Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lettuce Wraps!

Fun with salad? <g>
Cool thing for low carb dieting.

Todays lettuce wraps for brunch were made with a leaf of hydroponic
Boston butter lettuce, a slice of low fat deli ham and a mix of
scrambled eggs with leftover chicken breast and a large handful of home
grown lentil sprouts:

http://i43.tinypic.com/23s7ji0.jpg

Accompanied by a dinner drink:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2q1c3lh.jpg

Worked for us. For some odd reason, dad was really impressed with these.
<shrugs> I don't make them often.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 5:22*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> Fun with salad? <g>
> Cool thing for low carb dieting.
>
> Todays lettuce wraps for brunch were made with a leaf of hydroponic
> Boston butter lettuce, a slice of low fat deli ham and a mix of
> scrambled eggs with leftover chicken breast and a large handful of home
> grown lentil sprouts:

Lettuce, it's the new bread.
> --
> Peace! Om

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> On May 9, 5:22*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> > Fun with salad? <g>
> > Cool thing for low carb dieting.
> >
> > Todays lettuce wraps for brunch were made with a leaf of hydroponic
> > Boston butter lettuce, a slice of low fat deli ham and a mix of
> > scrambled eggs with leftover chicken breast and a large handful of home
> > grown lentil sprouts:
> >

> Lettuce, it's the new bread.
> >

> --Bryan

Indeed it is. :-)
I sometimes use celery too.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > Fun with salad? <g>
> > Cool thing for low carb dieting.
> >
> > Todays lettuce wraps for brunch were made with a leaf of hydroponic
> > Boston butter lettuce, a slice of low fat deli ham and a mix of
> > scrambled eggs with leftover chicken breast and a large handful of home
> > grown lentil sprouts:
> >
> > http://i43.tinypic.com/23s7ji0.jpg
> >
> > Accompanied by a dinner drink:
> >
> > http://i39.tinypic.com/2q1c3lh.jpg
> >
> > Worked for us. For some odd reason, dad was really impressed with these.
> > <shrugs> I don't make them often.

> If you like that you might want to give bulgogi a try sometime.
> It is Korean. Marinated and grilled meat wrapped in a lettuce leaf.
> Commonly cooked at the table by diners.

I've eaten many a lettuce wrap, including BLT's etc. :-)
Avoiding bread is mandatory for now...

and, thanks!

How did you like the pics?
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 09 May 2009 17:22:58 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>Accompanied by a dinner drink:
>
>http://i39.tinypic.com/2q1c3lh.jpg

Oooh, baby, yeah!

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 9:18*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> *Kris > wrote:
> > On May 9, 6:22*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> > > Fun with salad? <g>
> > > Cool thing for low carb dieting.

> > > Todays lettuce wraps for brunch were made with a leaf of hydroponic
> > > Boston butter lettuce, a slice of low fat deli ham and a mix of
> > > scrambled eggs with leftover chicken breast and a large handful of home
> > > grown lentil sprouts:

> > >http://i43.tinypic.com/23s7ji0.jpg

> > > Accompanied by a dinner drink:

> > >http://i39.tinypic.com/2q1c3lh.jpg

> > > Worked for us. For some odd reason, dad was really impressed with these.
> > > <shrugs> I don't make them often.
> > > --
> > > Peace! Om

> > > Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
> > > It's about learning to dance in the rain.
> > > -- Anon.

> > I love lettuce wraps! Good with chicken salad especially (kind of like
> > what you had)

> > Kris

> There is still some leftover chicken breast meat. Chicken salad is an
> excellent idea and I think I still have some fresh celery to chip into
> it.
>
> Thanks for the idea Kris.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
> It's about learning to dance in the rain.
> -- Anon.- Hide quoted text -

My pleasure. Hope you enjoy it.

Kris, contemplating buying lettuce cups soon herself
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:

> > Accompanied by a dinner drink:
> >
> > http://i39.tinypic.com/2q1c3lh.jpg
> >
> > Worked for us. For some odd reason, dad was really impressed with
> > these. <shrugs> I don't make them often.

> Oh, that cocktail looks lovely. I'm much more impressed with the drink
> than the wrap
>
> Michael

The lighting on that did work rather nicely. <g>

Thanks!
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 May 2009 14:05:28 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> "Michael \"Dog3\"" > wrote:
>
>>> Accompanied by a dinner drink:
>>>
>>> http://i39.tinypic.com/2q1c3lh.jpg
>>>
>>> Worked for us. For some odd reason, dad was really impressed with
>>> these. <shrugs> I don't make them often.

>> Oh, that cocktail looks lovely. I'm much more impressed with the drink
>> than the wrap
>>
>> Michael

> The lighting on that did work rather nicely. <g>
>
> Thanks!

are you sure it was only the one drink? the glass looked a little wobbly
in the knees.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 2009 14:05:28 -0500, Omelet wrote:

> >> Oh, that cocktail looks lovely. I'm much more impressed with the drink
> >> than the wrap
> >>
> >> Michael

> > The lighting on that did work rather nicely. <g>
> >
> > Thanks!

> are you sure it was only the one drink? the glass looked a little wobbly
> in the knees.
>
> your pal,
> blake

<Laughs>
That was part of it's charm, and why I bought it! ;-D
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.

I have perfected the lettuce wraps! Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 1 24-04-2012 03:23 PM
P F Chang's Lettuce Wraps Julie Bove Diabetic 16 17-02-2009 09:56 AM
Asian lettuce wraps huck Asian Cooking 1 27-07-2006 01:05 PM
PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps lesliemm Recipes (moderated) 0 15-12-2005 08:49 AM
lettuce wraps? authentic?? kalanamak Asian Cooking 76 09-09-2004 04:18 PM