hairy face full of food. I find
it repulsive. Years ago I was having lunch and some guy at another
table had a big glob of mayo on his beard. It was so disgusting I had
to change tables. I can get lazy or busy and not shave for a few days
but there's no way I'd ever have a beard or mustache.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 May 2009 19:57:10 GMT, "brooklyn1"
> wrote:

> when my shipmates asked if I had a
>good time I'd wave my finger under their nose and say, here, smell! hehe
>Hey, that ship was getting underway in a couple hours and could be months
>before I'd see land again, that aroma had to last awhile.

Admitting to having that on your face is about par for you. You do
know that many women don't stink don't you? And why would you have
that on your face when you had to pay for the service? You're pretty
freaky shemp.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:35:02 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Sat, 30 May 2009 19:57:10 GMT, "brooklyn1"
> > wrote:
>
>> when my shipmates asked if I had a
>>good time I'd wave my finger under their nose and say, here, smell! hehe
>>Hey, that ship was getting underway in a couple hours and could be months
>>before I'd see land again, that aroma had to last awhile.

> Admitting to having that on your face is about par for you. You do
> know that many women don't stink don't you? And why would you have
> that on your face when you had to pay for the service? You're pretty
> freaky shemp.
>
> Lou

sheldon liked to get full value from the two dollars he paid these women.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 04 Jun 2009 15:38:03 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 10:35:02 -0500, Lou Decruss wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 30 May 2009 19:57:10 GMT, "brooklyn1"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> when my shipmates asked if I had a
>>>good time I'd wave my finger under their nose and say, here, smell! hehe
>>>Hey, that ship was getting underway in a couple hours and could be months
>>>before I'd see land again, that aroma had to last awhile.

>> Admitting to having that on your face is about par for you. You do
>> know that many women don't stink don't you? And why would you have
>> that on your face when you had to pay for the service? You're pretty
>> freaky shemp.
>>
>> Lou

>sheldon liked to get full value from the two dollars he paid these women.

Ya-but 'face" value? From a hooker? ewwwww

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake wrote:

>>> when my shipmates asked if I had a good time I'd wave my finger under
>>> their nose and say, here, smell! hehe Hey, that ship was getting
>>> underway in a couple hours and could be months before I'd see land
>>> again, that aroma had to last awhile.

>> Admitting to having that on your face is about par for you. You do
>> know that many women don't stink don't you? And why would you have
>> that on your face when you had to pay for the service? You're pretty
>> freaky shemp.

> sheldon liked to get full value from the two dollars he paid these women.

Two dollars? He must have paid by the inch!

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 17:38:19 -0700, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>>> Admitting to having that on your face is about par for you. You do
>>> know that many women don't stink don't you? And why would you have
>>> that on your face when you had to pay for the service? You're pretty
>>> freaky shemp.

>> sheldon liked to get full value from the two dollars he paid these women.

>Two dollars? He must have paid by the inch!

Then he for change back.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>>> Admitting to having that on your face is about par for you. You do
>>> know that many women don't stink don't you? And why would you have
>>> that on your face when you had to pay for the service? You're pretty
>>> freaky shemp.

>> sheldon liked to get full value from the two dollars he paid these women.

> Two dollars? He must have paid by the inch!
>
> Bob

<snort>

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

brooklyn1 wrote:

> "Puester" wrote:
> > ChattyCathy wrote:
> >>http://www.recfoodcooking.com

> > I believe that so many rfc guys have facial hair is because most of them
> > consider themselves
> > rugged individualists if not actually counter-culture.

> I've had a mustache all my life ever since I could grow one, never
> considered it rugged or counterculture.
>
> > After all, they are posting to a food newsgroup!
> > I don't believe facial hair in itself has anything to do with appreciating
> > food.

> Sure it does, facial hair allows one to taste/smell their meal for hours.
> When I was in the navy and on liberty and was with some gal I didn't wash
> until long after I returned to my ship... when my shipmates asked if I had a
> good time I'd wave my finger under their nose and say, here, smell! hehe
> Hey, that ship was getting underway in a couple hours and could be months
> before I'd see land again, that aroma had to last awhile. LOL *Hey, just
> being real. *Thanks for the deje vous, made my day. :-)

Sounds like you had liberty in the Bay of Naples, "Where the women
smell like fish and the fish smell like women"...!!!

;-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
brooklyn1 wrote:

> "Puester" wrote:
> > ChattyCathy wrote:
> >>http://www.recfoodcooking.com

> > I believe that so many rfc guys have facial hair is because most of them
> > consider themselves
> > rugged individualists if not actually counter-culture.

> I've had a mustache all my life ever since I could grow one, never
> considered it rugged or counterculture.
>
> > After all, they are posting to a food newsgroup!
> > I don't believe facial hair in itself has anything to do with
> > appreciating
> > food.

> Sure it does, facial hair allows one to taste/smell their meal for hours.
> When I was in the navy and on liberty and was with some gal I didn't wash
> until long after I returned to my ship... when my shipmates asked if I had
> good time I'd wave my finger under their nose and say, here, smell! hehe
> Hey, that ship was getting underway in a couple hours and could be months
> before I'd see land again, that aroma had to last awhile. LOL Hey, just
> being real. Thanks for the deje vous, made my day. :-)

Sounds like you had liberty in the Bay of Naples, "Where the women
smell like fish and the fish smell like women"...!!!

;-)

In Naples (the cesspool of the Med) din't hafta eat salmon to get a dose of
omega-3 fatty acid.... of course one could get all sorts of doses there.