Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The brilliance of Bobby

This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
Parade:

1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
canola oil
salt n' pepper

Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
> Parade:
>
> 1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
> canola oil
> salt n' pepper
>
> Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
>
> nb

Exactly. People try to make burgers all fancy with a lot of other
ingredients that actually detract from the taste of good Beef.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob said...

> This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the

Sunday
> Parade:
>
> 1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
> canola oil
> salt n' pepper
>
> Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
>
> nb

nb,

Just you wait... Food-TV is showing a "how dumb can you get" grilling week-
long segment. either this or next week, I forget which.

Burgers like you mentioned will rank right up there with grilled cheese.
<G>

BTW, I've been meaning to ask, what's your real name?!!! Get honest with
the membership, why don't ya?

Put ya in my will!?!?

Best,

Andy
--
What should I make for breakfast?
http://alturl.com/wo3y
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski said...

> Exactly. People try to make burgers all fancy with a lot of other
> ingredients that actually detract from the taste of good Beef.

Ed,

Excellent point!

When I try new meat I try it plain to get the actual taste of the meat
without disguising the flavor.

To this day, I eat my buffalo plain. Not even cheese. It would be a dishonor
to bury it in "trash," imho.

Best,

Andy
\
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-05-25, Andy > wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski said...
>
>> Exactly.

> Excellent point!

Double whoosh!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
> Parade:
>
> 1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
> canola oil
> salt n' pepper
>
> Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
>
> nb

<laughs> Good point.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "notbob" > wrote in message
> > This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
> > Parade:
> >
> > 1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
> > canola oil
> > salt n' pepper
> >
> > Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
> >
> > nb

> Exactly. People try to make burgers all fancy with a lot of other
> ingredients that actually detract from the taste of good Beef.

Either make burger, meatloaf or sausage.

If I'm making burger, it's pure beef!

If I make sausage, I call it as such.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob said...

> On 2009-05-25, Andy > wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski said...
>>
>>> Exactly.

>> Excellent point!

> Double whoosh!

OK, so perhaps it was a tad besides the point.

Andy
--
What should I make for breakfast?
http://alturl.com/wo3y
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet said...

> In article >,
> notbob > wrote:
>
>> This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the

Sunday
>> Parade:
>>
>> 1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
>> canola oil
>> salt n' pepper
>>
>> Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
>>
>> nb

> <laughs> Good point.

Flay is a slob of a chef! How better to explain it?

Imho,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

notbob wrote:

> This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
> Parade:
>
> 1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
> canola oil
> salt n' pepper
>
> Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
>
> nb

VBEG - hehehe - bacon grease is better than canola oil. But, that's for
the cook/diner to decide.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sky said...

> notbob wrote:
>>
>> This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the

Sunday
>> Parade:
>>
>> 1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
>> canola oil
>> salt n' pepper
>>
>> Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
>>
>> nb

> VBEG - hehehe - bacon grease is better than canola oil. But, that's for
> the cook/diner to decide.
>
> Sky

Sky,

Is there a "drool" smiley that I could apply to your reply?!?

Best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy > wrote:

> Sky said...
>
> > notbob wrote:
> >>
> >> This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the

> Sunday
> >> Parade:
> >>
> >> 1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
> >> canola oil
> >> salt n' pepper
> >>
> >> Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
> >>
> >> nb

> > VBEG - hehehe - bacon grease is better than canola oil. But, that's for
> > the cook/diner to decide.
> >
> > Sky

> Sky,
>
> Is there a "drool" smiley that I could apply to your reply?!?
>
> Best,
>
> Andy

Try this :-)~
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

Subscribe:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2009-05-25, Andy > wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski said...
>>
>>> Exactly.

>> Excellent point!

> Double whoosh!

I think you've been whooshed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:13:53 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
>Parade:
>
>1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
>canola oil
>salt n' pepper
>
>Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.

I'm watching his burger show on HGTV as I read this.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/b...ipe/index.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...ipe/index.html

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:44:13 GMT, notbob wrote:

> On 2009-05-25, Andy > wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski said...
>>
>>> Exactly.

>> Excellent point!

> Double whoosh!

Actually, Bobby is right. There's no whooshing at all. Seems like
the whoosh is on you as your intended criticism of Flay failed
miserably.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-05-26, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Actually, Bobby is right.

How do you know?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2009 00:52:34 GMT, notbob wrote:

> On 2009-05-26, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> Actually, Bobby is right.

> How do you know?

Well, he may be left. But I know a simple burger is usually best.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> "notbob" > wrote in message
>> This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
>> Parade:
>>
>> 1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
>> canola oil
>> salt n' pepper
>>
>> Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
>>
>> nb

> Exactly. People try to make burgers all fancy with a lot of other
> ingredients that actually detract from the taste of good Beef.

I nominate as the most disgusting the "burger" being pimped by one of
the big box places (aplebees I think) which shows a "super burger" or
whatever they call it that is topped with onion rings and a ladle of
some sauce piled on top of the burger.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
> Parade:
>
> 1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
> canola oil
> salt n' pepper
>
> Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
>
> nb

and one could object to the canola oil too.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:13:53 GMT, notbob wrote:

> This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
> Parade:
>
> 1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
> canola oil
> salt n' pepper
>
> Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
>
> nb

a large part of genius is knowing when to quit.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 25, 11:13*am, notbob > wrote:
> This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
> Parade:
>
> 1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
> canola oil
> salt n' pepper
>
> Wow! *Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
>
> nb

Some people don't believe that all you need is good beef, salt &
pepper to make a good hamburger. They need to be told by a famous
chef in order to believe it.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:13:53 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
> >This is the recipe for Bobby Flay's basic burger, as printed in the Sunday
> >Parade:
> >
> >1-1/2 lb fresh ground chuck
> >canola oil
> >salt n' pepper
> >
> >Wow! Brilliant!! No wonder he's considered a culinary genius.
> >

> I'm watching his burger show on HGTV as I read this.
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/b...-with-crunchy-
> avocado-salad-recipe/index.html
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...nican-chimichu
> rri-burgers-with-chipotle-glazed-grilled-yellow-plantains-recipe/index.html

Well, it *is* the Sunday Parade. That's already four ingredients. You
can't go any higher than that, assuming one hand for the counting on the
other and not using the thumb.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-05-26, blake murphy > wrote:

> a large part of genius is knowing when to quit.

Hah!

Apparently, almost everybody in rfc agrees ground chuck makes a perfect
burger. The article was labeled Bobby's Basic Burger, just to let you
know its Bobby's recipe and only Bobby Flay is privy to this astonishing
information. Yeah.... Bobby Flay "quit"! We should be so lucky.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2009 18:40:23 GMT, notbob wrote:

> On 2009-05-26, blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> a large part of genius is knowing when to quit.

> Hah!
>
> Apparently, almost everybody in rfc agrees ground chuck makes a perfect
> burger. The article was labeled Bobby's Basic Burger, just to let you
> know its Bobby's recipe and only Bobby Flay is privy to this astonishing
> information. Yeah.... Bobby Flay "quit"! We should be so lucky.
>
> nb

but it's a well-known fact that we're all culinary geniuses here. have
some sympathy for the unenlightened.

your pal,
blake

Bobby Flay LarbGai General Cooking 89 23-08-2007 04:31 PM
Mango Curry Brilliance with Prawns and Jasmine Rice International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 28-03-2005 04:06 AM
Mango Curry Brilliance with Prawns and Jasmine Rice International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 28-03-2005 04:06 AM
Mango Curry Brilliance with Prawns and Jasmine Rice Chef2Chef Recipe Club Recipes (moderated) 0 08-09-2004 02:04 PM
Bobby'Q \Piedmont\ Barbecue 0 11-05-2004 03:49 PM