Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

Default SLop on Today: Simple Treats for Easter Brunch

April 12: Sandra Lee of Semi-Homemade joins NBC's Lester Holt to
demonstrate her take on a number of classic Easter recipes:

http://www.veoh.com/collection/NBC-T...225252rtsWhmDr

Here's SLop creepily flirting with host Lester Holt. Of course, the food
is her usual crap. She made "hot cross buns" by twisting whack-a-dough
breadsticks into little braids and smearing them with a mixture of honey
and mustard before baking. In addition, the moron claimed that those
peeled hard-boiled eggs you get at the store are cheaper than the fresh
ones.

--
That's the great thing about Semi-Homemade Cooking: No matter how bad
we think it's going to be, Sandy manages to make it even worse.

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:07:09 -0400, Ubiquitous >
wrote:

>April 12: Sandra Lee of Semi-Homemade joins NBC's Lester Holt to
>demonstrate her take on a number of classic Easter recipes:
>
>http://www.veoh.com/collection/NBC-T...225252rtsWhmDr
>
>Here's SLop creepily flirting with host Lester Holt. Of course, the food
>is her usual crap. She made "hot cross buns" by twisting whack-a-dough
>breadsticks into little braids and smearing them with a mixture of honey
>and mustard before baking. In addition, the moron claimed that those
>peeled hard-boiled eggs you get at the store are cheaper than the fresh
>ones.

I've never seen cheesecake filling in a tub. Is that an East Coast
thing? Preboiled hard boiled eggs? East Coast again? Who thinks of
this stuff?

PS, I'm not anti Sandra Lee - I just think those ingredients aren't
exactly mainstream.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
wrote:
>On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:07:09 -0400, Ubiquitous >
>wrote:

http://www.veoh.com/collection/NBC-T...225252rtsWhmDr

>I've never seen cheesecake filling in a tub. Is that an East Coast
>thing? Preboiled hard boiled eggs? East Coast again? Who thinks of
>this stuff?

The cheesecake filling is a relatively new item from Philladelphia
Cream Cheese. I remember seeing a lot of TV ads for it.

As for the eggs, I've seen them in the deli section of the supermarket
for several years now.

But SLop's claims that this (and already-chopped vegetables) are
money-savers? What a moron.

--
It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:07:09 -0400, Ubiquitous >
> wrote:
>
>> April 12: Sandra Lee of Semi-Homemade joins NBC's Lester Holt to
>> demonstrate her take on a number of classic Easter recipes:
>>
>> http://www.veoh.com/collection/NBC-T...225252rtsWhmDr
>>
>> Here's SLop creepily flirting with host Lester Holt. Of course, the food
>> is her usual crap. She made "hot cross buns" by twisting whack-a-dough
>> breadsticks into little braids and smearing them with a mixture of honey
>> and mustard before baking. In addition, the moron claimed that those
>> peeled hard-boiled eggs you get at the store are cheaper than the fresh
>> ones.

> I've never seen cheesecake filling in a tub. Is that an East Coast
> thing? Preboiled hard boiled eggs? East Coast again? Who thinks of
> this stuff?

Likely the same ones who thought of easy boil rice in a bag, pre-cut raw
potatoes, individually wrapped microwave potatoes and similar "extreme
time and labor saving" ideas...

> PS, I'm not anti Sandra Lee - I just think those ingredients aren't
> exactly mainstream.

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

"Ubiquitous" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> wrote:
>>On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:07:09 -0400, Ubiquitous >
>>wrote:

http://www.veoh.com/collection/NBC-T...225252rtsWhmDr

>>I've never seen cheesecake filling in a tub. Is that an East Coast
>>thing? Preboiled hard boiled eggs? East Coast again? Who thinks of
>>this stuff?

> The cheesecake filling is a relatively new item from Philladelphia
> Cream Cheese. I remember seeing a lot of TV ads for it.
>
> As for the eggs, I've seen them in the deli section of the supermarket
> for several years now.
>
> But SLop's claims that this (and already-chopped vegetables) are
> money-savers?

Servants are expensive!

Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Ubiquitous > wrote:

> In article >,
> wrote:
> >On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:07:09 -0400, Ubiquitous >
> >wrote:

http://www.veoh.com/collection/NBC-T...225252rtsWhmDr

> >I've never seen cheesecake filling in a tub. Is that an East Coast
> >thing? Preboiled hard boiled eggs? East Coast again? Who thinks of
> >this stuff?

> The cheesecake filling is a relatively new item from Philladelphia
> Cream Cheese. I remember seeing a lot of TV ads for it.

Used to come in different flavors too; haven't seen it in a while. In
fact the Philadelphia Cream Cheese section in every store I go to has
shrunk drasticallly; they have maybe 1/4 of the shelf space they did 5
years ago.

> As for the eggs, I've seen them in the deli section of the supermarket
> for several years now.

They taste awful.

> But SLop's claims that this (and already-chopped vegetables) are
> money-savers? What a moron.

Yeah, the preboiled eggs cost a LOT more.

--
Bad Reboot's 'Crap Trek' 2009: "No Shat, No Show"
Rated "least anticipated film of 2009" by ETOnline
Posted to alt.tv.food-network,rec.arts.tv,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:07:09 -0400, Ubiquitous >
> wrote:
>
> >April 12: Sandra Lee of Semi-Homemade joins NBC's Lester Holt to
> >demonstrate her take on a number of classic Easter recipes:
> >
> >http://www.veoh.com/collection/NBC-T...225252rtsWhmDr
> >
> >Here's SLop creepily flirting with host Lester Holt. Of course, the food
> >is her usual crap. She made "hot cross buns" by twisting whack-a-dough
> >breadsticks into little braids and smearing them with a mixture of honey
> >and mustard before baking. In addition, the moron claimed that those
> >peeled hard-boiled eggs you get at the store are cheaper than the fresh
> >ones.

> I've never seen cheesecake filling in a tub. Is that an East Coast
> thing? Preboiled hard boiled eggs? East Coast again? Who thinks of
> this stuff?

We have both at Safeway in Arizona.

--
Bad Reboot's 'Crap Trek' 2009: "No Shat, No Show"
Rated "least anticipated film of 2009" by ETOnline
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:41:04 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:07:09 -0400, Ubiquitous >
>wrote:
>
>>April 12: Sandra Lee of Semi-Homemade joins NBC's Lester Holt to
>>demonstrate her take on a number of classic Easter recipes:
>>
>>http://www.veoh.com/collection/NBC-T...225252rtsWhmDr
>>
>>Here's SLop creepily flirting with host Lester Holt. Of course, the food
>>is her usual crap. She made "hot cross buns" by twisting whack-a-dough
>>breadsticks into little braids and smearing them with a mixture of honey
>>and mustard before baking. In addition, the moron claimed that those
>>peeled hard-boiled eggs you get at the store are cheaper than the fresh
>>ones.

>I've never seen cheesecake filling in a tub. Is that an East Coast
>thing? Preboiled hard boiled eggs? East Coast again? Who thinks of
>this stuff?
>
>PS, I'm not anti Sandra Lee - I just think those ingredients aren't
>exactly mainstream.

Philly sells it in plain and chocolate... I tried it once just to see
how it was. It made a very quick and easy strawberry 'mousse' for
church, but it doesn't taste any better than my homemade cheesecake
filling.