Old 25-05-2009, 05:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The brilliance of Bobby

This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
Parade:

1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
canola oil
salt n' pepper

Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.

nb

Old 25-05-2009, 05:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" wrote in message
This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
Parade:

1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
canola oil
salt n' pepper

Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.

nb

Exactly. People try to make burgers all fancy with a lot of other
ingredients that actually detract from the taste of good Beef.

Old 25-05-2009, 05:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob said...

This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the

Sunday
Parade:

1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
canola oil
salt n' pepper

Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.

nb

nb,

Just you wait... Food-TV is showing a "how dumb can you get" grilling week-
long segment. either this or next week, I forget which.

Burgers like you mentioned will rank right up there with grilled cheese.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask, what's your real name?!!! Get honest with
the membership, why don't ya?

Put ya in my will!?!?

Best,

Andy
--
What should I make for breakfast?
http://alturl.com/wo3y
Old 25-05-2009, 05:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski said...

Exactly. People try to make burgers all fancy with a lot of other
ingredients that actually detract from the taste of good Beef.

Ed,

Excellent point!

When I try new meat I try it plain to get the actual taste of the meat
without disguising the flavor.

To this day, I eat my buffalo plain. Not even cheese. It would be a dishonor
to bury it in "trash," imho.

Best,

Andy
\
Old 25-05-2009, 05:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-05-25, Andy wrote:
Ed Pawlowski said...

Exactly.

Excellent point!

Double whoosh!

Old 25-05-2009, 05:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
notbob wrote:

This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
Parade:

1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
canola oil
salt n' pepper

Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.

nb

laughs Good point.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Old 25-05-2009, 05:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"notbob" wrote in message
This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
Parade:

1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
canola oil
salt n' pepper

Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.

nb

Exactly. People try to make burgers all fancy with a lot of other
ingredients that actually detract from the taste of good Beef.

Either make burger, meatloaf or sausage.

If I'm making burger, it's pure beef!

If I make sausage, I call it as such.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Old 25-05-2009, 05:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob said...

On 2009-05-25, Andy wrote:
Ed Pawlowski said...

Exactly.

Excellent point!

Double whoosh!

OK, so perhaps it was a tad besides the point.

Andy
Old 25-05-2009, 05:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

In article ,
notbob wrote:

This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the

Sunday
Parade:

1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
canola oil
salt n' pepper

Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.

nb

laughs Good point.

Flay is a slob of a chef! How better to explain it?

Imho,

Andy
Old 25-05-2009, 06:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

notbob wrote:

This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
Parade:

1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
canola oil
salt n' pepper

Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.

nb

VBEG - hehehe - bacon grease is better than canola oil. But, that's for
the cook/diner to decide.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

Old 25-05-2009, 06:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Sky said...

notbob wrote:

This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the

Sunday
Parade:

1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
canola oil
salt n' pepper

Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.

nb

VBEG - hehehe - bacon grease is better than canola oil. But, that's for
the cook/diner to decide.

Sky

Sky,

Is there a "drool" smiley that I could apply to your reply?!?

Best,

Andy

Old 25-05-2009, 07:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , Andy wrote:

Sky said...

notbob wrote:

This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the

Sunday
Parade:

1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
canola oil
salt n' pepper

Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.

nb

VBEG - hehehe - bacon grease is better than canola oil. But, that's for
the cook/diner to decide.

Sky

Sky,

Is there a "drool" smiley that I could apply to your reply?!?

Best,

Andy

Try this :-)~
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Old 25-05-2009, 07:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-05-25, Andy wrote:
Ed Pawlowski said...

Exactly.

Excellent point!

Double whoosh!

I think you've been whooshed.

Old 25-05-2009, 08:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:13:53 GMT, notbob wrote:

This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
Parade:

1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
canola oil
salt n' pepper

Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.

I'm watching his burger show on HGTV as I read this.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/b...ipe/index.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...ipe/index.html

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Old 26-05-2009, 01:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-05-25, Andy wrote:
Ed Pawlowski said...

Exactly.

Excellent point!

Double whoosh!

Actually, Bobby is right. There's no whooshing at all. Seems like
the whoosh is on you as your intended criticism of Flay failed
miserably.

-sw

Bobby Flay LarbGai General Cooking 89 23-08-2007 04:31 PM
Mango Curry Brilliance with Prawns and Jasmine Rice International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 28-03-2005 04:06 AM
Mango Curry Brilliance with Prawns and Jasmine Rice International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 28-03-2005 04:06 AM
Mango Curry Brilliance with Prawns and Jasmine Rice Chef2Chef Recipe Club Recipes (moderated) 0 08-09-2004 02:04 PM
Bobby'Q \Piedmont\ Barbecue 0 11-05-2004 03:49 PM